Teamster agreement a 'bad deal' for UPS: Analyst

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
"And the problem with that is this, see, it's one thing that you have to pay a union worker more. But the real cost is for many companies in unionized labor is not the per hour fee, it's that you can't get them to do multiple tasks. They're only going to do one thing. They're only going to sort packages. They're only going to drive a truck. They're only going to do one thing.

And throughout any business day, we have different demands, different things need to be done. I don't know about you Seana, but I do multiple things. I take out the trash here at Broughton Capital if I need to, right? And you can't do that with a union employee. They'll say to them, well, that's not my job classification."

All you do is drive a truck, quit reading after that in 1st paragraph
That section made me want to put a hole on my computer monitor.

It's either false flag or clueless speech: The union workers here want more responsibility, more exposure to planning, if anything. It's the company that is trying to make us into dumb truck drivers, dumb shift workers who do a small number simple tasks, not the other way around.

"I'd love to reloop my route, but I can't do that with a union job, it's not my job classification"

The only mindset that makes sense, one that they are dead-set on. Is any kind of classification game they can play to get someone that works at a lower hourly rate.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You are completely out of touch with wages in 2023. An experienced McDonalds fry cook makes over $21/hr with benefits and a 401k.
You just can't help but be a liar, can you?

McDonald's health plan is “radically inferior coverage” and “unacceptably inadequate,” said Alan Sager, professor of health policy and management at Boston University. The coverage that McDonald's workers get is quite comparable to no coverage at all.

PT Car Washer

McDonald's health plan is “radically inferior coverage” and “unacceptably inadequate,” said Alan Sager, professor of health policy and management at Boston University. The coverage that McDonald's workers get is quite comparable to no coverage at all.
What is the date of that article? 1990?

anonymous23456

Don't worry. I know how UPS will deal with this. They will do "stealth" layoff or firing. UPS is good with stealth technology! LOL

Any FT or PT people who have "performance" problems should watch out. They will find the slightest excuse to fire people.

Last edited:

PT Car Washer

Don't worry. I know how UPS will deal with this. They will do "stealth" layoff or firing. UPS is good with stealth technology! LOL

Any FT or PT people who have "performance" problems should watch out. They will find the slightest excuse to fire people.
Already been doing this. It's hard to be perfect 24/7.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Lying comes naturally to him.