Embassy Attacks

over9five

Staff member
So, your solution is to not support new democracies in an important part of the world, and to increase our military presence in any country in which we have a diplomatic presence?

I would also be interested in how you would prevent terrorist attacks on our citizens overseas, or do we withdraw completely from the world stage?

I'm not sure if we should continue this conversation if you're going to make up things. I never said I wouldn't support new democracies, and I never said we should increase our military presence in any country we have diplomats. You made that up.

In a hostile country with a new government, YES, I would make sure our diplomats were protected with more of our own Marines. AND I would make sure my people had adequate buildings and/or security BEFORE I continued to give money to that government.

Do you not agree that the Secretary of State has responsibility for protecting our diplomats abroad? Do you not agree she hasn't done her job?

bbsam

Staff member
I'm not sure if we should continue this conversation if you're going to make up things. I never said I wouldn't support new democracies, and I never said we should increase our military presence in any country we have diplomats. You made that up.

In a hostile country with a new government, YES, I would make sure our diplomats were protected with more of our own Marines. AND I would make sure my people had adequate buildings and/or security BEFORE I continued to give money to that government.

Do you not agree that the Secretary of State has responsibility for protecting our diplomats abroad? Do you not agree she hasn't done her job?
This conversation contains unsubstantiated rumors about sodomy and now is when you think the conversation should end because people are making things up? I've seen very little that is completely backed by facts.

bbsam

Staff member
I believe safety of the embassies of foreign countries is the responsibility of the host country. Or is somebody making things up?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I believe safety of the embassies of foreign countries is the responsibility of the host country. Or is somebody making things up?
The host countries are crooked where the violence is happenig.
Even our own guy is Islam sympathetic.
If you want to be safe, you have to take care of yourselves & fellow Americans.

over9five

Staff member
This conversation contains unsubstantiated rumors about sodomy and now is when you think the conversation should end because people are making things up? I've seen very little that is completely backed by facts.

I called him out because he lied about something I didn't say.

Ahh, but is that the whole answer? I think not. Look it up on the Dept of State website under Bureau of Diplomatic Security.

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] "DS plays a vital role in protecting U.S. embassies and personnel overseas..."[/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Grande, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]And once again, You're going to trust a month old government to protect your people? Kind of naive, don't you think?[/FONT]

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll

We will agree to disagree. Libya is not a hostile country.

How many troops would you dispatch to foreign missions on a permanent basis? More personnel are being dispatched right this moment in response to heightened security.

The ambassador and his staff did not feel they were in a dangerous situation until fighting broke out. There was no demonstration, just an intense, surprise attack. Sean Smith was online with friends when the attack started. Everything was normal before the attack.

As far as security, read this:
What Makes Embassies Secure? | PBS NewsHour

bbsam

Staff member
Couldn't exactly land a battalion of marines in Libya, now could we? Hey, it is a dangerous world. Diplomacy is risky.

over9five

Staff member
We will agree to disagree. Libya is not a hostile country.

How many troops would you dispatch to foreign missions on a permanent basis? More personnel are being dispatched right this moment in response to heightened security.

The ambassador and his staff did not feel they were in a dangerous situation until fighting broke out. There was no demonstration, just an intense, surprise attack. Sean Smith was online with friends when the attack started. Everything was normal before the attack.

As far as security, read this:
What Makes Embassies Secure? | PBS NewsHour

If I remember correctly, Mr. Smith didn't think he would survive the day. How do you call that normal???

roadrunner2012

Four hours in the mod queue for a news link
Troll
I called him out because he lied about something I didn't say.

My statement was a logical conclusion to the statements you made. I didn't say you said that, notice the question mark after my statement? That means I was asking a question of you, not attributing a statement to you.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
118689_600.jpg

brett636

Sooo...let's see...

The 'spark' that started this situation was a twelve-minute 'trailer' for a 'movie' that no one gave a scht about three months ago, until...

Terry Jones, an extremist-fundamentalist-Christian nut-job, with the help of an Egyptian ex-muslim-turned-radical-Christian, among others, pointed this idiot 'trailer' toward...Libya, at the very least.

To put this into perspective, making a 'film' about Mohammed being a pedophile and an adulterer, as well as questioning his 'calling' as a prophet (aside from the largest blasphemy of all, showing an image of the Muslim prophet, which is prohibited in the Muslim religion), is the equivalent of making a 'film' about Jesus having a three-way with two of his Apostles...it's just disgusting.

Terry Jones and the filmmaker should be brought up on charges for putting Americans in harm's way.

If you want to rail against religious fundamentalism, at least be consistent.

