Employee Parking Lots

alister

:mad:I work out on the west coast and our hub is located in an industrial area, apartments down the street a few blocks away. Now this is a major hub with a huge parking lot, security shack, guards, cameras etc. Just purchased a clean used chevy 1/2 ton 4wd blazer, had it less then 30 days and it was stolen out of the employee parking lot. When questioning other people, was told that it happens more than you think, in amazement I asked how this happens with security guards, cameras etc???? No one could provide any answers, other than ups is not responible for your vechicle in the parking lot and you park there under your own risk. Asked why they have cameras, guards etc, if they let this stuff happen in front of there eyes, never could get any good answer.

the cameras are for the managers.

raceanoncr

we used to have issues. that changed when the district security manager had his tires stolen off his new truck. the next day they chained off two of the entrances forcing everyone through one entrance. later they put a camera on the entrance that was left open.

Funny how that works:w00t:

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Gee,I`m begining to be thankfull for the Gestapo we have patroling our prison..er..I mean building.

I think I heard UPS hires off-duty police officers from the surrounding suburbs for the CACH Hub. Don't they come armed, too??:thumbup1: With the things I've heard of happening at the CACH Hub, they should! Remember, I've worked in the Chicago-area. The rumors we heard in the operation were never good. -Rocky

P

Paco_can't log in

Funny thing about "Security" at Denver Hub, their turnover is higher than UPS PTers. I wouldn't be surprised them stealing a lot of items that employee leave by accident.

ImpactedTSG

I gotta tell ya-when I get to my car, looking at the catalytic converter might be last on my mind. Did you see or hear something that made you look at it?
Obviously you do not know anything about cars? If the exhaust was cut under the car it would sound really loud. Kinda like the imports with fart cans, but worse if that is possible.