Financial Analyst: Teamsters Agreement Bad Deal for UPS.

Thebrownblob

View attachment 440144

It’s a lot of talk for someone who’s decided to vote no. I think it’s great vote no. I’ve never voted yes for a contract. And this is by far the best contract that’s been offered to me. Voted down and you still won’t be happy with what’s renegotiated I can promise you

If you have been here over 10 years this is not the best contract that has ever been offered to you. I showed you the data that it takes twice as many hours to pay for an average mortgage under this contract as 10-15 years ago that is not better. Maybe you mean you feel that it is better? Or if you leave out the parts that relate to the purpose of going to work, to get money to pay for things, it’s the best other than the fact you have to work twice the hours to get the same quality of life
Nope it’s the best contract we’ve been offered. Both with money and language I don’t live above my means so I’m not really worried about inflation I don’t control it.

some1else

Banned
Lol you drive a truck and deliver boxes you’re not a pilot :censored2: get back to me after you spend dozens of years training and thousands of dollars of your own money to become a pilot dip:censored2:. And they haven’t even won yet. 😂
Did you see the quote where you said name a industry where they get paid well and are getting 35% it was your stupid question I answered don’t blame me

Thebrownblob

Yes I did name an industry where they get to pay and a 35% increase. Want to rephrase you question into something more relevant I will answer that as well push those goal post back
How many people can drive a power steering truck, with GPS and how many people can fly commercial jet?. Your argument is invalid and ignorant just like you. You are the top paid in the industry and we deserve it having said that it is not the company’s responsibility to manage your piss, poor finances.

Like I said, you’re going to make more than the people who represent you every day that’s great and great for you and me.

Thebrownblob

The “I got mine who cares about the next generation” shows his true form. And yet you project greed onto the members who want to maintain this as a middle class job. Disgusting selfishness masked in righteousness
Yes, disgusting that you want to ruin opportunities for the next group. Go hide your head in shame. Because most of these people would be sitting at home because of you.

Thebrownblob

The “I got mine who cares about the next generation” shows his true form. And yet you project greed onto the members who want to maintain this as a middle class job. Disgusting selfishness masked in righteousness
Get off your ass and go help organize a few places and then maybe we can ask for more money the next contract. Until then. STFU

some1else

Banned
Nope it’s the best contract we’ve been offered. Both with money and language I don’t live above my means so I’m not really worried about inflation I don’t control it.
I hesitate to ask knowing it’s beyond your ability to answer but for the peanut gallery:
You live “within your means” how much more inflation over the next 5 years could you handle before you have problems? 10%? 20%? 100%?

Pullman Brown

I think we have a basic misunderstanding of economic realities that our happening in our country and globally. My point is people are seeing a problem but the answer to the problem is incorrect.

You can put money in peoples wallets on you want but again you have to let people make stuff and do things that increases the supply side of the economy which will meet the demands of the people. Increasing wages is just going to put more strain on the demand side and drive prices up higher if nobody produces stuff.

Thebrownblob

I hesitate to ask knowing it’s beyond your ability to answer but for the peanut gallery:
You live “within your means” how much more inflation over the next 5 years could you handle before you have problems? 10%? 20%? 100%?
I hesitate to ask, knowing it’s beyond your ability to answer, but how much of that :censored2: UPS and the union make up for you? We’ve done far better than most, and it’s the worst inflation we’ve seen since I’m working. Also, the reason we actually got COLA twice , which we really never got before except for once. Shockingly, we don’t even qualify for this year. Hmmm

some1else

Banned
Yes, disgusting that you want to ruin opportunities for the next group. Go hide your head in shame. Because most of these people would be sitting at home because of you.
Going from 50 hours to 100 hours to pay an average mortgage is not an accomplishment and not something to be proud of and call historic. You have yet to respond to this economic data. Do you think if the next contract has a 15$ raise but it takes 150hours to pay an average mortgage it will be a historic win?

Pullman Brown

Going from 50 hours to 100 hours to pay an average mortgage is not an accomplishment and not something to be proud of and call historic. You have yet to respond to this economic data. Do you think if the next contract has a 15$ raise but it takes 150hours to pay an average mortgage it will be a historic win?

Go into politics. City council etc that’s where the heart of the issues are.

Thebrownblob

Lol those are not problems the company or the union can fix. Don’t worry it’s a bubble hang onto your money and when the next opportunity arrives be smart.

some1else

Banned
I think we have a basic misunderstanding of economic realities that our happening in our country and globally. My point is people are seeing a problem but the answer to the problem is incorrect.

You can put money in peoples wallets on you want but again you have to let people make stuff and do things that increases the supply side of the economy which will meet the demands of the people. Increasing wages is just going to put more strain on the demand side and drive prices up higher if nobody produces stuff.
I Agree 100% giving people money that are not producing will cause huge problems. My contention is of the billions of profits if a larger proportion goes to us vs corporate it would not cause more inflation. I am completely against money printing. Gold standard all the way we could still be making 15$ an hour and be fine if we stayed on it.