In today's society someone who attempts to marry a girl at age 6 and have sex with her at age 9 is considered a pedophile. This so called "prophet" mohommad did just that so by definition he was a pedophile. Why do you find the truth so disgusting?

BRETT,

as you called all muslims animals, I am sure they would call you and Mark Levin the same for your repeated hate speech.

Actions speak louder than words. I could give two hoots about what muslims think of my comments because their actions are screaming about the savagery imbedded deep in their culture. If the truth is now considered hate speech so be it.

As far as the people in the picture it just goes to show that there are decent human beings in all corners of the earth, and for once they are getting a little press. Given the events of today with more flag burnings, protests, and attacks on embassies its apparent that those people are in the minority when it comes to Islam. Face it, Islam is the religion of violence, and they are making my case everyday.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
In today's society someone who attempts to marry a girl at age 6 and have sex with her at age 9 is considered a pedophile. This so called "prophet" mohommad did just that so by definition he was a pedophile. Why do you find the truth so disgusting?

Actions speak louder than words. I could give two hoots about what muslims think of my comments because their actions are screaming about the savagery imbedded deep in their culture. If the truth is now considered hate speech so be it.

As far as the people in the picture it just goes to show that there are decent human beings in all corners of the earth, and for once they are getting a little press. Given the events of today with more flag burnings, protests, and attacks on embassies its apparent that those people are in the minority when it comes to Islam. Face it, Islam is the religion of violence, and they are making my case everyday.

Thier getting a little press?? Why not on FOX NEWS? Why not on RUSH Limbaughs program or Sean Hannity?

There is violence in many countries, but you are talking about uneducated men, mostly unemployed in third world nations. They are not animals, they just dont know better. We have 200 years of civilized society allbeit the GOP wants to return to uncivilized discourse, but we understand the rights of everyone having an opinion.

Islamic radicalism is a problem, but so is right wing christianity. Bush started two wars under the watchful eye of GOD and over 250 civilians lost their lives. You dont think the world thinks christians are nuts?

It cuts both ways.

In any event, this movie is exactly the kind of crap that needs to be censored, the BUSH administration agrees with me and so does GW BUSH himself.

The creation, promoting and spreading of this movies trailer had one intention and one intention only, spark violence. Mission accomplished.

Maybe you should be calling for the arrest of this person who calls himself Sam Bacile who is a fraud?

peace

TOS

texan

Carney: Protests Not Directed Against the United States

"this is not a response to the administration, to the American people," but a response "to a film."

Why did they kill our US personnel and take down and burn our US flag?

Obama and his spokesman display that they think we are stupid.

The U.S. ambassador was killed along with others, that American flagged were burned, and that we have
seen three days of rioting by radical Muslims shouting "death to America" -- but none of this is a response
to, or directed at, America.
_62876446_408e6962-0325-45dd-9f30-4c5eda215ab0.jpg

texan

Protesters set fire to the American School in the Tunisian capital on Friday, after hundreds of people incensed
by a U.S.-made film that demeans Prophet Mohammad invaded the U.S. embassy compound and clashed with riot
police, a Reuters reporter said.

The school was closed on Friday. Protesters had earlier set fire to trees in the U.S. embassy compound.

“(U.S. President Barack) Obama, Obama, we are all Osamas,” the protesters chanted, in reference to the
slain al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

But remember according to the current Adminstration spokesman Carney:
"this is not a response to the administration, to the American people," but a response "to a film."

texan

At least seven reported killed in regional protests over anti-Islamic video

Updated at 5:45 p.m. ET: At least seven people were reported to have been killed Friday across the
Middle East and Africa in protests over the anti-Islamic video that led to a deadly attack on a
U.S. consulate in Libya this week.

Three people were reported to have been killed Friday afternoon in a violent protest near the
U.S. Embassy in Khartoum, the capital of Sudan, the Arabic news service al-Arabiya reported, citing
witneses and journalists on the scene.

In Tunisia, two people — at least one of them a protester — were killed and 29 others were injured outside
the U.S. Embassy in Tunis, the Health Ministry said. At least two of the injured were in critical condition, the
ministry reported, according to the official Tunisian news agency, TAP.
At least seven reported killed in regional protests over anti-Islamic video - World News

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

DUH, lets see, the US embassy in Bengazzi was attacked, the Ambassador was killed, his name was Christopher Stevens, Romney made this issue a political one, in the cartoon, it depicts a gravestone with Christopher Stevens name on it, it also shows Romney placing his bumper sticker on the gravestone as he tries to politicize the issue.

Pretty simple stuff bro.

Peace

TOS

My take was slightly different from yours (imagine that). I saw it as the body was barely cold, the dirt had yet to settle on the grave and you chose to politicize his death.

BTW, don't ever DUH me, bro.

Dave.