oldngray

nowhere special
Ok, well HR told me I can't start on my seniority by package handling. So can I join after x amount of time working the preload?

Yes. 30 working days on preload. Unless its free period which varies between regions.

TCD is Temporary - which is the problem with seniority.

kevw45

Yes. 30 working days on preload. Unless its free period which varies between regions.

TCD is Temporary - which is the problem with seniority.
Right! That's what I mean... I can't hardly control when I get in a truck, so you agree that I should work as many days on preload to get my seniority?

oldngray

nowhere special
Right! That's what I mean... I can't hardly control when I get in a truck, so you agree that I should work as many days on preload to get my seniority?

I'm not sure. There are a lot of screwy rules with TCD's and they aren't the same everywhere.

kevw45

Probably bad...but.... if you do a good job they may keep you on as a driver after the holidays.
Actually, that reminded me of what my road test supervisor told me, and so I think you're right except he told me because this place is expanding so much, over the last three years, he hasn't seen TCD's get sent back to preload. I;m just confused when the hell I'm supposed to be working on this packet. I thought I was supposed to get that out of the way before seasonal started and before I could run any route.

oldngray

nowhere special
Actually, that reminded me of what my road test supervisor told me, and so I think you're right except he told me because this place is expanding so much, over the last three years, he hasn't seen TCD's get sent back to preload. I;m just confused when the hell I'm supposed to be working on this packet. I thought I was supposed to get that out of the way before seasonal started and before I could run any route.

They like to delay until the free period starts.

They will tell you all kinds of BS.

Go bust your ass, be safe and maybe you will have a chance after the holidays.

optikz

They like to delay until the free period starts.

free period is when seasonal hires don't gain seniority correct? so I was told that rule doesn't apply to me being a FT off the street permanent hire. they said I'd start gaining seniority after 30 days. I see different things on here but the guys here locally say that's true UNLESS I was seasonal. FT I'd start gaining seniority during peak according to them