FLIRTING

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by UPSERNOJ, May 1, 2009.

1. UPSERNOJ

UPSERNOJ New Member

Okay BC, what is your opinion on flirting?

2. rod

rod retired and happy

I'm all for it. The older one gets the more they appreciate "attention":wink2:

3. Dizzee

Dizzee ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs

Wow. What a great thread idea. You really got it goin' on, UPSERNOJ. :wink2:

4. Sammie

Sammie Well-Known Member

I think it's good for self esteem. Depending on the person and their intentions, as long as it stays within proper boundaries, what's wrong
    with handing out or receiving a harmless compliment?

But if an old flame were to come charging up to you and climb all over you, perhaps not. Especially if you've acquired a spouse...

5. UPSERNOJ

UPSERNOJ New Member

Wish I can take credit for it, but I really got the idea from a conversation taking place from another thread about hobbies...STUG is the one who should get the credit....:happy2:

6. JimJimmyJames

JimJimmyJames Big Time Feeder Driver

That is the one thing I miss about package car driving. In feeder there is no one to flirt with. Even doing CPU, all I see all day is other feeder drivers, all men, or Central/South Americans working in the warehouses I pick up from, again mostly men. If they are women they don't speak English.

So, I think it is harmless to flirt, unless my wife reads this, than I have never flirted and I think it is wrong. Also, who the heck posted this using my account?

7. fethrs

fethrs Well-Known Member

Flirting is fun...no harm done. Hey! It rhymes.

8. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

I don't flirt with anyone except my fiance. If she flirts otherwise that is her business but she's too shy anyway, which is perfect. :)

Personally I think flirting is fine if it's completely innocent and not over the line or leading someone on.

9. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

10. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Nothing is certain about flirting
    but it can be hurting ,
    to your loved one ,
    if it is done
    behind a curtain.

That's all I got! May not be good but it is original and is minted as of a minute before the time of this posting.

11. MobileBA

MobileBA Member

I'm in Feeder and often find myself "checking seatbelts" are being used while stuck in traffic....oh yeah I love spring and summer!

12. pickup

pickup Well-Known Member

Feeders, Feeders

is the breeder

of overweight

compulsive eaters.

(Dear God, make it stop!)

13. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

14. jennie

jennie New Member

so nicely put, is telling someone they look good or smell good flirting?

15. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Let's expand this a bit. What do you consider "over the line", in what ways do you flirt, is simply being friendly flirting?

16. brownandown

brownandown New Member

uhhh, would it be over the line if.... you were a midget and you told a lady geee your hair smells terrific?

17. jennie

jennie New Member

hahaha thats an old one, but I would say thank you :)

18. RockyRogue

RockyRogue Agent of Change

I like flirting. The more 'aggressive' or suggestive it is, the less I like it though. I'm a fairly reserved person and don't care for that kind of behavior. I'm at 'that age,' so I kind of have to flirt :happy-very:. -Rocky

19. jennie

jennie New Member

Well over the line is, talking hmmm about those parts. Otherwise, I think its all about who your flirting with and how well you know each other.

20. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

I'm not sure what "that age" is, when you "have" to flirt. When the talk gets aggressive and suggestive, it's no longer flirting but is "hitting on" the other person. IMO, that's usually over the line.