Election 2016

newfie

Did you catch Obama's speech to the Cuban people?

Instead of harping on the 'baseball' game meme, can you accurately describe the historic importance of Obama's visit to Cuba?

I can:

I Obama will not lift the embargo on Cuba because it did not work after 40 years. (Korea has not worked for 60 years0
I will lift it without any pre-conditions and without Cuba making any agreements to improve their human rights
When I do so I will disrespect the wishes of Cuban US citizens who fought the dictator that rules Cuba and escaped all kinds of unthinkable brutality.
I will then go there and get my photo op like I really did something.
when I leave the Cuban people will continue to live under the brutal rule of their dictatorship and the will continue to suffer endless human rights violations.

in so doing I expect to earn my legacy as a peacemaker . Meanwhile the citizens of cuba will earn more abuse at the hands of their government.

Sportello

yea those drone strikes by Obama killing innocent civilians were real moral.
I know who doesn't know what 'modicum' means.

How many boots on the ground would you like to take out those targets? What are acceptable American casualties? What ROE would you like in place?

Paper soldier.

Sportello

I can:

I Obama will not lift the embargo on Cuba because it did not work after 40 years. (Korea has not worked for 60 years0
I will lift it without any pre-conditions and without Cuba making any agreements to improve their human rights
When I do so I will disrespect the wishes of Cuban US citizens who fought the dictator that rules Cuba and escaped all kinds of unthinkable brutality.
I will then go there and get my photo op like I really did something.
when I leave the Cuban people will continue to live under the brutal rule of their dictatorship and the will continue to suffer endless human rights violations.

in so doing I expect to earn my legacy as a peacemaker . Meanwhile the citizens of cuba will earn more abuse at the hands of their government.
:stupid:

Sportello

Explained for an overweight, old, white guy.

Heel-toe, work on it. Forward back. Keep it funky. Boom boom. Paint it, with control.

So good, so nice... LOL!

newfie

Proper concern.

exactly , you would think Obama would have learned from Bush

Morning Joe put it well. Belgium is having their 9/11 moment and the president is seen laughing and doing the wave at a baseball game.

In GW's defense he certainly did not go out and play while America was reeling from the 9/11 event.

Last edited:

newfie

I know who doesn't know what 'modicum' means.

How many boots on the ground would you like to take out those targets? What are acceptable American casualties? What ROE would you like in place?

Paper soldier.

I don't believe I made an argument for boots on the ground. You were heaping praise on Obama for his morality I found that morality missing and told you why.
I'm not sure a modicum of morality makes one moral. morality is certainly not a trait that Obama has displayed. He seems to avoid religious services unless his prayers are taking place on the golf course.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
it's funny though. When it was blacks and a crack epidemic, the answer was to throw them in jail. when it's whites and heroin, ob, now it's time to "be understanding and get these folks the help they need to prevent their self destruction."

"Top Down" economics just may force people to finally see past their differences to their very stark similarities.

MAKAVELI

exactly , you would think Obama would have learned from Bush

Morning Joe put it well. Belgium is having their 9/11 moment and the president is seen laughing and doing the wave at a baseball game.

In GW's defense he certainly did not go out and play while America was reeling from the 9/11 event.
Do you think the rest of the world stopped when San Bernardino happened?