Female employees getting treated like royalty

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
At my warehouse the female employees don’t get sexually harassed, it’s more of them being praised and treated like royalty and getting away with stuff that the male employees would never get away with.

I’m glad they don’t get sexually harassed, but I’m getting increasingly irritated of the special treatment they receive. I work in pre-load and only three females work in pre-load, 2 of them work on my penn. Whenever we are short staffed, who gets the extra trucks to load? Not the girls. The male loaders get stuck loading 5 or 6 trucks each and the females get their normal 4 trucks. How is that fair? Also if our penn wraps up their trucks early, who gets to go home? The females. Who gets to go help other penns finish loading? The males. Every. Single. Time. Recently, what pushed me very close to the edge of a tantrum similar to that of a 1st grader, was this: I have been loading my normal 4 trucks for 16 of the 18 months that I have worked here. Last week, my supervisor approached me and told me I’m getting a new drop and when I asked why he told me “we’re just moving people around a bit”. Dehhh, thanks for the detailed answer? Lol I just grabbed my stuff and moved to where I was told; on break I went and asked the girl who took over my trucks why they moved us (we swapped spots with each other while no one else in our penn had to move or switch at all). She told me that there was too much bulk for her so she asked to switch. The following day at our weekly PCM she got recognized for her “excellent work ethic and always being on time blah blah blah”

UGH, it’s irritating me even thinking about it as I type. Why aren’t we all being treated as equals? Is this something I bring to managements attention or the Union? It’s honestly getting to the point that I am beginning to feel discriminated against because of my gender.

Advice or suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
tell them your trans

El Correcto

god is dead
At my warehouse the female employees don’t get sexually harassed, it’s more of them being praised and treated like royalty and getting away with stuff that the male employees would never get away with.

I’m glad they don’t get sexually harassed, but I’m getting increasingly irritated of the special treatment they receive. I work in pre-load and only three females work in pre-load, 2 of them work on my penn. Whenever we are short staffed, who gets the extra trucks to load? Not the girls. The male loaders get stuck loading 5 or 6 trucks each and the females get their normal 4 trucks. How is that fair? Also if our penn wraps up their trucks early, who gets to go home? The females. Who gets to go help other penns finish loading? The males. Every. Single. Time. Recently, what pushed me very close to the edge of a tantrum similar to that of a 1st grader, was this: I have been loading my normal 4 trucks for 16 of the 18 months that I have worked here. Last week, my supervisor approached me and told me I’m getting a new drop and when I asked why he told me “we’re just moving people around a bit”. Dehhh, thanks for the detailed answer? Lol I just grabbed my stuff and moved to where I was told; on break I went and asked the girl who took over my trucks why they moved us (we swapped spots with each other while no one else in our penn had to move or switch at all). She told me that there was too much bulk for her so she asked to switch. The following day at our weekly PCM she got recognized for her “excellent work ethic and always being on time blah blah blah”

UGH, it’s irritating me even thinking about it as I type. Why aren’t we all being treated as equals? Is this something I bring to managements attention or the Union? It’s honestly getting to the point that I am beginning to feel discriminated against because of my gender.

Be the change you want to see in the world. You go in there and start slapping some asses and tell those crazy broads how it’s gonna be for now on.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

name fits

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
ot of weak men out there that will fall all over themselves to do a woman’s work in exchange for a little flirting. It’s pathetic.

I’ve been married fifteen years, they can shove their flirting nonsense up their ass. You’ll get no special treatment from me.

My loader is a relatively cute, spunky and single brunette. I routinely blow smoke up her ass and am super nice to her, bring her an extra donut in the morning etc. so my loads continue to be immaculate. The two older guys on either side of my truck bitch and moan to her every day about load quality and their trucks are always blown out while mine looks like a librarian loaded it. I'll play the game if it means my day goes by that much smoother but the OP is right- the female workers seem to get preferential treatment from the supervisors.

Women in the workplace changes the dynamic of how things are done. This is an inevitability. Them entering the workplace cut our wages in half and added a 52 percent increase to the labor force. That was pretty much the end of us, outsourcing and illegal labor now finishing the job.

Superteeth2478

It's not our fault men fall for smiles and batting eye lashes. I personally never had special treatment. Never wanted it. But when I was a hourly long long long time ago, the female coworkers would smile their way into easy work. Was it annoying? No. I just minded my own business. I'm pretty sure if I batted my eye lashes and smiled at my supervisors, I would get special treatment too. But, it's not my thing to breeze through promotions. Females are very spiteful, manipulating and back stabber. It's sad this is coming from a female. Just mind your business. Do as instructed.
While I don't necessarily deny that you don't FEEL like you've received special treatment for being a female over your years at UPS, there is no doubt that you indeed have received special treatment for being a female at UPS. That's the nature of a lot of "positive" discrimination. It's similar to the just world fallacy. When things go your way you think it's because you deserved it, when that's not necessarily the case.

While I don't necessarily deny that you don't FEEL like you've received special treatment for being a female over your years at UPS, there is no doubt that you indeed have received special treatment for being a female at UPS. That's the nature of a lot of "positive" discrimination. It's similar to the just world fallacy. When things go your way you think it's because you deserved it, when that's not necessarily the case.
But she is the best ever...

MattM

Try working out on the tarmac. We have a few who only seem to tug drive. Everyone else gets moved away with more balance.

Suck at your job? They'll move ya. That's sort of the union way sadly.

Superteeth2478

But she is the best ever...
I'm sure that her username is at least a little tongue-in-cheek, but she also may feel that way because of the excessive validation she received being a female at UPS, a female in management nonetheless. It's not like the quotas for promoting females/minorities (and more importantly, female minorities) is a secret at UPS.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Back when I started in PC, There was a cute gal who covered my route for a week when I was on vacation. Monday, I had an RTS back to one of my pickup accounts. It was 126 lbs and about half the size of a king sized mattress. This was back when it was 50 lbs max and 108". I saw her the next day and asked her what was she thinking. She told me all my pickups loaded her PC for her, and she didn't even touch it. Several of my pickups told me they were glad to see me back, since she honked her horn and made then pick up deliveries and load for her.

Last edited:

Whitelightning1534

It's not at all fair but the second one of them women start whining about equality tell them if they want equality them they gotta do equal amount of work

rod

Retired 22 years
Back when I started in PC, There was a cute gal who covered my route for a week when I was on vacation. Monday, I had an RTS back to one of my pickup accounts. It was 126 lbs and about half the size of a king sized mattress. This was back when it was 50 lbs max and 108". I saw her the next day and asked her what was she thinking. She told me all my pickups loaded her PC for her, and she didn't even touch it. Several of my pickups told me they were glad to see me back, since she honked her horn and made then pick up deliveries and load for her.
Sounds about right. If you send a female up to a door with an arm load of packages the chances are every Tom Dick and Harry (and Mary) will come running to hold the door for her. It don't work that way when guys deliver.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Buncha grown men crying about a lady doing the job. Lmfao, it’s not fair. Man the hell up. Women should be treated with dignity and respect no matter what. It may not be your wife/daughter/mother, but they’re someone else’s. Give me a break with this.