EXTRA 5MINUTE BREAK

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Unless you're a 22.3 or a driver, you don't receive contractual breaks. If you're PT and have a break period, your break is mandated by state law.

I've worked 13 hour days in the hub without a break; granted, you can typically work things out by telling the supervisor you're double shifting for that you're leaving to get food and you'll be back 15-20 minutes after start time but it's not guaranteed.

States in the south simply do not give a :censored2: about workers.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Unless you're a 22.3 or a driver, you don't receive contractual breaks. If you're PT and have a break period, your break is mandated by state law.

I've worked 13 hour days in the hub without a break; granted, you can typically work things out by telling the supervisor you're double shifting for that you're leaving to get food and you'll be back 15-20 minutes after start time but it's not guaranteed.

States in the south simply do not give a :censored2: about workers.
You are mistaken. My state has no mandatory break periods other than lunch periods for certain occupations. Our supplement gives part timers a 10 minute break.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app

RealPerson

You are mistaken. My state has no mandatory break periods other than lunch periods for certain occupations. Our supplement gives part timers a 10 minute break.

Sent from Droid 4 using Brown Cafe mobile app
Yep Yep.
It also says they have to wait One hour before they can make you take the 10 minute break.

Nothing gives you that blast of nicotine like smoking does. Passes from your lungs right into your bloodstream and to the brain. Nicotine gum or patch just slowly feed the addiction so you can reduce your dependency and hopefully quit all together.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Nothing gives you that blast of nicotine like smoking does. Passes from your lungs right into your bloodstream and to the brain. Nicotine gum or patch just slowly feed the addiction so you can reduce your dependency and hopefully quit all together.
true....but there's also the psychological addiction of smoking....

Your brain becomes hard wired expecting that fix 20 or more times a day for years and decades. Very hard to just stop. Has to be something you want to do more then anything else. Have a lady at work diagnosed with lung cancer. Beat the cancer and continues to smoke.

wayfair

swollen member
Smokers tend to be live-and-let-live, whereas non-smokers tend to be omfg-get-away-get-awayyyyyyyyyyyy.

because smokers stink, :censored2: with people's asthma, colds, flu, etc... oh yea, sorry, I just did laundry so I wouldn't have the friggin smoke in my clothes...

my opinion only impedes when you allow it

Last edited by a moderator:
J

jibbs

So don't go to homes where smokers live?

I don't see why it bothers you that people smoke in their home. It seems like the problem lies with you seeking out smoke-filled residences, not with the residences being smoke-filled.

J

jibbs

I'll never understand why people smoke. Bunch of followers who are killing themselves slowly.

Why? Because there are psychoactive effects of inhaling a burning cigarette that some people enjoy. Short-term pleasure vs. long-term consequences-- it all depends on which direction the scale tips for you.

wayfair

swollen member

I don't see why it bothers you that people smoke in their home. It seems like the problem lies with you seeking out smoke-filled residences, not with the residences being smoke-filled.

you are wrong again... I don't seek out smoke filled residences... I deliver packages... Occasionally, the homes or businesses are smoke filled...
who do you work for again???

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!

Years ago I lived in an apartment, and the persons who moved next door where chain smokers -- four people who apparently never left their apartment constantly smoking; I often saw the woman with two cigarettes in her mouth at once, and at least one of the gentleman preferred cigars. My apartment reeked of cigarette smoke and the stench carried onto my clothing and other personal articles. I had just re-upped my lease to lock in the rate... I ended up having to sub-lease it via Craigslist, and give the sub-leaser $3000 to subsidize the remaining rent/fees. Easily one of the more expensive lessons of my life.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I quit smoking a couple of years ago and now I can't stand cigarette smoke. Not because it smells bad (it does) but because it triggers latent cravings. I know if I have one, I'll want a pack and back to smoking I go.

J

jibbs

Years ago I lived in an apartment, and the persons who moved next door where chain smokers -- four people who apparently never left their apartment constantly smoking; I often saw the woman with two cigarettes in her mouth at once, and at least one of the gentleman preferred cigars. My apartment reeked of cigarette smoke and the stench carried onto my clothing and other personal articles. I had just re-upped my lease to lock in the rate... I ended up having to sub-lease it via Craigslist, and give the sub-leaser $3000 to subsidize the remaining rent/fees. Easily one of the more expensive lessons of my life.

See, now that's something I can't defend in the slightest. It's the kind of thing easy for me to overlook as I don't smoke indoors. I suppose the rationale has a few flaws but the best of intentions.

you are wrong again... I don't seek out smoke filled residences... I deliver packages... Occasionally, the homes or businesses are smoke filled...
who do you work for again???

Actually, that is seeking out a residence full of smokers. Just because it's your job doesn't change the fact that you do it. You could choose not to, just as you all seem to relish in the fact that I choose to smoke. I understand why you continue to bear such a heavy burden, though, and my understanding is that this burden in particular is more of an itch you can't scratch than it is the world on your back.

I'm not sure what my employment status has to do with this, or who I work for. Respectfully, though, you know damn well that I'm going to say I work for UPS. Whether you believe it is a different matter altogether.

Last edited by a moderator: