Fired for "stealing time"

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
First of all your and idiot.

You'll probably get your job back it all depends on how hard you want to fight for it. They will drag it out as long as they can to make you an example and to see if you'll just quit....

It would have been easier to just work through you lunch and they wouldn't have done much if anything to you.
We had a driver do that, a few years back.....got a nice 30 day, unpaid vacation!

Where do these clowns come from?

jdn

Since this is my first time getting into a mess like this. Was my meeting with the BA, center manager, sup and Labor (something) the panel hearing? They all said no to getting my job back. So BA said we cab take it to arbitration. Anyone know how that goes?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Isn't anybody "lazy" the good old fashioned way anymore? You know, just working slow? All this hi-tech goldbricking will just lead to trouble.

jdn

So, how many times have you done this. I'm sure, not your first since your center manager came out to observe.
It was actually my first time. center manager was out doing safety check on a new driver and in his words "stumbled upon me"

fedupups

One word that comes to mind is "stupid"....if u do get your job back I hope your shop steward reams u a new one and u either get on a 9.5 list or stay out till 9pm...either or

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Isn't anybody "lazy" the good old fashioned way anymore? You know, just working slow? All this hi-tech goldbricking will just lead to trouble.

Really. Slow is just slow, but cheating.........

I used to try to figure out ways to get around every new policy or technology (intellectual exercise :)), and every time I thought it through, I saw how it wouldn't work.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah it's one thing to go over on lunch by 5 minutes accidentally...it's quite another to intentionally falsify delivery records to intentionally extend your lunch by half an hour.

Everyone makes mistakes and I'm not judging you but I don't see you walking away from this one.
There are stories I hear of old timers that used to take 2+ hour lunches all the time. They would write down liscense plate numbers as tracking numbers to make it look like they were working. We are talking 30+ years ago.