TangJaw

Sort of a random question, but does anyone have any sort of suggestion on whether to go the route of sort of high-grade admin positions, or entry management jobs?

I'm very new with UPS in a PT admin position that pays well with hours that might as well be FT in a ac'd office, and people have been throwing it out that entry management might have more room for moving up than what I'm currently in. It was something I'm sort of unsure about because right now, I'm making more than a PT sup, with much less responsibility. Is FT management worth it?

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Sort of a random question, but does anyone have any sort of suggestion on whether to go the route of sort of high-grade admin positions, or entry management jobs?

I'm very new with UPS in a PT admin position that pays well with hours that might as well be FT in a ac'd office, and people have been throwing it out that entry management might have more room for moving up than what I'm currently in. It was something I'm sort of unsure about because right now, I'm making more than a PT sup, with much less responsibility. Is FT management worth it?
It depends on how well you handle stress...

TangJaw

It depends on how well you handle stress...

Probably going to regret saying this come peak, as I haven't been in this current job for any peaks yet..but as of right now, I'm pretty confident stress doesn't bug me. I actually came into the position I'm in now from a stupidly stressful job in Flight ops that was quite thankless/scapegoat-ish. So I'd be willing to give it a wing I suppose.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Probably going to regret saying this come peak, as I haven't been in this current job for any peaks yet..but as of right now, I'm pretty confident stress doesn't bug me. I actually came into the position I'm in now from a stupidly stressful job in Flight ops that was quite thankless/scapegoat-ish. So I'd be willing to give it a wing I suppose.
Thankless is your first perk at ups...
Then it's all downhill from there...Lol
Lose all common sense and reason and you'll fit right in...

tractordoc

I am a new hire in the freight division about to complete my 45 probationary period. I like working on tractors but have been in the aviation industry the past 20 years. My question is what is the process for one to transfer from freight to small pack into aviation maintenance? I have my A&P license and would like to turn wrenches on airplanes again. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

rbased

I just started working for ups this week. I work in "The UPS Store". I've started at $8 an hour. So far I've been just dealing with people bringing packages to return and to ship off. I like the job so far it's really not a fast paced job and it beats working at a food place. My main question is do I get paid every week or every two weeks? The reason I ask is because I'm not sure the name of my position, I guess you would say I'm a store clerk.

JayCast

3 months ago i went to interview for driver position and they send me a letter with the reason and copy of my background why they not giving me the job. I have 2 minor violations in my driving record. This week I received another email from another location for air driver interview. What should I do? there is any way to clean this violations in my records? is there a way to get the job with violations?

specter208

I am soon rejoining UPS. Had an interview a few weeks ago but have not received a follow up call. Pray for me brothers and sisters! Thank you

roblejant

I wanted to know if one 10 minute break 2hours into a 5 hour shift is enough for someone loading feeder trailers? I just started and I think that one break is not enough. Im still on a probation period so I dont want to ask for another break.

specter208

I wanted to know if one 10 minute break 2hours into a 5 hour shift is enough for someone loading feeder trailers? I just started and I think that one break is not enough. Im still on a probation period so I dont want to ask for another break.
You have to swallow the pill while you are on probation.

eric pinon

Hello everyone, Im here because the FAQs didnt really answer the question that i had in mind.

I applied to UPS as a package handler 2 weeks ago. Now i recently got an email saying to schedule an appointment for the job. I don't know if i have to wait for them to call me, or just schedule the appointment. Has this happened to anyone?

browntroll

Hello everyone, Im here because the FAQs didnt really answer the question that i had in mind.

I applied to UPS as a package handler 2 weeks ago. Now i recently got an email saying to schedule an appointment for the job. I don't know if i have to wait for them to call me, or just schedule the appointment. Has this happened to anyone?
if you made an account and applied online, just login into your account and where it says applications there should be one that says complete and
ask you to schedule an appointment.

GetTacosOrDieTrying

What's in the box!!!!!?
i've had 10 minute break in a 7 hour shift. Thats the ups way. No other break. If you are on probation deal with it or resign if its to much. Working in the heat sucks. But if you complain before you make the cut they might cut you. Hang in there and good luck.