Fastest way to become ups feeder driver

542thruNthru

Here in the northeast, A Pt hourly with their CDL can drive in feeders during free periods in Summer and Fall, complete their 30 day probation and be eligible for a bid without having to complete another 30 (article 57 New England supplement), and a lot of 6:1 opportunities go to those employees.

To me it all depends on where you live. First thing would be to get your CDL. UPS could be hiring feeder drivers off the street near you but with no experience... It’d be difficult for you to get the Job. With your CDL, work towards a package driver job. Then when you go full time, reach out to feeders about opportunities. They’ll pull you out since you have the license already. Research your local as well. Your local could offer CDL training. You could also use the tuition reimbursement that ups offers to PT hourlies to go to a tractor trailer school. I have a 24 year old feeder driver that did this. He used the tuition reimbursement to pay the school, he contacted me, during Christmas I trained him and now he has a FT feeder bid less than a year after starting with UPS.
sketch-1596838145668.jpg

clean hairy

The only thing getting your cdl will do is give you experience before showing up and cost you roughly $5000. Why do that when ups will teach you AND PAY FOR YOUR CDL? Like @Cementups said its not that difficult.

Step 1 apply
Step 2 get 30 days
Step 3 put name on feeder list
Step 4 start training
Step 5 come back and say wow you were right.
If he knew Dave, he could ask to have him write a letter to Corporate.
With Dave as the main contact, the center managers would get into fist fights to land this person who Dave gave glowing reviews to!

specter208

Consider relocating. If not, just Put your name on the list for any available full time positions such as 22.2,22.3 combo or 22.4 FT Combo Driver. Get 1 year safe driving and then put your name on the feeder list.