Here’s what I’m thankful for today

Coldworld

60 months and counting
My sister went to school forever. Ph.D, professor, making comparable money as me. But she has student loans to pay. My house is paid off, she has a mortgage. I've got 3 newer cars, she's 1. Sure her schedule is more free than mine with time off. But I'm enjoying this life now with nothing owed than time served, at max 9.5 hrs making over $450 daily to deliver peoples Amazon orders. No years wasted at school, no debt from it, no taking my work home with me, reports, emails, conference calls, etc. Drop stuff off, make bank, live an above average life. Sweet AF.
She’s also probably isn’t getting her body beat to :censored2: everyday either. Been here over 30 years and have seen many of my coworkers not make it to retirement because of injuries or getting canned for something stupid. And those of us who live the good life in feeder still have to put up with crazy funky hours that totally take a major grind on your attitude and health. We all get paid well here but there is definitely a price to be paid for it and being able to do this job for 30+ years isn’t the norm, it’s the expectation. Sometimes making less and having a better life work balance is the way to go…JMO.

542thruNthru

I'm willing to bet I had a lower percentage of late airs and misses than you have.
I've only had one late air in my whole career and only time I've had missed is when I'd run out of hours.

Never had late air after my first one because I'd always put it on them.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
She’s also probably isn’t getting her body beat to :censored2: everyday either. Been here over 30 years and have seen many of my coworkers not make it to retirement because of injuries or getting canned for something stupid. And those of us who live the good life in feeder still have to put up with crazy funky hours that totally take a major grind on your attitude and health. We all get paid well here but there is definitely a price to be paid for it and being able to do this job for 30+ years isn’t the norm, it’s the expectation. Sometimes making less and having a better life work balance is the way to go…JMO.
I feel you. I started UPS in my forties, I'm not staying here 25 years. My body doesn't get beat up. At this stage of the game, I can only do what I can do at my pace, which isn't busting my butt all day. I work steadily, no shame in I won't make your goal, send a runner to take work off me. I also don't mind making less for less work. It comes in the form of lay off days. I gladly will not come in on a Monday or so, only working 4 days for only slightly less money, Uncle Sam takes most of the 5th day.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I feel you. I started UPS in my forties, I'm not staying here 25 years. My body doesn't get beat up. At this stage of the game, I can only do what I can do at my pace, which isn't busting my butt all day. I work steadily, no shame in I won't make your goal, send a runner to take work off me. I also don't mind making less for less work. It comes in the form of lay off days. I gladly will not come in on a Monday or so, only working 4 days for only slightly less money, Uncle Sam takes most of the 5th day.
How much does Uncle Sam take of the remaining four days?