Enough is enough

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I'm sorry you're not happy with still not paying for insurance premiums out of your pocket. I'm sorry you're not happy with the new 9.5 language that is better than last contract. I'm sorry you are getting raises last contract and this contract, every year.
Maybe the OP is a part timer?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Part timers are going full time with 6 months seniority where I'm at. If they don't like it they have a shot at the American dream that you nor I had and very quickly I might add.
You must be in Upstate NY?
In my building it's taking them about a decade, then a four year progression for their shot at "the dream" that I categorize as a reoccurring nightmare.

Ron Carey lives on

You want to vote for Hall thats your right. In my 20 years, when you are running with a big fat concessionary contract hanging over your head, you are going to have real opposition. Im old enough to remember seeing Sylvester, Hall, and Carey fighting for a real contract. Why Ups got the best of Hall later, well you can connect the dots

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Im not on here to force opinions on anybody. I've been in panels and JAC s with all kinds of teamsters. As a Ups teamster I have to think about what kind of of contracts I want in the future. Hall has some real damage control to do. If he does win, hopefully he will remember how a tough little marine named Ron Carey handled ups, not how a corporate lawyer handled them

Sent using BrownCafe App

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In my building it's taking them about a decade, then a four year progression for their shot at "the dream" that I categorize as a reoccurring nightmare.
We can't fill driver positions fast enough in Roswell. They are struggling to keep people on preload, not because they are quiting, because they can't hire PTers fast enough to replace the ones going driving.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We can't fill driver positions fast enough in Roswell. They are struggling to keep people on preload, not because they are quiting, because they can't hire PTers fast enough to replace the ones going driving.

For x Mas this yr. We have cover drivers who need to qualify. UPS has made it almost impossible to do so. They ride 3 days with on car. Then get 2 weeks of delivery at no more than 6 hrs work. Then ride with center manager. If they can make it past them. Then they have the division manager to ride along. So far 1 out of 10 has made it. Plus all
the dok BS. We are so screwed for peak

For x Mas this yr. We have cover drivers who need to qualify. UPS has made it almost impossible to do so. They ride 3 days with on car. Then get 2 weeks of delivery at no more than 6 hrs work. Then ride with center manager. If they can make it past them. Then they have the division manager to ride along. So far 1 out of 10 has made it. Plus all
the dok BS. We are so screwed for peak
And the ones that qualify,end of quitting.
Never seen anything like this. my sups are going nutz!

Big Bad Wolf

Im not on here to force opinions on anybody. I've been in panels and JAC s with all kinds of teamsters. As a Ups teamster I have to think about what kind of of contracts I want in the future. Hall has some real damage control to do. If he does win, hopefully he will remember how a tough little marine named Ron Carey handled ups, not how a corporate lawyer handled them

Sent using BrownCafe App
Did Carey use the tactics our forefathers used in the 50's? Like locking gates, business sabotage, Molotov cocktails? Nope. In today's world of commerce, it is absolutely imperative to that we "strategize" our position into a structured vehicle of power. The OP forgot that WE are TEAMSTERS first. Rally around who WE voted for. Your assumptions of Hall running the show are absolutely close minded. If you want to compare Hoffa, Hall and Carey, Hall knocks it out of the park in every way. In my years at UPS, I have had (albeit short) conversations with each of those 3. The only one I was truly impressed with was Hall. He was absolutely brilliant, helpful and informative. He know both presidents very well. I'm sure he has a lot more to offer than a local President or 2. As for the contract, my wife is gonna be pissed when I break 100K. This is my last year here. I could have retired already. Hell, I may do 4 more.

Where are you pigs now?

Big Bad Wolf

Is that the proper chain of command? If you need a stop sign on your street do you call Obama? And it's you right to think that. But would you rather the unqualified take his place? Uh, scratch that, it's proven you would.

Where are you pigs now?

Dragon

Package Center Manager

Why would you stick around for a decade for a full time job?

Oh I know, because you have no plans in life and want it handed to you....

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Let's see, maybe if we form a timeline it will make sense to you.
Say a guy starts part time at UPS with aspirations of earning an opportunity to drive full time in 2004, when it was taking roughly 4-6 years.
Four years later, it's 2008 and the stock market crashes, unemployment number reach near record highs and every big company starts circling the wagons and contracting their work force, UPS included.
Since then, things have only improved slightly and legitimate opportunities for blue collar workers are scarce.
These people have significant time invested to just walk away and loose their benefits, vacations and seniority.
Nobody who sticks it out as a part time employee at UPS to realize a full time job has anything "handed to them", unless of course they are promoted into management.
I usually find something to respect when you post, but this time, you just sound like a dick.

Last edited:

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Same can be said of management...how many under 100 IQ, failed frat boys do we need running the place? and worse sticking around? The majority of these people are less intelligent than the help. Broadbrushin'!

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Let's see, maybe if we form a timeline it will make sense to you.
Say a guy starts part time at UPS with aspirations of earning an opportunity to drive full time in 2004, when it was taking roughly 4-6 years.
Four years later, it's 2008 and the stock market crashes, unemployment number reach near record highs and every big company starts circling the wagons and contracting their work force, UPS included.
Since then, things have only improved slightly and legitimate opportunities for blue collar workers are scarce.
These people have significant time invested to just walk away and loose their benefits, vacations and seniority.
Nobody who sticks it out as a part time employee at UPS to realize a full time job has anything "handed to them", unless of course they are promoted into management.
I usually find something to respect when you post, but this time, you just sound like a dick.

Sorry you think I am a dick..must be cause your in the union.

Anyway..a plan to work at a company for 4 years as PT for an opportunity to go full time is a bad plan, period.
If you had nothing else in your life and you got lucky to get the job then I could see it.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Same can be said of management...how many under 100 IQ, failed frat boys do we need running the place? and worse sticking around? The majority of these people are less intelligent than the help. Broadbrushin'!

Another management hater...the mentality of "oh I can do it better" keep driving the truck its right at your skill level.