First day on road

WorknLateHuh

Damn residentials giving me the most problems. It all out the in the middle of no where in no mans land

At least out there you won't have to deal with addresses like, 33 1/2A Elm St building #E4 unit 55R fourth floor.

And then you find it by some miracle, and the lady says, "Why does UPS have such a hard time finding my apt!!?" While you're staring at her door with no unit number on it...

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Trying my best not to get discouraged. Took me like 7 extra mins to find one box that the preloader was supposed to have in rdl but the :censored2: was burried somewhere in the 2000 section. Then wasted time going back to the same mall to deliver packages that normally be grouped with walmart and sallys and Verizon.

7 minutes looking for one box? I hope you rearranged the area you were looking in to be stop for stop. That way you don't have to keep taking all day to find stuff. For the rest of the time you're delivering out of that section. But still, try not to worry too much about it. What week are you in? I promise you by week 3 you'll have the hang of it a lot more.

We had a newbie called in the office this morning for his 1.57 hours over allowed. Was told that "there may be an issue" if this trend continues.

He was not a happy camper at the PCM.

1.57 hours over allowed is a big deal in your center? In my center that's a good day. Only way you get called into the office here is if you're 3 hours or more over allowed. Even then it doesn't always happen. 4 hours over is guaranteed office next day though.

Rack em

Made the Podium
7 minutes looking for one box? I hope you rearranged the area you were looking in to be stop for stop. That way you don't have to keep taking all day to find stuff. For the rest of the time you're delivering out of that section. But still, try not to worry too much about it. What week are you in? I promise you by week 3 you'll have the hang of it a lot more.

1.57 hours over allowed is a big deal in your center? In my center that's a good day. Only way you get called into the office here is if you're 3 hours or more over allowed. Even then it doesn't always happen. 4 hours over is guaranteed office next day though.
Your center is lenient! 1.5 hours would be the max over allowed before you're pulled in the office the next day in my center.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Your center is lenient! 1.5 hours would be the max over allowed before you're pulled in the office the next day in my center.

Wow that's so crazy. Just more examples of just how different it is from building to building. Imma try to take a shot of our ORION board in the morning that shows everyone's over allowed. There are only 3 drivers out of about 55 who either beat the time or scratch. The rest are over, with about 30% of those being over by 2 hours or more.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Wow that's so crazy. Just more examples of just how different it is from building to building. Imma try to take a shot of our ORION board in the morning that shows everyone's over allowed. There are only 3 drivers out of about 55 who either beat the time or scratch. The rest are over, with about 30% of those being over by 2 hours or more.
Ours is the same...shows our center average at the bottom and it's usually about 2 hours over

UrFellowUpser

1st week

Nike

In regards to the lunch debate OP just know. Every single driver ever has skipped and/or moved much faster to get out of work earlier.

However it's not good to get into the habit of skipping them. I break mine up into four 15 minute breaks throughout the day.

I don't believe in the full hour on this type of job, I don't want to get to comfortable so to speak. 15 minutes and i can grab a snack, check my phone, stretch, etc.

Nike

Don't worry about scratching.. The whole system is a joke!!!just don't hit anything and have a good attitude . If they really want or need you they will take you scratching or not... Trust me on this.

Good advice here, if you can deliver the packages without accident and maintain a positive attitude with everyone you'll be here a while. You'll be as invincible as the hot female driver or crooked steward.

wayfair

swollen member
In regards to the lunch debate OP just know. Every single driver ever has skipped and/or moved much faster to get out of work earlier.

However it's not good to get into the habit of skipping them. I break mine up into four 15 minute breaks throughout the day.

I don't believe in the full hour on this type of job, I don't want to get to comfortable so to speak. 15 minutes and i can grab a snack, check my phone, stretch, etc.
take your full hour.
it's even better!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does the DIAD allow you to enter the 4 15 minute meal breaks?

take your full hour.
it's even better!

Way too long! We are required to take 45 minutes and would prefer the option of taking just 30.