bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
22.3 shifter....hmmm....don't need a CDL, not subject to drug testing, not bound by DOT hour limits (because they're on private property) so all the OT they can choke on if they want it, and top driver pay to shift. Granted, everything I stated may vary by local, but it's a pretty sweet gig or so I've heard.

AutoZone

BrownPower
22.3 shifter....hmmm....don't need a CDL, not subject to drug testing, not bound by DOT hour limits (because they're on private property) so all the OT they can choke on if they want it, and top driver pay to shift. Granted, everything I stated may vary by local, but it's a pretty sweet gig or so I've heard.
You're exactly correct!

McGee

When the signature is taken DIAD show for example "stops 1, Pkgs 2"
I wonder whether it is possible to give many stop one signature?
I was taught that if the reception goes different company package so each signature must be taken separately. But in reality, i take one and i sign myself the rest..easier for everyone.

WRONG! When you are caught ( it's not If , because you WILL be caught), do not be surprised when you are walked to the gate and told to have a good life...

Never EVER sign the DIAD Except at the end of your day, Period!

AutoZone

BrownPower
No she is not. 22.3 drivers do not make top driving rate. I love how all these people that never drove knows the answers.
I didn't see that.. but right, not top driving rate, but high rate... don't know if their is a top rate for 22.3s. the drivers coming back in to my hub are happy to take the pay cut for less work at the end of their careers. The one guy told me it was time he's slowed down, and still get paid very well..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
You're exactly correct!
In certain locals, what I said regarding 22.3 YARD SHIFTERS was 100% correct (including yes, they make top feeder pay for shifting In the yard) In other locals, it may vary.

I know 22.3 air drivers dont make top driver pay in my local unless they touch ground packages.

I didn't see that.. but right, not top driving rate, but high rate... don't know if their is a top rate for 22.3s. the drivers coming back in to my hub are happy to take the pay cut for less work at the end of their careers. The one guy told me it was time he's slowed down, and still get paid very well..
22.3 is two part time jobs out together. Yes you can make a higher rate if they have you doing a higher classification job. But generally you are making about 80% of top rate when you are at the top of the 22.3 scale.

We had heavy volume today and two supervisors kept saying move faster, just load this truck and that truck. I have 4 trucks now and I was getting angry and tired haven't been sleeping well. Any tips to load faster?

Newbie84

Sorry I'm new here but I have a quick question. I have a interview for a ft- dockworker with cdl. I do have a felony drug conviction from 2003. I got my cdl with jazz-mat and triple double and tankers. Just not sure if I can get the job but why would I get a interview if. I put my felony on my app. Thanks guys hope I posted in the right place

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Sorry I'm new here but I have a quick question. I have a interview for a ft- dockworker with cdl. I do have a felony drug conviction from 2003. I got my cdl with jazz-mat and triple double and tankers. Just not sure if I can get the job but why would I get a interview if. I put my felony on my app. Thanks guys hope I posted in the right place

Go ahead and put felony on your application; you're golden.

earthrobot

Hi Folks,

My first post on here and I have a question about training. I just got offered to go to training and the hub I will be at is hiring a lot of drivers right now. Like 8-10 from what I hear.

They wanted be to start trying the very next week but I needed time to quit my current job, plus going on a trip that is all paid for. There is a second week of training after that, and a third after that. I felt signing up for the last training would give me a week to catch up at the house before starting this new adventure but now after reading how seniority works I'm wondering if it is unwise to be one of the last to go through training because last one hired is the first one fired.

Am I over thinking all this? Or should I make it a point to go into the training right after my trip?

earthrobot

Well I'm switching my career to do it. That means quiting my current job to start this one. Don't want to get stuck in-between. Also taking a big pay cut for four years to make the switch because I think it would be better long term. Already gave notice.

Last edited:

upschuck

Hi Folks,

My first post on here and I have a question about training. I just got offered to go to training and the hub I will be at is hiring a lot of drivers right now. Like 8-10 from what I hear.

They wanted be to start trying the very next week but I needed time to quit my current job, plus going on a trip that is all paid for. There is a second week of training after that, and a third after that. I felt signing up for the last training would give me a week to catch up at the house before starting this new adventure but now after reading how seniority works I'm wondering if it is unwise to be one of the last to go through training because last one hired is the first one fired.

Am I over thinking all this? Or should I make it a point to go into the training right after my trip?
The later you start, the more people will have to pass up any job before you get it.