Feeder tractors?

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
It a cheap power inverter and run it off the cb power posts...unless it doesn't have them. That's the setup I have for the old tractors and it works well, mine has 110 and USB ports built into it.

guyinthebrownbox

Quit smoking?

This was such a lame retort. Since you seem so observant to the world, you should know what he was talking about

Its actually easy to pinpoint what he was talking about. Because if he actually did smoke, a solution to that is really easy to overcome since most smokers carry a lighter.

But your response was neither helpful or witty since you missed the point. So what do you want to be this week? Arrogant or just lame?

guyinthebrownbox

Not really. It doesn't put out enough amps. If you turn your phone off it will charge. If you stream music or use gps it can't keep up

This. I don't use GPS often anymore but with music streaming I get about 10-15% per hour. Also, the IVIS has a USB port. But just like the radios, it doesn't have enough amps to charge it unless the phone is just idle. However, it's there is you really ever need it in a jam or something

I always thought it was so weird UPS spends so much money on these tractors and miss something like this. I know the bottom line is important but not being able to charge your phone is counter intuitive since Dispatch loves to call you on it

Maybe upstate can enlighten us on this matter. He is in fact knower of all things

guyinthebrownbox

Drove a 279xxx international today. It is in fact missing the outlets. Plugged phone into radio. Surprisingly charged fairly quickly.

It drives super nice. Real smooth. Only downside for me is the space. Just like 272s, it's a bit cramped. However, I'm tall at 6'2"

HualaB

I've been seeing a lot of new UPS Freight tractors being driven around by our feeder drivers. Does anyone know why? I've also been seeing new International feeder tractors. Has anyone driven one and what's the feedback?
1989 Cabover Mack Trucks, five speed manual transmissions and no radios. 1981 Peterbilts and 1979 Diamond Reo bare bones nothing interiors. We drove those trucks and got it done.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Does the IVIS recognize the phone as a storage device? If so be careful, it should have the option to format the drive if I remember correctly. It's been awhile since we I've had to login by USB but I thought that was an option when it was plugged in.

Pickles

Drove an International yesterday. Phone was almost dead when I started and the radio USB port charged it up quick while at the same time streaming my music. Leg room is scarce but it almost made me sit more proper which is probably a good thing. That fairing is terrible though.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Drove an International yesterday. Phone was almost dead when I started and the radio USB port charged it up quick while at the same time streaming my music. Leg room is scarce but it almost made me sit more proper which is probably a good thing. That fairing is terrible though.
What do you mean? Is the cab narrow like those dirty long nose kenworths