Fast And Furious Takes An Interesting Turn

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, Mar 27, 2012.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Drug lords targeted by Fast and Furious were FBI informants

Now will the bleating partiarches be able to see beyond and begin to follow to the conclusions?

2. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

3. moreluck

4. moreluck

5. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

I thought the President could only use Executive Privilege if he himself were involved?

6. moreluck

From what I understand....IF Holder showed the pres. some papers or talked to the prez. about some papers then Obama could use E.P. to secrete that conversation and those papers.

The problem is, way back when , Holder said he didn't go to the white house with any of this....and the pres. also said he knew nothing about this operation back in 2011. Somebody's lying and why???

7. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

Contempt goes nowhere and will make congress look even more petty.

8. moreluck

It actually makes Holder & Obama look like partners in crime.
    Makes Holder the reason so much money was spent on all this....stonewalling is costly. It all shadows and casts doubt on the re-run for Obama.

9. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Holder lied to Congress.
    Has stonewalled Congress at every meeting.
    And at the last minute tries to claim E.P..
    Nothing to see here folks.....keeps being dumb sheep.....We have an election to run and we'll straighten this all up after the election.

10. bbsam

It's a time-honored tradition.

11. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Nixon and who else?

12. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

psss... Nixon died.

13. bbsam

Clinton, both Bush41 and son, Washington. Courts have never made the ultimate ruling.

14. Brownfrown

Brownfrown New Member

Somebody very close to the top of this administration is guilty as chit. Fast & Furious was NOTHING more than an attempt to fabricate a border gun smuggling crisis in order to give "grounds" for said administration to have carte blanche with their gun control agenda. Problem is, they can't run a scandal any better than they can the economy or foreign policy matters and now a (possibly two) border patrol agents' blood are on their hands. Executive privilege, as invoked yesterday, is nothing more than a maneuver for buying the time between now and November.

15. Monkey Butt

Oh yeah ... we don't want to learn from history.

Where can I go to sign that petition? :bag:

16. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

So what happened to "Change"? At least you're admitting he's just another dirty politician.

17. Monkey Butt

That does have a plausible sound to it ... I am a bit skeptical though.

18. moreluck

19. roadrunner2012

roadrunner2012 Four hours in the mod queue for a news link Troll

Wait, is this all about Obama's plan to revoke the Second Amendment by doing a 'Rope-a dope'?

FWIW, The hair brained idea was cooked up by the Arizona office way back when that 'other guy' was president. We all know you can't spell 'Crazy' without 'AZ'. Not one of the people who cooked up this idea has been asked to testify. Issa is requesting documents that were produced well after the operation was ended.

I found this tidbit, and rather than paraphrase, I'll just quote it:

Issa’s uncovered no evidence showing Holder bears any blame for the botched operations begun under George W. Bush, even though the Justice Department turned over thousands of pages of documents concerning the operations. Instead of accepting this fact, Issa has requested many more documents containing confidential information regarding ongoing law enforcement investigations, and is now threatening to hold Holder in contempt if these documents are not turned over. Holder is entirely correct to withhold these documents, however, because Justice Department documents are not subject to congressional subpoena if they would reveal “strategies and procedures that could be used by individuals seeking to evade [DOJ's] law enforcement efforts.”

Reagan’s Justice Department Agreed With Holder: President Reagan’s Justice Department warned in the 1980s that the Constitution’s separation of powers prevents the kind of documents Issa is seeking from being revealed to Congress because of the risk that the legislature could “exert pressure or attempt to influence the prosecution of criminal cases.”

How about the Congress has a vote on something that would help the country, instead of this crap? I believe there are a number of bills that the Speaker won't bring to the floor.