Enhanced WAD (EWAD)

dezguy

I don't know about there but up here, that wouldn't hold up. From day one, we're taught pups are more important than dels. You get your pups done before you start helping anyone else.

bbsam

Staff member
That doesn't make any sense. By definition you cannot WAD and miss pickups. Pickups always take priority.

dezguy

That doesn't make any sense. By definition you cannot WAD and miss pickups. Pickups always take priority.

That's why I say it wouldn't hold up here if someone were to try and do this. Perhaps it is different in the States, as I've seen plenty of differences between Express Canada and Express.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

No, Grasshopper. Remember, when you WAD, you must imagine that you are as stupid as a Ground driver and cannot think for yourself. Please remember that the first directive was to "Help 132", to which I dutifully complied in my hypothetical scenario. While it is ordinarily true that pickups are more important that deliveries, I am incapable of that level of decision-making as a mere courier. A much higher level of intelligence (my manager), has directed me to do otherwise..."Help 132". Until I am directed to do otherwise, I continue to help 132. It isn't within my capabilities to think for myself, and it is now management's responsibility to cover my pickup area since they had to know in their ultimate wisdom that I would be incapable of doing my pickups given my own deliveries and those from 132. I will stop delivering as-directed, and then proceed with pickups. In other words, when management tells me that I need to do something differently.

bbsam

Staff member
The first directive is always make the pickup. Any courier who's been around for two weeks knows that. If you had thought through your little EWADream, you'd have caught that. Then again, maybe not.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The first directive is always make the pickup. Any courier who's been around for two weeks knows that. If you had thought through your little EWADream, you'd have caught that. Then again, maybe not.

No, your first directive is to follow orders. If I were to stop delivering the stops I took from 132, I could face potential discipline, which is always arbitrary and capricious at FedEx. How dare I make a good decision? All decisions come from management, and if I dare to make one on my own (especially a prudent one), I am open to being disciplined for doing so. Stupid? Of course, it is, but stupid is the new normal at Express. Better to let them make all your decisions for you. Then, you're always off-the-hook. It really is that screwed-up here.

CJinx

Sure, nazi criminals and sadists are a far stretch for comparison, but likewise I don't think you're going to be court martialed or thrown in prison for acting like an incompetent delivery courier. The point being made is that you know damn well what you're doing is wrong and you think that "oh, so and so told me to do that" is going to save you from disciplinary action.

bbsam

Staff member
No, your first directive is to follow orders. If I were to stop delivering the stops I took from 132, I could face potential discipline, which is always arbitrary and capricious at FedEx. How dare I make a good decision? All decisions come from management, and if I dare to make one on my own (especially a prudent one), I am open to being disciplined for doing so. Stupid? Of course, it is, but stupid is the new normal at Express. Better to let them make all your decisions for you. Then, you're always off-the-hook. It really is that screwed-up here.
I highly doubt that you have the 'nads to try and pull off that kind of idiocy but I don't doubt there are idiots with the 'nads to try it. Oh well. They can always say, "MFE said I couldn't get in trouble!"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sure, nazi criminals and sadists are a far stretch for comparison, but likewise I don't think you're going to be court martialed or thrown in prison for acting like an incompetent delivery courier. The point being made is that you know damn well what you're doing is wrong and you think that "oh, so and so told me to do that" is going to save you from disciplinary action.

You will eventually learn that taking action on your own is discouraged at FedEx. It is best to follow the example of our utterly incompetent "leadership", and do exactly what they tell you to do. Being "helpless", and incapable of decision-making is what is expected of us these days. We are units of production, and we aren't paid to think, we are paid to take orders. That is the nature of FedEx. We are The Borg, and of a unitized mind that acts as one in theory. In practice, the problem is that the Borg here runs like an old washing machine that is desperately in need of repair, not an efficient, ruthless machine.

CJinx

If you say so. It seems like common sense to me that if my boss were to order me to do something, that my day to day responsibilities just fall to the wayside because I have been tasked with additional responsibilities.

Points for the Star Trek reference even if I disagree with you. You will be assimilated.

CJinx

If you say so. It seems like common sense to me that if my boss were to order me to do something, that my day to day responsibilities don't just fall to the wayside because I have been tasked with additional responsibilities.

Points for the Star Trek reference even if I disagree with you. You will be assimilated.
Apparently I missed a word above and the forums won't let me edit or delete. :\

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you say so. It seems like common sense to me that if my boss were to order me to do something, that my day to day responsibilities just fall to the wayside because I have been tasked with additional responsibilities.

Assimilated...never.

hypo hanna

Same here.
No need to go out of your way, working as directed would cause plenty of failures on its own. Management has cut the workforce down so much we can't make service as it is. Just do the minimum.

fedupforsure

I do not understand someone trying to knowingly sabatoge fedex. yes it is being run by morons but that does not mean we have to be morons.You had best look a little further down the road and think about things like pensions.I will never leave a fellow courier in a lurch if I can help it and I will not screw the company. Do I complain about the many wrongs within the company YESSSSSS, but I have a mgr who has never stabbed me in the back and I wont :censored2: on him either. different work ethic I guess

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I do not understand someone trying to knowingly sabatoge fedex. yes it is being run by morons but that does not mean we have to be morons.You had best look a little further down the road and think about things like pensions.I will never leave a fellow courier in a lurch if I can help it and I will not screw the company. Do I complain about the many wrongs within the company YESSSSSS, but I have a mgr who has never stabbed me in the back and I wont :censored2: on him either. different work ethic I guess

What pension is that? Your FedEx Traditional Pension is more than fully funded, and your PPA non-pension is also funded. Please remember that the BS excuse Fred used for stealing your pension in 2004 was that it needed to be fully funded under ERISA laws. FedEx has very low pension costs that are proportionately peanuts compared to a company with a real pension plan...like UPS.

I advocate "sabotaging" FedEx because they have been actively sabotaging us for years. Think about it. I'm no maroon, just an individual who has had his fill of the lies.