Here’s what I’m thankful for today

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
You guys hit the samples on Sunday for brunch ??? That’s good eating if you know how to keep those old broads guessing and hand you multiple samples.
No but we do get a free lunch when we go grocery shopping.

Ask for samples at the deli.

Maybe steal a couple apples or grapes for dessert.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Well in comparison, missing the 5th day is only about $200 less for the week, half of what I'd make that 5th day. Past a threshold, Uncle Sam digs deeper. He takes most of the OT.
That's actually called "withholding" and controlled by you (through you W4 form) and not necessarily reflective of the annual taxes you ultimately owe.

It all comes out in the wash when you file your annual tax return.

The notion that "Uncle Sam takes it all" when earning premium pay for extra hours is a common misconception for those working these days, or a nonsensical excuse not to work.

I'll take all the money I can get and gladly pay the appropriate taxes on it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Same people who are never going to retire to make sure the ex has to wait as long as possible for some of that pension money.
Guy I worked with married a younger lady and was 40 when his son was born. Two years later they divorced…….he will be paying child support until he’s sixty freaking eight.
Poor bastid

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
That's actually called "withholding" and controlled by you (through you W4 form) and not necessarily reflective of the annual taxes you ultimately owe.

It all comes out in the wash when you file your annual tax return.

The notion that "Uncle Sam takes it all" when earning premium pay for extra hours is a common misconception for those working these days, or a nonsensical excuse not to work.

I'll take all the money I can get and gladly pay the appropriate taxes on it.
Money comes, money goes. Time is more valuable. I'd rather have as much time off from work as possible to actually live my life. I'd rather have experiences in life versus a big bank account.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Money comes, money goes. Time is more valuable. I'd rather have as much time off from work as possible to actually live my life. I'd rather have experiences in life versus a big bank account.
That's a whole different argument?

....so stop blaming it on "Uncle Sam" and thank your union for the opportunities you have instead.

FromOffTheStreets

....so stop blaming it on "Uncle Sam" and thank your union for the opportunities you have instead.
I would like to be able to thank my union for negotiating a better life for me & my family. Money & benefits isn't my #1 issue for a better life & I think a lot of others would agree.

I would like them to negotiate a regular ole 8 hour day for any who wants it. If $ is another's top interest, then they can have it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I would like to be able to thank my union for negotiating a better life for me & my family. Money & benefits isn't my #1 issue for a better life & I think a lot of others would agree.

I would like them to negotiate a regular ole 8 hour day for any who wants it. If $ is another's top interest, then they can have it.
The 86% that voted YES on the latest contract are on a different page than you apparently.

....so I wouldn't say "a lot".

FromOffTheStreets

So far, only management has offered a "how much of a paid day do you want" option. (Tsp) however their scam only worked for 4 or 5 months then disappeared.

FromOffTheStreets

The 86% that voted YES on the latest contract are on a different page than you apparently.

....so I wouldn't say "a lot".
I would say (in my building) confidently, 80% would take the 8 hour day option. We've had 3 almost 20 year drivers quit recently because they want to watch their kids activities.