Failed business model.

StuffItFred

I think a lot of customers mistakenly check the FO box on the "new and improved" airbill. Most customers I had when i was doing FO genuinely wanted the earlier service. I think the new bill has fooled quite a few customers into paying for FO they didn't want.

Oh yes, but they supposedly took a survey of customers on the new airbill before they switched the PO service with FO service. All just a scam to get more money out of the customer hoping they won't even call and question. Which I am sure most do not bother calling. I was speaking with one of my regulars the other day about the new airbill and she didn't even know she was selecting FO service. She said she just thought we went up on our rates!
Freddy and the gang wonders why we lose customers when they feel tricked into something they didn't want, need or even know about. How hard would it have been to send out a letter to the regular customers that still use the airbill informing them of the changes? No, instead lets switch the service around and pound it up the customers ass and hope they don't even flinch!

whenIgetthere

I think a lot of customers mistakenly check the FO box on the "new and improved" airbill. Most customers I had when i was doing FO genuinely wanted the earlier service. I think the new bill has fooled quite a few customers into paying for FO they didn't want.

In a station meeting with our DM, he mentioned the profit on FO going up and up. One of my fellow couriers asked if this is from the new AB, and he claimed it wasn't, and that the new AB has been around long enough for people to get used to it. BS! It's only been around longer enough that those who have been duped into checking this box won't check it again. For those that only use express sparingly will still be duped if they don't put their reading glasses on and double check the fine print on the AB service box.

STFXG

My honest opinion to all this, is, Fred S is collecting as much cash as he can before retiring from FedEx Corp.

He holds almost 20 million shares of stock in the company... Why would he need to pull cash before he retires? He also has to get approval from the board of directors for his compensation. He can't just dip in to the petty cash fund and take what he wants...

packageguy

Just like all CEO, They are money hungray, they don't care. They are in business to make money. There not your friend, they say treat each other as family, then he does this to you guys. If it looks like ******, smells like smile* Guess what? You know the rest .

Joe Nuno

He holds almost 20 million shares of stock in the company... Why would he need to pull cash before he retires? He also has to get approval from the board of directors for his compensation. He can't just dip in to the petty cash fund and take what he wants...
Really, you really think he needs an approval ?

vantexan

Really, you really think he needs an approval ?

In a publicly traded company monitored by the SEC he does. However is salary and other perks are well over a million dollars a year last I heard. And he reaps millions in dividends every quarter. He probably has access to millions of his own money in the bank anyways. So why would he need to treat FedEx like his personal piggy bank?

Joe Nuno

In a publicly traded company monitored by the SEC he does. However is salary and other perks are well over a million dollars a year last I heard. And he reaps millions in dividends every quarter. He probably has access to millions of his own money in the bank anyways. So why would he need to treat FedEx like his personal piggy bank?
Old man Fred is starting to slip, think about it, out with the old Don, in with the new sophisticated and aggressive Don's of the modern age.
The new generation of management are soon to take over, and still give Fred S his Royalties for life, the new generation of FedEx will be FedEx Ground as the American domestic courier, the original FedEx Express will be the pilots.
The new generation of FedEx management want to eliminate old employees, and hired young blood from the neck down.
Believe me, it's happening here at FedEx Freight, just look at the drivers are getting younger for freight.

texan

Where do you get those cool avatars?????
Why don't all fine FDX'ers change your avatar to something unique?

You can Google or Yahoo for avatars and save some to a created folder on your desktop.
It can only be so large though.

Or you can use the many provided by the outstanding site owner.

Go to settings at the top of the screen.

Scroll down to my My settings and click on edit avatar.

You have two choices.

Use custom (the ones you might have downloaded to a folder)
Option two and search for the folder with your own avatar

Or go down further and select the many the site owner provides.

Click on Save changes at the bottom.