earthrobot

How do you know the pay cut will be for four years? What's your end plan with all of this? What position would you like to be in?

That four years is the ramp up in pay for a delivery driver under the current union contact. My current non UPS job pays more than those first four tiers.

This position is for a delivery driver off the street (outta the gutter).

I passed the drive test and got the DOT done now it's to quiting my current job and going to training. Wondering if going to the last of three trainings is a bad idea or if it's neutral.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The ideal would be for you to do the right thing for your current employer by working right up til the last day of your two week notice and for you to go to the first available driver training school.

Eye To Eye Contact.

We had heavy volume today and two supervisors kept saying move faster, just load this truck and that truck. I have 4 trucks now and I was getting angry and tired haven't been sleeping well. Any tips to load faster?
Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast . Key to everything at ups. And don't talk keep to your self when you see spas say them aloud to your self so insure less to no misloads. And write spa numbers on boxes. Your driver will give you breakfast tomorrow.

Brian1997

I started working for UPS 7/28/16 and before that day I had forms I had to fill on my UPS career account and one of thise forms was about how I will be paid as in direct deposit or a adp prepaid debit card. I choose the debit card because I don't have a bank account. So a week later on 8/4/16 I see I got paid for the first two days of work as a preloader and total pay I am to get is 101.50$ after taxes and I am wondering if I don't activate this debit card will I need to a get a paycheck for those two days and who should I contact to get my paycheck. Also I work the week of 8/1/16 and I was wondering when will I get paid for that week. The HR told me every thursday we will be paid.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I started working for UPS 7/28/16 and before that day I had forms I had to fill on my UPS career account and one of thise forms was about how I will be paid as in direct deposit or a adp prepaid debit card. I choose the debit card because I don't have a bank account. So a week later on 8/4/16 I see I got paid for the first two days of work as a preloader and total pay I am to get is 101.50$ after taxes and I am wondering if I don't activate this debit card will I need to a get a paycheck for those two days and who should I contact to get my paycheck. Also I work the week of 8/1/16 and I was wondering when will I get paid for that week. The HR told me every thursday we will be paid.
If you haven't activated the card....you should have a paper check at work. Ask your manager.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
How difficult would be to just activate the card?
That's not his question....if the card wasn't activated before last week's pay period....his money for that week won't be deposited even if he activated it today. I would assume he was sent an actual check that is probably sitting in an office at his building.

Eye To Eye Contact.

What I wanna know is how you made ovrr $100 as a preloader in two days lol.

Brian1997

That's not his question....if the card wasn't activated before last week's pay period....his money for that week won't be deposited even if he activated it today. I would assume he was sent an actual check that is probably sitting in an office at his building.
Thank you . I will talk with my supervisor tomorrow about my pay check. And do I get paid thus week for last week's work I did?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Thank you . I will talk with my supervisor tomorrow about my pay check. And do I get paid thus week for last week's work I did?

"I will gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today."

Pay checks are one week delayed. You will be paid on 8/12 for the work week ending 8/6.

As for your first check, as BB said, if you have not yet activated your card, they will issue you a paper check.

I strongly advise you to get a checking account. You will quickly learn that the debit card can be a pain in the butt.

Brian1997

Attachments

• 2016-08-07 16.26.35.png
    2016-08-07 16.26.35.png
    21.9 KB · Views: 197