Finally released the pension. Teamster app update

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I'm clear out of it, brothers, but I got this from a very good source, this is for 22 locals only.
I'm not trying to start or spread any rumors, just posting what I was told. All the best.
Why for just 22, and what local's or state's are they? Would not these local's getting special treatment have to be listed in the article in question?

vvv

I'm clear out of it, brothers, but I got this from a very good source, this is for 22 locals only.
I'm not trying to start or spread any rumors, just posting what I was told. All the best.
Heard that as well from someone quite reputable also, you are 100% accurate in saying that. Only for the one group of 22 states (CSPF)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
xMIBLLHKztMt.jpg

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Trying to read this legalize tripe on Article 34...From what I am reading those pension trusts that are in trouble will get that 40 dollar a week contribution, but 20 of that has to go into their Health and Welfare packages the rest goes into their troubled pension plans. The pension plans that are currently within the required vesting ratio, like the IBT/UPS and the Western will not get any further monetary weekly increases from the Company.

If the Health and Welfare plans start to lose money in the last two years of this TA, another .20 will automatically kick in...They should not have to take it our of our GWIs, even though there is language for such an action.

I expect there will be some changes in 2028 in the IBT/UPS Pension benefits, some real strange language about keeping those listed benefits past 2028...is it good or bad is anybody's guess.

So if you meet those requirements like 25 years over the age of 55, are you eligible for those enhanced increases listed at the bottom if you decide to retire on 1 January 2024..?

DOK

The Atlantic supplement, and others, went from a $1.00 contribution per hour to $.50, how does that happen?

TheOCbaby

Western States got screwed on pension. Western is effectively getting a 33% rate cut in pension contributions, which remain flat the entire duration of the contract. IBT gave some gaslighting story about how they are so well-funded already that they didn't need so much new contributions, and that they should give up a huge chunk of their future contributions to Central States and New England. Essentially, Western was given a decreased contribution that would work out to about a $277.40 monthly increase for each 2080 hours worked in a year vs. about a $390 monthly increase for each 2080 hours worked this current year. Granted, the past two years were quite exceptional contributory years, and it would've been surprising to match them considering the wage increase, but we still don't like being told it's an increase when it is clearly NOT. The contribution rate is down, so it is a decrease.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Western States got screwed on pension. Western is effectively getting a 33% rate cut in pension contributions, which remain flat the entire duration of the contract. IBT gave some gaslighting story about how they are so well-funded already that they didn't need so much new contributions, and that they should give up a huge chunk of their future contributions to Central States and New England. Essentially, Western was given a decreased contribution that would work out to about a $277.40 monthly increase for each 2080 hours worked in a year vs. about a $390 monthly increase for each 2080 hours worked this current year. Granted, the past two years were quite exceptional contributory years, and it would've been surprising to match them considering the wage increase, but we still don't like being told it's an increase when it is clearly NOT. The contribution rate is down, so it is a decrease.
Compared to what Western has always got compared to everybody else, you've never been screwed like the rest of us.