FedEx Understands, and Knows U

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Maybe he should teach a course in map reading. Many Ground drivers get lost in their own backyards.

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Those are silly examples of boss over-involvement STFXGHJKL, and you know it. I'll point out the elephant in the room. Boss involvement equates to livable wages, benefits, and perhaps a 401k. This is the crux of the problem with Ground, not micro managing delivery numbers and other situations.

bbsam

Staff member
Those are silly examples of boss over-involvement STFXGHJKL, and you know it. I'll point out the elephant in the room. Boss involvement equates to livable wages, benefits, and perhaps a 401k. This is the crux of the problem with Ground, not micro managing delivery numbers and other situations.
Then I think you simply don't know the traditional meaning of "hands on". But you are free to make things up as you go. Might even post it on Wikipaedia.

STFXG

Once again, please quote the living wage for your area. Thank you.

MAKAVELI

Once again, please quote the living wage for your area. Thank you.
Unless you live in Tennessee like sniper, ground doesn't pay a livable wage. Livable wages also includes benefits. You do know what those are, don't you?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you really believe your own BS?

Now tells us about the huge compensation package and retirement your drivers get. :funny:

$12 per hr and all the air you can breathe. Fred will donate a used refrigerator box for a Ground driver retirement villa. It can go anywhere...portable and so very nice. Can you say posh?

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

A living wage in my area? I would estimate it to be around $35,000 for a single person with no dependents. That includes a modest home, a car, food, utilities, etc. All the trappings of a modest, livable American life. I could drag healthcare into this, but it is such a politically and socially charged issue that I'll leave it alone. But healthcare IS A NECESSARY PART of a "living wage". Ground jobs here are all salaried at $30,000... some contractors pay as low as $28,000. Others pay per stop but it always adds up to no more than 31,000 dollars. Those are within my living wage calculations ......... for a single person with no dependents.

Which is not very many people. Most people have either 1) a family 2) child support or other familial obligations
The living wage for a family of 4, for example, I would estimate to be atleast $45,000 per year, if not a bit higher. Ground in no way covers anything remotely needed for a single person, or a family especially.

Contractors exploit stupid people who are too ignorant to know they're getting exploited. They justify it by comparing it to the local market, or calling blaming it on "the system". Fred built the system, but contractors utilize it. I've met a few decent HD contractors who paid their drivers a LIVABLE wage and gave them some crappy benefits, but they are not the norm.

Ground is a terrible job for a college student, which one would think is the optimal employee. In my area, a student can make more doing a crappy hourly job like working at home depot, and get some benefits as well. It may only be 10 bucks an hour, but its a consistent schedule and provides a few perks, as crappy as they may be. I was a Ground driver, an express courier, and now I am a manager, and I wholeheartedly believe that most contractors are crooks. I have tremendous respect for contractors who own and operate a single route. That is the only smart business model I've seen associated with Ground.

bbsam

Staff member
Do you really believe your own BS?

Now tells us about the huge compensation package and retirement your drivers get. :funny:

You can believe what you want. And no driver in Ground makes alot of money, but I don't have alot of turnover either. Add it up your own way.

STFXG

A living wage in my area? I would estimate it to be around $35,000 for a single person with no dependents. That includes a modest home, a car, food, utilities, etc. All the trappings of a modest, livable American life. I could drag healthcare into this, but it is such a politically and socially charged issue that I'll leave it alone. But healthcare IS A NECESSARY PART of a "living wage". Ground jobs here are all salaried at $30,000... some contractors pay as low as $28,000. Others pay per stop but it always adds up to no more than 31,000 dollars. Those are within my living wage calculations ......... for a single person with no dependents.

Which is not very many people. Most people have either 1) a family 2) child support or other familial obligations
The living wage for a family of 4, for example, I would estimate to be atleast $45,000 per year, if not a bit higher. Ground in no way covers anything remotely needed for a single person, or a family especially.

