Finally released the pension. Teamster app update

pkgdriver

I know I do crazy stuff all the time

Like show up to work on time, don't have an attendance issue, get my next stairs delivered on time and believe it or not I actually know how to scan all my packages and deliver them to the right houses

Yes they should definitely get rid of me
Yea but District Overallow will drop considerably.

rod

Retired 22 years
We’re all not in this pension plan, our plan from our local is much different than this. Ours pays more but we have no healthcare nor discounted healthcare.
ouch----that sucks. Health insurance is really expensive between retiring and Medicare. We were paying over $900 a month just for my wife for four years until she got on Medicare.

You just made the list. Bastid!
xUPGcvWmHGSlu5DOaQ (1).gif

So I'm being told it's $.25 the first year and wait and see the next 4 years.

Seems like someone isn't telling us everything.

I recommend bringing it up to your BA or ST. I know Karla was on all the committees.
I'd have a hard time thinking she'd take the short end of the stick without a fight.

Thanks for the update.

vvv

Good for you. Military guys put in 20 years to retire. You put in 33+.
You know something, with all the days I've taken off over the years I very well may have only worked about 20 years. Especially the last few years where I've worked 1-2 days a week most of the year. I think I've been taking a lot of days off for at least 12 years or more.

I'll be leaving relatively soon I'd assume, that'll be my call. But the job has been my playground for many many years and I sort of have my own little set of rules and perks there buddy.

I mainly loved it for always having a bumper crop of nice young ladies 20-30 years younger than me to toy around with.
And of course without getting too in depth with anything, maybe.....just maybe......I kept it to show some legitimate income to offset other things one can be involved in.

I'm also highly considering sticking around just a wee bit longer and blowing up all my credit one last time before quitting.....and either getting a lot of stuff I want or buying and selling it off, and then file a BK7 for the 3rd time. BK's are so damn lax that I personally use them as sort of an investment tool. Hate to do it again as I'm back up to an 817 score now....but that is basically only fiction and I can get it back up again if need be. But if you have CASH no worries.....doesn't matter.
Because you see, if you do it the right way they won't come after your possessions, and if not retired they don't touch your 401K or pension in waiting. I don't really have anything in my name and keep stuff in my brothers or moms. Trust me in that I have played the game enough times.

Best time is when I had a property I bought years ago that wasn't moving up in value. It was at the height of all the robo signings and heavy amount of backlogged foreclosures around 2008 or so.
I stayed up late after work a few times studying up on Strategic Defaults and such on my own...... didn't hire a lawyer for anything. And come to find out that if you reside in a judicial state vs. non-judicial they can't just have your butt tossed out on the street in short notice. I live in a judicial state. ;)

So I stopped making payments on my home and just kept all utilities current and went and bought myself a newer safe to stack more cash in. Last payment I made was April of 2010, and if I had to guess my foreclosure came up on the docket perhaps 3 years later. I whacked it immediately with a BK7 and it stopped the whole process in its tracks and pushed me to the back of the line again.
Finally went thru the system again and I received a notice of final day to be out and had a sale date or whatever on there. Also got some "CASH FOR KEYS" money on the way out because they didn't want me to destroy the place I suppose.

Long story short I lived there for FREE from May of 2010 til mid December of 2014. One can save a lot and invest or do whatever with money not having a mortgage payment for 4 1/2 years.

So nice try on the lame put down attempt as I probably worked no more than 20 years myself. I'm an open book and don't sweat :censored2:, and certainly don't sweat you.

Adios

9.5mania

They could be bluffing and saying to retire now, because next contract, you won't see this $5300. Although, I don't agree with that. If they continue to make money like they always do, I see that figure going up at least another $500 next contract.
My old union steward and I were talking about this extra perk and he believes the company doesn’t want to box themselves in to raising the pension by $1000 permanently but can for a few years due to the record profits. They are trying to avoid a situation like UAW had.

People think the company shouldn’t make billions in profits but I’m all for it, less leverage they have to tell us no. Hopefully, they continue to be successful and we keep increasing our benefits.