EXTRA 5MINUTE BREAK

I have mixed feelings on smoke breaks: while management looked the other way when these people choose to take one, if I was working near them, I was expected to pick up the slack. OTOH, I'm not sure if I WANT to work next to a smoker who's went 8-10 hours with just a single smoke break...

But then again, I work next to Fat Albert currently, and he B.S.'s the entire break then after it's over, chooses to take a dump. And I have to pick up the slack there as well, because God forbid management say something -- it might be racially insensitive. (Fun fact: if you ever use the bathroom after him, you'll notice he does not flush the toilet... or use toilet paper.)
That's a nasty ass dude. He probably doesn't wash his hands either.

wayfair

swollen member
Why, is it bad for you?? Please tell me all about it, I'm so interested in your opinion regarding aspects of my life that have no effect on yours....

and these are the ones that get deliveries, that I have to open up both driver and pas doors to air out my clothes from their stench... you stink, there is no amount of perfume or scentsy to rid of your smell

one delivery I had today... could smell the stench 30 ft from the door... guess what they got??? an air purifier.... smh

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
A few years back, the first time we started up around midnight for peak...I remember us getting 3 different ten minute breaks. But this past peak we were pulling 11-12 on preload and only got one, but with 10-20 minutes sometimes between trailers, that's a break in itself

All we got was our standard 8-9 minute break, even on the days in which we worked 10 hours (with many of us, myself included, putting in more than 12). We have such a problem with employees getting into their work area after break's called off that they now call break over after about 8-9 minutes, with the expectation that many of us will use the restroom, drinking fountain, etc. afterward and take our time walking back. Only people like myself who timed break are aware of this, but it's hard to argue with.

Somebody (labor?) actually provided funding during the last 2.5 weeks of peak to purchase us breakfast, but it was limited funding with the expectation management would cook it (e.g. $100 for eggs & toast for 400 people), so that didn't happen.

PT Car Washer

The sort calls break over in 1 minute at the 9 minute mark. 2 minute warning for the smokers outside. Smokers used to have to go out to the street to smoke as there was no smoking on property at one time.

J

jibbs

and these are the ones that get deliveries, that I have to open up both driver and pas doors to air out my clothes from their stench... you stink, there is no amount of perfume or scentsy to rid of your smell

one delivery I had today... could smell the stench 30 ft from the door... guess what they got??? an air purifier.... smh

Hey now, some of us are sensible and still step out into this polar vortex to earn our cancer.

I smoke and can't stand secondhand smoke. I know that feeling. 9 times out of 10 I'll also go out of my way to not inconvenience a non-smoker with my habit, but in my house, though? :censored2: anybody who thinks they've got the right to judge or criticize the inner workings of my home, whether smoke-free or smoke-filled.

Which "smoke free" building is that? You mean the one that gets filled with diesel exhaust from 300 pc's starting up to leave every morning??? I'm not advocating smoking, not at all. But I didn't realize diesel fumes contain vitamins for our lungs.

PS....stop "liking" your own posts....lol
Diesel exhaust has plenty of vitamin C2O

J

jibbs

As is mine. Only difference is my opinion doesn't impede on yours until you happen to vocalize how you feel.

Smokers tend to be live-and-let-live, whereas non-smokers tend to be omfg-get-away-get-awayyyyyyyyyyyy. If a person wants to bring that mentality around where I lay my head at night then it's no longer live-and-let-live, it's us against them.

J

jibbs

Once an addict, always an addict. The substance may change but the mentality remains constant.