Fired for Unreported Accident

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
wow. I read something like this and just shake my head. What did you do to put that huge target on your back? when they want somebody bad enough they get them.

there must be more to this story ( unless you are the unluckiest person in the world )

What'dyabringmetoday???

I didn't respond to challenge the notion that "it isn't worth it", rather the hypocrisy of the "methods" and how the Company enforces them.

It is my contention that the Company would have (and may have already) turned a blind eye during an observation if this driver was a favorable "numbers driver".....we have all seen it in the wake of posted telematics data?

Do me a favor, the next time you see your state patrol buddy, ask him how your state accesses "avoidability".
Who cares how the company enforces things when the strongest union in the world has your back?

Foamer Pyle

If you put a tire track in someone's grass it is
That is very petty, and will never stick. A driver could very easily have a tire go on grass, on a tight road. The garbage trucks on my route are always driving on grass, but I have a rural route with lots of roads that are only wide enough for one vehicle.

Indecisi0n

That is very petty, and will never stick. A driver could very easily have a tire go on grass, on a tight road. The garbage trucks on my route are always driving on grass, but I have a rural route with lots of roads that are only wide enough for one vehicle.
All depends on how much they hate you. If I farted on a customers property they wanted to fire me. They never understood how to operated, friend with me its game on.

Days

Not just trying to pick on you man but there are drivers who are on Facebook groups that are bragging about doing massive amounts of stops and being off at 5:00.... and straight up stating that they ran all day.....these kids will never make it 30 years here.... guaranteed.

lol I’d love to see their package cars

clean hairy

And thats why they told me to shut the hell up. Ive been brought to the office by management in the past without steward present.
When that happens
"I believe this meeting will lead to disciplinary action"
"I require a Union Steward before this meeting can start"
Then, you sit there and be quiet until a steward shows up.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Who from the Union told you that ?

You can't refuse to answer reasonable questions, and have a right to caucus

with your representative before providing any answers.

Cussing out management can wind up being a fast walk to the door....
I’ve seen drivers rip sups a new ass and slam doors walking out of the office with nothing happening to them.... yes, I feel it was a little extreme but nobody was walked out... seen that many times in package....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We know about weak representation but I've seen some major damage done to yards that would get a driver fired for a while if not called in.

If I've damaged someone's property I make contact with the company and the owner immediately. Even leaving a delivery notice with the local number on it (& getting a picture of it) if they arent home has helped document my honesty in the matter.
Yes cover your ass....sometimes they try to sweep it under the rug and other times go all out atomic for something so stupid.....these mgt folks are bipolar....

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
If he was to get t-boned making a uturn that would be very bad and the driver and or ups would be sued for sure....I blame mgt for getting these kids so Uptight...
Agreed. And at some point this kids need to SLOW THE friend DOWN!!! The don’t understand they are only as good as their last mistake.

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
IMG_20190412_133610299_HDR.jpg

Well, looks like it's over for me. Anybody know if FedEx is hiring?