Flavor of the Month--Pickup Compliance

Re-Raise

I also don't understand the excuses for not making the 15min rule. I started driving in '72 and drivers would break off their areas, make their pickups and go back for deliveries (hardly anyone was done after p/u's)

I deliver to 5 different towns and 200 plus miles a day. All 15 of my pickups are on area. They asked me what times to put in for each pickup. I gave them my best guess but sometimes they add/ cut me other areas in the morning, sometimes the add/cuts are for afternoon stops.

I could seriously add 50 miles a day and waste at least an hour a day to make a commit time I can tell them to change anytime I want to.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I deliver to 5 different towns and 200 plus miles a day. All 15 of my pickups are on area. They asked me what times to put in for each pickup. I gave them my best guess but sometimes they add/ cut me other areas in the morning, sometimes the add/cuts are for afternoon stops.

I could seriously add 50 miles a day and waste at least an hour a day to make a commit time I can tell them to change anytime I want to.
Aren't rural rtes great Re-raise? I actually like them.

This non-compliance issue has gotten out of hand just like many other things that mgt has decided is the 'flavor of the month'. They grasp at straws in the name of money and we are the ones that suffer for it. :sick:

ups_vette

Aren't rural rtes great Re-raise? I actually like them.

This non-compliance issue has gotten out of hand just like many other things that mgt has decided is the 'flavor of the month'. They grasp at straws in the name of money and we are the ones that suffer for it. :sick:

Please tell me exactly how you suffer because your employer wants you to comply with the time frame established for your pickup.

Unless by saying suffer you actually mean not doing the job the way YOU want to do it, and must follow your employer's instructions.

I am amazed at how in the 3 1/2 years you have worked for UPS the knowledge you have of how a billion dollar company, who has been in business for over 100 years, should operate. This is especially amazing since you are a driver in a remote Center that has 17 routes per day.

With your wealth of businss knowledge I'm surprised you're not running your own billion dollar corporation.

Re-Raise

Please tell me exactly how you suffer because your employer wants you to comply with the time frame established for your pickup.

The time frame established for my pickup by ME. If they really wanted us to be consistent they wouldn't cut routes every other day. If they let me change the times every morning based on my route I could hit.

Sometimes I just take things for granted when I post. Unless things have drastically changed on area p/u's were just that back in the day. There was no commit time...because it was on area. The commit time I refer to is what we referred to as scheduled p/u's...those p/u routes that had a scheduled start time (say 3:00). Sorry for the confusion. :happy2:

Sometimes I just take things for granted when I post. Unless things have drastically changed on area p/u's were just that back in the day. There was no commit time...because it was on area. The commit time I refer to is what we referred to as scheduled p/u's...those p/u routes that had a scheduled start time (say 3:00). Sorry for the confusion. :happy2:
On most extended routes, "on area pick up" means that you can pick them up before the 3pm start. You pick them up when you are in the area delivering, 10 am or 1pm.

Unless by saying suffer you actually mean not doing the job the way YOU want to do it, and must follow your employer's instructions.

I am amazed at how in the 3 1/2 years you have worked for UPS the knowledge you have of how a billion dollar company, who has been in business for over 100 years, should operate. This is especially amazing since you are a driver in a remote Center that has 17 routes per day.

With your wealth of businss knowledge I'm surprised you're not running your own billion dollar corporation.

Cool Vette, you pick out one or two words and come back with utter nonsense. You use the chance to bash someone for their opinion.
If you are so experienced in UPS as you want people to believe, you know dang well what was meant by "suffer". If not, no one will be able to break it down to your level.
Do you honestly believe that all the decisions coming out of the Ivory tower in the last couple of years are good sound business? Decisions such as putting the customers needs second to the crazy numbers on a page?
Maybe you should go out with a driver that has all his own pickup plus a half dozen from a blown area and see how many you can make on time.

No such person

Southern Ct.
We've been getting hammered about 80% compliance, too, so I decided to ask the guys with all the answers for some clarification. My question was, you make an 11:15 delivery to a business that has a 4:30 P/U. While you're there they hand you a pkg. and say, "we're closing early today, this is all we have going out." What to do?
Sup 1: " Scan the pkg. prerecord, then stop complete at scheduled time, this insures stop compliance. Sup 2: "Scan and stop complete right there, otherwise someone in Hartford will notice your miles driven to stop aren't right. Manager: " Drive back to stop at correct time, stop complete. " Even though I know they are closed. This cleared everything up for me.

some1else

Banned
Manager: " Drive back to stop at correct time, stop complete. " Even though I know they are closed. This cleared everything up for me.
still falsifying records you arent making the pickup at that time even though you are going back. you made the pickup when they hand you the box. why dont you try explaining to LP why you have boxes on the truck that arent out for delivery or recorded as p/u? id like to watch that!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

:surprised: Looks like someone is asking for a butt whooping.

We've been getting hammered about 80% compliance, too, so I decided to ask the guys with all the answers for some clarification. My question was, you make an 11:15 delivery to a business that has a 4:30 P/U. While you're there they hand you a pkg. and say, "we're closing early today, this is all we have going out." What to do?
Sup 1: " Scan the pkg. prerecord, then stop complete at scheduled time, this insures stop compliance. Sup 2: "Scan and stop complete right there, otherwise someone in Hartford will notice your miles driven to stop aren't right. Manager: " Drive back to stop at correct time, stop complete. " Even though I know they are closed. This cleared everything up for me.
I believe this is the right answer.

No such person

Southern Ct.
My point was how you get 3 answers from 3 people on what is suppsedly a " hot issue" .
FWIW, I go with option 2, I'm being honest and the customer is happy.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
As long as you are using the right info notices you should be all set.
LOL, and make sure you curtsy, as you exit the pkg car.:happy2:

My point was how you get 3 answers from 3 people on what is suppsedly a " hot issue" .
FWIW, I go with option 2, I'm being honest and the customer is happy.
That's because all centers have 3 types of supe. The Robot, The, gotta make the numbers, and finally, the smart supe. I wonder if I'll be asked tomorrow, which is which?:surprised:

Hangingon

So PU compliance is to address better service, but your OMS can change the PU time in your board to suit your route without talking to the customer. Seems to be a bit of a disconnect.