Embassy Attacks

moreluck

golden ticket member
Re: REAL CLEAR POLITICS..... polls and tracking!

It's more than "just 2o people". It's still alQaeda.

Don't believe it just because Hillary & Barack say so.

"While the Obama administration says there was no "actionable intelligence" foreshadowing the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya, there were at least four attacks on diplomatic and western targets in Benghazi leading up to the murder of the U.S. ambassador"

He's blind too.

"Al Qaeda's branch in Yemen praised the killing of the U.S. ambassador in Libya in a Web statement Saturday and called for more attacks to expel American embassies from Muslim nations."

Read more: Al Qaeda calls for more attacks on US embassies | Fox News

texan

Al-Qaida calls for more attacks on embassies

CAIRO (AP) — Al-Qaida's most active branch in the Middle East called for more attacks on U.S.
embassies Saturday to "set the fires blazing," seeking to co-opt outrage over an anti-Muslim film
even as the wave of protests that swept 20 countries this week eased.

Senior Muslim religious authorities issued their strongest pleas yet against resorting to violence, trying
to defuse Muslim anger over the film a day after new attacks on U.S. and Western embassies that left
at least eight protesters dead.

The top cleric in U.S. ally Saudi Arabia denounced the film but said it can't really hurt Islam, a contrast
to protesters' frequently heard cries that the movie amounts to a humiliating attack that requires
retaliation.

He urged Muslims not to be "dragged by anger" into violence. The head of the Sunni Muslim world's
pre-eminent religious institution, Egypt's Al-Azhar, backed peaceful protests but said Muslims should
counter the movie by reviving Islam's moderate ideas.

Al-Qaida calls for more attacks on embassies - Businessweek

texan

U.S. Is Preparing for a Long Siege of Arab Unrest

WASHINGTON — After days of anti-American violence across the Muslim world, the White House is
girding itself for an extended period of turmoil that will test the security of American diplomatic
missions and President Obama’s ability to shape the forces of change in the Arab world.

Although the tumult subsided Saturday, senior administration officials said they had concluded that
the sometimes violent protests in Muslim countries may presage a sustained crisis with unpredictable
diplomatic and political consequences.

While pressing Arab leaders to tamp down the unrest, Mr. Obama and his advisers are left to consider
whether to scale back diplomatic activities in the region.

The unrest has suddenly become Mr. Obama’s most serious foreign policy crisis of the election
season, and analysts say it is calling into question central tenets of his Middle East policy.

Did he do enough throughout the Arab Spring to help the transition to democracy from autocracy?
Has he drawn a hard enough line against Islamic extremists? Did his administration fail to address
security concerns? Has his outreach to the Muslim world yielded any lasting benefits?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/16/w...long-siege-of-arab-unrest.html?pagewanted=all

Buddybrown

Re: REAL CLEAR POLITICS..... polls and tracking!

It always amazes me how gulible people can be when they listen to the non stop B.S. of the right wing propaganda machine. Listen, you can swallow the B.S. hook line and sinker, and yet OBAMA leads ROMNEY by 3.2 points nationally. Good luck with that. Peace TOS
Thanks for proving my point....You've got absolutely nothing to come back with except silly poll stats that don't mean anything right now...Peace!

brett636

Thier getting a little press?? Why not on FOX NEWS? Why not on RUSH Limbaughs program or Sean Hannity?

There is violence in many countries, but you are talking about uneducated men, mostly unemployed in third world nations. They are not animals, they just dont know better. We have 200 years of civilized society allbeit the GOP wants to return to uncivilized discourse, but we understand the rights of everyone having an opinion.

Islamic radicalism is a problem, but so is right wing christianity. Bush started two wars under the watchful eye of GOD and over 250 civilians lost their lives. You dont think the world thinks christians are nuts?

It cuts both ways.

In any event, this movie is exactly the kind of crap that needs to be censored, the BUSH administration agrees with me and so does GW BUSH himself.

The creation, promoting and spreading of this movies trailer had one intention and one intention only, spark violence. Mission accomplished.

Maybe you should be calling for the arrest of this person who calls himself Sam Bacile who is a fraud?

peace

TOS

This is why I refer to people of your ideology as emotional children. You see, its a child who would read my previous posts and come to the conclusions that I referred to these people as animals. I, in fact, did not refer to these violent muslims as animals because that would be an insult to animals. Animals do what they have to do in order to survive as they were designed by nature, whether they are feeding or protecting themselves, its usually related to survival. I referred to these people as savages which is a step below an animal because they are not acting out of any kind of survival instinct, but out of the bloodthirsty nature of their religion Islam. The very fact that they sexually assaulted this ambassador before killing him proves this. This has nothing to do with their level of education, but everything to do with the very violent core that makes up their religious beliefs, and you only wish to condone these behaviors rather than condemn them.