Contractors exploit stupid people who are too ignorant to know they're getting exploited. They justify it by comparing it to the local market, or calling blaming it on "the system". Fred built the system, but contractors utilize it. I've met a few decent HD contractors who paid their drivers a LIVABLE wage and gave them some crappy benefits, but they are not the norm.

Ground is a terrible job for a college student, which one would think is the optimal employee. In my area, a student can make more doing a crappy hourly job like working at home depot, and get some benefits as well. It may only be 10 bucks an hour, but its a consistent schedule and provides a few perks, as crappy as they may be. I was a Ground driver, an express courier, and now I am a manager, and I wholeheartedly believe that most contractors are crooks. I have tremendous respect for contractors who own and operate a single route. That is the only smart business model I've seen associated with Ground.

Thanks for posting what you THINK is the living wage for your area. Let me follow another personal opinion rant with facts...

http://livingwage.mit.edu/

GROUNDIsAHugeSCAM

Thanks for posting what you THINK is the living wage for your area. Let me follow another personal opinion rant with facts...

Wow, you're right. The living wages in my area are MUCH higher than what I assumed. You are more of a crook than I thought.
I gave a well thought out post about a question you posed, based on personal experience and insight. You copied and pasted a link from MIT. That must have been mind breaking. Congratulations on your extremely high level of intellect and your Mensa level IQ. Your level of intelligence must be why you have such a condescending attitude. Will you teach me how to copy and past a link, oh wise one? I'll go back to eating donuts at my relaxing job and you go back to exploiting your workers. I hope you enjoy riding the backs of your poor workers to earn a corporate dollar, because one day your house of cards propped up by Fred will come crashing down as soon he finds a way to outsource or cheapen contractors. I bet your furl-browed drivers will be wowed by your arrogance and sense of self righteousness along with you fancy pants pasting skills, but not me. You stink of FedEx. <--- That is the worst insult I could think of.

STFXG

Wow, you're right. The living wages in my area are MUCH higher than what I assumed. You are more of a crook than I thought.
I gave a well thought out post about a question you posed, based on personal experience and insight. You copied and pasted a link from MIT. That must have been mind breaking. Congratulations on your extremely high level of intellect and your Mensa level IQ. Your level of intelligence must be why you have such a condescending attitude. Will you teach me how to copy and past a link, oh wise one? I'll go back to eating donuts at my relaxing job and you go back to exploiting your workers. I hope you enjoy riding the backs of your poor workers to earn a corporate dollar, because one day your house of cards propped up by Fred will come crashing down as soon he finds a way to outsource or cheapen contractors. I bet your furl-browed drivers will be wowed by your arrogance and sense of self righteousness along with you fancy pants pasting skills, but not me. You stink of FedEx. <--- That is the worst insult I could think of.

First you need to learn how to click on a link before I can teach you how to copy and paste.

"MUCH" higher huh? If you live in Manhatten the living wage is $12.75 per hour for a single person ($26,520 per year).

For a family of 4 it is $22.32 per hour ($46,425.60 per year). I wouldn't consider that "MUCH higher" but a pretty accurate guess.

So even if you live in the most expensive city in the country you're still full of it. Maybe your next self-proclaimed well thought out post will be a little more accurate.

And stop being so sensitive.

MAKAVELI

First you need to learn how to click on a link before I can teach you how to copy and paste.

"MUCH" higher huh? If you live in Manhatten the living wage is $12.75 per hour for a single person ($26,520 per year).

For a family of 4 it is $22.32 per hour ($46,425.60 per year). I wouldn't consider that "MUCH higher" but a pretty accurate guess.

So even if you live in the most expensive city in the country you're still full of it. Maybe your next self-proclaimed well thought out post will be a little more accurate.

And stop being so sensitive.
If you believe those numbers, that ganja you're smoking must be medical grade.

CJinx

Problem is that livable wage is a highly debatable term. Some people think their income should at least get them an apartment(with or without roommates), others think they should be able to buy their own house.

MAKAVELI

Problem is that livable wage is a highly debatable term. Some people think their income should at least get them an apartment(with or without roommates), others think they should be able to buy their own house.
12.75 an hour doesn't get you an apartment in Manhattan.