oldngray

nowhere special
free period is when seasonal hires don't gain seniority correct? so I was told that rule doesn't apply to me being a FT off the street permanent hire. they said I'd start gaining seniority after 30 days. I see different things on here but the guys here locally say that's true UNLESS I was seasonal. FT I'd start gaining seniority during peak according to them

The language varies so .. maybe.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
free period is when seasonal hires don't gain seniority correct? so I was told that rule doesn't apply to me being a FT off the street permanent hire. they said I'd start gaining seniority after 30 days. I see different things on here but the guys here locally say that's true UNLESS I was seasonal. FT I'd start gaining seniority during peak according to them
You can qualify at any time. They just don't normally do it during free periods.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
There you go with your pessimism again... Where I'm at now they're opening up more hubs... Somebody has to drive those trucks, and I already have my license and experience. HR has already asked me if that's what I'm interested in, of course they said I have to become a full time driver first, but a feeder position doesn't seem far off in my area.
feeder bids would be posted and bid on by already seniority FT drivers and such. If you're just starting out on the bottom of the list or no seniority, there will be guy's taking that way before you. It doesn't matter your experience or how hard you work. It's seniority based.

AutoZone

BrownPower
so can a regular non seasonal employee gain seniority during the "free period"?
In my hub, if you were hired before the start of peak season, you can still gain seniority during peak... whether it's loading, unloading, preload, or driving. If you're hired after the start of peak, then no, you cannot gain seniority, and will have to wait until after January 15th I believe, and put in 30 consecutive working days after the end of peak. They didn't keep any of the Unloaders/sorters on my side from last peak at my hub. All were gone by the beginning of February.

optikz

In my hub, if you were hired before the start of peak season, you can still gain seniority during peak... whether it's loading, unloading, preload, or driving. If you're hired after the start of peak, then no, you cannot gain seniority, and will have to wait until after January 15th I believe, and put in 30 consecutive working days after the end of peak. They didn't keep any of the Unloaders/sorters on my side from last peak at my hub. All were gone by the beginning of February.
what region are u in? I asked the center manager to confirm and he said if I were seasonal, I would not gain any seniority until Jan 15h. I guess this is different depending on region?

AutoZone

BrownPower
what region are u in? I asked the center manager to confirm and he said if I were seasonal, I would not gain any seniority until Jan 15h. I guess this is different depending on region?
I was hired Sept 28th, and had my seniority before peak officially started.. so I'd say if you were hired before Sept 28th last month, you'll get seniority before peak as well..

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I was hired Sept 28th, and had my seniority before peak officially started.. so I'd say if you were hired before Sept 28th last month, you'll get seniority before peak as well..
peak starts October 15th. How did you gain seniority before peak started if you started on September 28th?

You seriously don't have a clue of what you're talking about and should not be giving anyone any "advice " at ups rookie.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You'll more than likely drive thru peak.. but classified as a seasonal driver and you'll need to qualify your 30 days next year after Feb 1st..

If you're hired after the start of peak, then no, you cannot gain seniority, and will have to wait until after January 15th I believe, and put in 30 consecutive working days after the end of peak.

Boy, that @Orion inc. is right, you really have no clue what you are talking about. Which is it Feb 1st or Jan 15th? You should stick to trying to convince yourself you are right rather than other new employees.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Boy, that @Orion inc. is right, you really have no clue what you are talking about. Which is it Feb 1st or Jan 15th? You should stick to trying to convince yourself you are right rather than other new employees.
So I had my days mixed up when I posted that 1st post... I know that in my hub, Feb 1st is when some tcd's came back in the hub for a couple weeks.. Jan 15 was the cut off for peak, and 2 weeks later is when they put some guys back in the hub (so they didn't get to qualify their 30).. why are you guys so literal?? Like it's the end of the world of someone misquotes some advice by a few days.. at least I'm giving advice to help people instead of being A holes just talking smack like all of you. Every one of those tcd's tho, never came back in the hub after March. They have driven the entire year! That's ft in my book.. I'll take that!