The movie is irrelevant, and was simply used as a cover. These acts would have occurred regardless of the supposed movie, but that doesn't matter to you because you have an agenda that relates to demonizing our god given rights like our right to free speech. Disagree or agree with any movie producers views you have to respect his or her right to produce it. The fact that you are not agreeing with that sentiment makes you no better than the people who carried out these attacks.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
According to reports ; at 8pm an armed mob started to gather near the US Compound, the owner { who lives nearby } and his neighbors tried to stop the mob, but were forced inside after the mob displayed weapons. The attack began at 10pm .So my question is {again } who starts a protest in the dark ?

texan

I thought this was just an American attack.
Why would the storm the British and German embassy yesterday in Sudan?
_62902391_klntwt9a.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Because these uneducated only listen to their local messiah.
Talk about free will, these people have no concept of what it is.
If some one at evenings prayers says attack , then that is what they will do.
These fools are being used & the sad part is they don't even know it.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Obama proves he is the "Campaginer and Chief" and will do whatever it takes to get relected...no matter what.

Obama team tweets campaign message on 9/11 anniversary, day bodies returned from Libya

President Obama and his re-election team marked the anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks and events related to the killing of four Americans abroad that day with a slate of official and somber events. But they also took to Twitter for some campaign business on both days.
"The election is in eight weeks. Sign up to volunteer," reads the first tweet, on Wednesday, the 11th anniversary of the deadly attacks, from @BarackObama.
The tweet went out at 7:07 a.m. President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama then appeared on the White House South Lawn and bowed their heads at 8:46 a.m. -- the exact time the first hijacked plane struck the North Tower of the World Trade Center. The event was followed by the president and first lady laying a wreath at the Pentagon, where the third plane struck.
The Obama campaign declined to comment Saturday for this story.
The second tweet, about a sale of Obama apparel, was posted Friday, about 30 minutes before Obama arrived at Andrews Air Force Base to welcome home the bodies of the four Americans – including U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens -- killed at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
"You would expect nothing less from a president whose priorities have been misplaced ever since he came to office," Paul Lindsay, communications director for the National Republican Congressional Committee, said Saturday.
The second tweet read: "Winter is coming, but these sweatshirts are perfect for fall."

Read more: Obama team tweets campaign message on 9/11 anniversary, day bodies returned from Libya | Fox News

CAFAL

I'm not trying to offend anyone with this reply. I understand that people take offense when they feel like their religion is being attacked. Some :censored2: made a terrible movie. Remember the backlash the movie Passion of the Christ brought on i the US? How angry the Jewish people were? My issue is that nobody was going around killing people over it. These people cannot hold all of America responsible for one dope and one movie. If this is their ideology, then we should be done with them. I for one think this was a premeditated excuse to attack us on 9/11. That cartoon last year insulting the prophet Mohammad didn't cause killing. Time to pack up the forces and bring them all home. We have enough ships,missiles and drones to handle any issues that arise.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I'm not trying to offend anyone with this reply. I understand that people take offense when they feel like their religion is being attacked. Some :censored2: made a terrible movie. Remember the backlash the movie Passion of the Christ brought on i the US? How angry the Jewish people were? My issue is that nobody was going around killing people over it. These people cannot hold all of America responsible for one dope and one movie. If this is their ideology, then we should be done with them. I for one think this was a premeditated excuse to attack us on 9/11. That cartoon last year insulting the prophet Mohammad didn't cause killing. Time to pack up the forces and bring them all home. We have enough ships,missiles and drones to handle any issues that arise.
This isn't about religion or a movie...it's about respect for human life and they have none.
(IMO)

bbsam

Staff member
I'm still trying to understand Romney's initial position. He didn't like the embassy's statement that came out about a crappy video and said the administration should take a tougher stance for our values. He went on to explain that the embassy is the administration. Is he saying then basically that Christopher Steven and the three other patriots that died in service to their nation deserved to die? They are, afterall, "the administration". That is at least tone deaf and at worst simply ignorance of diplomacy.

bbsam

Staff member
He just doesn't seem to have any passion about the act of war that was committed. I don't get it.
So how would you like to go about invading the Middle East? Alphabetically? Population size? Sell that to the American public. I think I like having a more cerebral and cautious administration.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm still trying to understand Romney's initial position. He didn't like the embassy's statement that came out about a crappy video and said the administration should take a tougher stance for our values. He went on to explain that the embassy is the administration. Is he saying then basically that Christopher Steven and the three other patriots that died in service to their nation deserved to die? They are, afterall, "the administration". That is at least tone deaf and at worst simply ignorance of diplomacy.

You may have noticed we're having an election. I don't think Romney really believes all the stuff he said, he's just behind in the polls and looking for some traction. He thought he spotted a good opening and took a shot, it just didn't pan out quite like he wanted.

klein

Für Meno :)
This isn't about religion or a movie...it's about respect for human life and they have none.
(IMO)

And in the meantime, each and every day in the USA hundreds of US citizens are murdered and or shot, by fellow "Christian" Americans.
I would also bet, that even by pro-portion, there are much less muslims in American prisons than that of the general "Christian" population.