FedEx future plans

zeev

FedEx sent out a memo saying they were going to build a new facility at our airport. A fellow worker has an office at the airport and contact with the headquarters of the airport, he even wrote a book on the history of the airport. He told me there are no plans at all. Last week near one of my stops there is a massive construction site 3 miles from the airport I was told it is a FedEx Ground facility. I expect once the virus subsides that the switch from Express to Ground will be swift.

Spam

FedEx sent out a memo saying they were going to build a new facility at our airport. A fellow worker has an office at the airport and contact with the headquarters of the airport, he even wrote a book on the history of the airport. He told me there are no plans at all. Last week near one of my stops there is a massive construction site 3 miles from the airport I was told it is a FedEx Ground facility. I expect once the virus subsides that the switch from Express to Ground will be swift.
Yawn!

bacha29

All you can do is to wait and see what happens. Might be a cohabitated facility with express and one side ground on the other. Chances are it will be a leased facility. If you really wanted to dig into it you could go to your county or municipality and look up who filed for the building permit.

falcon back

All you can do is to wait and see what happens. Might be a cohabitated facility with express and one side ground on the other. Chances are it will be a leased facility. If you really wanted to dig into it you could go to your county or municipality and look up who filed for the building permit.
Express stations are usually leased so who owns it won't tell you much

AB831

Fat Freddy won't let a virus impede his will.

bacha29

The biggest threat to the industry is the prospect of becoming over built Too much capacity, not enough boxes for an industry that is heavily dependent on discretionary income. Remember, the hospitality industry became too overbuilt . Then COVID comes along and bang, over built overserved and now has to right size.

Cheesypurpletees

Last Mile Optimization. Ground takes p2 resi & even some international economy. Express focuses on B2B and overnight. Unless you were being sarcastic.
Ground takes “Some” p2 resi I’m guessing you’re implying. Taking all p2 express would and should throw the RLA out the window

Spam

The biggest threat to the industry is the prospect of becoming over built Too much capacity, not enough boxes for an industry that is heavily dependent on discretionary income. Remember, the hospitality industry became too overbuilt . Then COVID comes along and bang, over built overserved and now has to right size.
Please, Go Away

Serf

That was the big plan to restore faith in the shareholders and turn profit. Let’s see if it works...

Cheesypurpletees

That was the big plan to restore faith in the shareholders and turn profit. Let’s see if it works...
The plan of shifting non pharmacy, non lithium battery, non signature, and essentially regional p2 express to ground. Aka lmo. I remember the shares ticking after this announcement. Again, I think it’s already operational and with a lot of that 4z volume being shifted back to express; I’d say it’s not working so well