Fired in the first 30 possible for misloads

4evapreloader

dude looooooool

crayons aren't faster than not using a crayon; they are faster than peeling and sticking

reading 101 dude jesus christ..

Winner! For stupidity!

In the immortal words of Kelly Bundy, "Buy a vowel, get a clue".
You either write the sequence number on the side of a box with a crayon OR you unpeel, and stick a label.

Which is it?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Winner! For stupidity!

In the immortal words of Kelly Bundy, "Buy a vowel, get a clue".
You either write the sequence number on the side of a box with a crayon OR you unpeel, and stick a label.

Which is it?
i'll break it down so even you can understand it
in order of fastest to slowest, on average:
  1. loading with no assists at all
  2. loading while using a crayon/marker to write the HIN
  3. loading while peel-n-sticking
occasionally #3 can be faster then #2, but it's very situational
you can also add smart-scanning onto any of these, slowing them all down

4evapreloader

but, but, but, you said, YOU SAID, no time studies were ever done. Apparently you are talking out of your dinosaur butt hole ... as most UPS management does.

I get it, you are trying to save face, but it's laughable.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
but, but, but, you said, YOU SAID, no time studies were ever done. Apparently you are talking out of your dinosaur butt hole ... as most UPS management does.

I get it, you are trying to save face, but it's laughable.
you are super dumb dude i told you no time studies were done that said crayons were faster than no crayons which is what you said originally

not only was your original post pretty backwards, but on top of that you still can't get what i'm saying every after i've explained it in plain english multiple times

4evapreloader

you are super dumb dude i told you no time studies were done that said crayons were faster than no crayons which is what you said originally

not only was your original post pretty backwards, but on top of that you still can't get what i'm saying every after i've explained it in plain english multiple times
You're right. I don't get it. You've contradicted yourself multiple times, but still claim you are right.

You've posted that crayons are faster, yet no time studies have been done, yet crayons are no faster. Come on dude, which is it??? I can clearly state my position without any backtracking or any nonsensical arguments.

Here it is dude. Crayons are slower. State your opposing argument --- if you can. Although you have already stated no time studies have been done. Go!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
You're right. I don't get it. You've contradicted yourself multiple times, but still claim you are right.

You've posted that crayons are faster, yet no time studies have been done, yet crayons are no faster. Come on dude, which is it??? I can clearly state my position without any backtracking or any nonsensical arguments.

Here it is dude. Crayons are slower. State your opposing argument --- if you can. Although you have already stated no time studies have been done. Go!

john chesney

Preloaders do not realize how much money misloads cist the company. Sure we all make a mistake now and then. But you got to get it together
I was serious if she shows up for work and cares about her job and trying to improve. She's a keeper. I still care about my service and being professional I'm just bitter about what management and corporate has turned this company into. I care and they don't

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
OK, I'll admit it. I am the Tom Brady of Preloaders. Even at my age I run circles around just about everyone. My methods? If you do stack, only stack outside the proper car. Never carry a package for a different car into a car. I always tell myself the car number and sequence number. Many times I'll say to myself 48-6780 and realize I'm in car 49. In the last half hour tons of crap comes down the belts. Be aware of stickers with the wrong date and be very suspicious of boxes with multiple stickers. SLOW DOWN until you figure things out. Believe it or not the company will not collapse if your drivers leave 5 minutes later.

This doesn't apply in this case, but crayons are a huge no no. I have no idea what time study determined they are faster, but they definitely used idiots in that study. With crayons you are focused on writing, not putting the package in the proper car or cross checking to the actual address label.

At our center the drivers treat you like Mother Teresa and tell the sups how wonderful you are if you write the sequence number in crayon on the box. As a result, all my loads look like a big brown Dewey Decimal System. I write on everything which is especially useful during last minute add-cuts.

When one of the new sups told me to go faster I said "b-but my loads are saving the company money because they're SO WONDERFUL". He stopped bothering me.

john chesney

No benefits until after a year, no pension until 25 years, no paid vacation until after a year, 2 optional days after a year and no sick days ever. All for $10/hr.
And a job that is very difficult and yes I did it for 4 years 34 years ago. I can't imagine how hard it has to be now

john chesney

No load charts. Just read the label and put it in the right car. Yes it's physical labor but it's not rocket science.
It may not be rocket science but I guess neither is being a package car driver however I feel mentally and physically exhausted after every day.

john chesney

Preload is very physical work. A lot of end range motions. But definitely not the mental pressure of driving.
Ok I believe you. It was way back in the day you had to look up every address on a chart and find out what truck and what sequence number

john chesney

We still have a few of the old high steppers that have the clips on back for the load charts
Oh god I just got sick to my stomach. You mean you still have package cars with no power steering and wooden bulkhead doors. I remember driving one for years and never found out where first gear was except by accident one day