Financial Analyst: Teamsters Agreement Bad Deal for UPS.

some1else

Banned
I hesitate to ask, knowing it’s beyond your ability to answer, but how much of that :censored2: UPS and the union make up for you? We’ve done far better than most, and it’s the worst inflation we’ve seen since I’m working. Also, the reason we actually got COLA twice , which we really never got before except for once. Shockingly, we don’t even qualify for this year. Hmmm
I knew you would not answer but we can see through the “live within your means” oh whoops grocery, housing, cars doubled. I ment live 50% below your means so you are ready for that. Again I know for you it’s all about yourself I can make my bills easy on 3 days a week I’m arguing for the next generation to keep this a middle class job and not let selfish guys like you destroy it

I don’t have it pulled up but isn’t the cola government reported inflation (underreported) minus 3%? So if 6% inflation (((reported))) we get 3%

Thebrownblob

I Agree 100% giving people money that are not producing will cause huge problems. My contention is of the billions of profits if a larger proportion goes to us vs corporate it would not cause more inflation. I am completely against money printing. Gold standard all the way we could still be making 15$ an hour and be fine if we stayed on it.
We agree on that

Thebrownblob

I don’t have it pulled up but isn’t the cola government reported inflation (underreported) minus 3%? So if 6% inflation (((reported))) we get 3%
Yes it’s :censored2:ty no doubt. And they don’t even include fuel and food in the inflation numbers. The two most important things in my opinion.

Pullman Brown

I Agree 100% giving people money that are not producing will cause huge problems. My contention is of the billions of profits if a larger proportion goes to us vs corporate it would not cause more inflation. I am completely against money printing. Gold standard all the way we could still be making 15$ an hour and be fine if we stayed on it.

The legal tinder ship has sailed! Go read Life after Captialism George Gilder. You can only manage the world you live in now make the best of it. Incrementalism. Till the next contract.

Thebrownblob

The legal tinder ship has sailed! Go read Life after Captialism George Gilder. You can only manage the world you live in now make the best of it. Incrementalism. Till the next contract.
It’s fake fiat. They print more money and the dollars you have in your pocket become worth less and less.

Thebrownblob

Well…. Uhhh… hmmm… sorry yea I can expect 75$. Don’t let your lack of imagination hold you back brother
And it’s just not expecting that, that is how much I got paid 15 years ago in real money. The same house I bought would have a payment more the 2.5x what my payment is currently. That would be right about 80$ an hour to be samsies. Ups shipping rates have also double since then.
If you include our benefits and pension which are top notch, I’m certainly we are approaching that.

Pullman Brown

It’s fake fiat. They print more money and the dollars you have in your pocket become worth less and less.

Yep. The war on poverty in the sixties by Kennedy and LBJ was only supposed to be temporary to help people to get back on their feet. But it became institutionalized and has been a disaster which continues this foolishness of money printing. What’s ironic is this chronic stay part-time mentality at UPS is the attitude that those programs have produced! Not everybody but many!

Thebrownblob

Yep. The war on poverty in the sixties by Kennedy and LBJ was only supposed to be temporary to help people to get back on their feet. But it became institutionalized and has been a disaster which continues this foolishness of money printing. What’s ironic is this chronic part-time mentality at UPS is the attitude that those programs have produced! Not everybody but many!
They don’t want poverty to end, because they will lose their power.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There's lots of economic variables in the world, housing is certainly one. It's not fair that our grandparents bought their houses for less than a Toyota Corolla costs. Housing today is ridiculous but I don't think we can expect to make $75-$100/hr to deliver packages.
What does a center manager make? They do a whole lot less than what a package car does daily.

MrBates

Screenshot_20230729_113425_YouTube.jpg

JL 0513

What does a center manager make? They do a whole lot less than what a package car does daily.
You really want their responsibility and BS coming down from the top everyday? Yeah, they sit on their butt all day but pay usually reflects level of responsibility which is why a CEO responsible for a multi-billion dollar company needs to make a lot. Each decision can be critical. Few people want that on their shoulders.

some1else

Banned
You really want their responsibility and BS coming down from the top everyday? Yeah, they sit on their butt all day but pay usually reflects level of responsibility which is why a CEO responsible for a multi-billion dollar company needs to make a lot. Each decision can be critical. Few people want that on their shoulders.
Chatgpt how many stops per car today?
Isn’t that app free?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Decisions? They get a call from a higher up telling them what to do.

JL 0513

Decisions? They get a call from a higher up telling them what to do.
I was referring to the CEO about decisions.

Center managers have a lot of crap to do regardless of what you think they do. If you want to do it, then feel free to persue it.

JR Ewing

Very clear blob. I got mine. My house is 1400$ a month I’m fine. I think it’s unfair to the next generation of drivers that the exact same house costs them 4500$ now. What does that have to do with piss poor money management? That’s my personal example In a high cost of living area for a modest 1900sqft house

Nationally the average is 435k which with 3.5% down is still ~3200$. That is 50% of the monthly take home for most top rate drivers. your housing if you’re not “piss poor” with money management is supposed to be 25%. This job used to be one you could buy a national average house with 1 paycheck a month now it’s 2. That is not a historic win it’s half as good as before.

guys that came before me fought hard to put me in a good spot. saying I’m fine so I don’t need to fight so the next guys coming in can have a similar quality of life is not what a union brother is supposed to do.

Those of you better at economics can explain if a job with a lot of forced overtime does not pay enough to buy an average house in the country Is that a “historic” win? The best thing for me would be really strong 9.5 language and pension increase the pay rate matters little in my situation but the best thing for fellow union brothers especially those starting out or trying to start a family is for me not to be selfish like y’all
On housing you can thank black rock and foreign private equity paying 30k over asking in most cities. You can ask yourself for what reason and get a multitude of opinions.