You whiney little :censored2: are so funny.. this job is a piece of cake!! Maybe it's cause I've had jobs that are physically demanding, long hours, unappreciated by management, that I've been bred for this... it's not hard at all!! The hardest thing on a daily basis for me is what time should I take my lunch and where!! I'm averaging 180-200 stops and back in the hub by 7ish everyday.. lol you guys are all babies that complain.. go find another job where you think you'll make the same money, with job security, same benefits, just for showing up to work.. you can't.. so shut your mouths and get to work.. quit complaining.. it's soooo harddddd... whoaaaa is meeee... my truck is bricked.. waaaaahhhh... I open my back door and like yessss$$$$

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So I had my days mixed up when I posted that 1st post... I know that in my hub, Feb 1st is when some tcd's came back in the hub for a couple weeks.. Jan 15 was the cut off for peak, and 2 weeks later is when they put some guys back in the hub (so they didn't get to qualify their 30).. why are you guys so literal?? Like it's the end of the world of someone misquotes some advice by a few days.. at least I'm giving advice to help people instead of being A holes just talking smack like all of you. Every one of those tcd's tho, never came back in the hub after March. They have driven the entire year! That's ft in my book.. I'll take that!

You whiney little :censored2: are so funny.. this job is a piece of cake!! Maybe it's cause I've had jobs that are physically demanding, long hours, unappreciated by management, that I've been bred for this... it's not hard at all!! The hardest thing on a daily basis for me is what time should I take my lunch and where!! I'm averaging 180-200 stops and back in the hub by 7ish everyday.. lol you guys are all babies that complain.. go find another job where you think you'll make the same money, with job security, same benefits, just for showing up to work.. you can't.. so shut your mouths and get to work.. quit complaining.. it's soooo harddddd... whoaaaa is meeee... my truck is bricked.. waaaaahhhh... I open my back door and like yessss$$$$

They're so cute when they're young

SMH!!!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
why are you guys so literal?? Like it's the end of the world of someone misquotes some advice by a few days.. at least I'm giving advice to help people instead of being A holes just talking smack like all of you.

Thats what you don't understand, to some of these people, a few days of working and collecting a paycheck or a few days of NOT working and trying to decide to stay or find a source of money IS the end of the world. So yeah donkey, when you are still shiiting out driving school chow and trying to give advice that is off by two weeks, I am being literal and an AZ hole.

LMAO!!!!

Being the parts girl at Autozone is not quite the same but keep telling yourself that and keep telling everyone how awesome you are. I'm sure some fish or seasonal helpers will get all star struck and believe you. The rest of us just think you are full of BS, but good luck to ya.

Orion inc.

I like turtles

It is clear you have

NEVER

READ

THE

CONTRACT!!!

TCDs that drive until March are FT in "your book?" No :censored2:. They aren't. Here's how it works. If the the TCD gets more than 156 reports, the union files a grievance to force ups to create a bid for FT and post it going to the highest senior person on the bid sheet.

As far as your claims of "this job is sooo easy and you're doing 180-200 stops a day". It's easy when you're put on a peak resi routes with no bus stops, or pick ups and your dispatch is set a certain way because you are "training ". You do understand this right? No because you're stupid.

Now that you've proved to the company that you can run and gun at 180-200 a day, you will be held to this standard or higher from now on. Good going genius. Let's see if you can keep this up for 30 plus years when you're what,70?

And I'm pretty sure your truck isn't bricked out every day yet but it will be.

Better follow that Orion trace and dig that 8000 sequence when youre bricked out bigguy or that on road will DQ you.

Put in your letter for FT on road management now. Since you know it all and you've had 20 minutes of driving experience on one peak created junk route, you should be center manager by no time big guy.

You're a joke. It's the reason you only comment in this thread with all the new hires. Because anyone who's been at ups longer than you knows you don't know what you're talking about.

You haven't a clue. Even @Faceplanted said you don't know what's in store for peak.

But hey I'm sure you're tearing it up out there. Not like you would come on here and say what you're really going through. You're probably having your ass handed to you left and right. I'm waiting for your "accident because I was running and gunning " thread.

But that'll never happen because you can't admit you're ever wrong. You must work in the BOG with Dave.

Except you work in Orlando and I can tell you that you're getting your ass handed to you out there because that's one of the worst run hubs in Florida.

AutoZone

BrownPower
Thats what you don't understand, to some of these people, a few days of working and collecting a paycheck or a few days of NOT working and trying to decide to stay or find a source of money IS the end of the world. So yeah donkey, when you are still shiiting out driving school chow and trying to give advice that is off by two weeks, I am being literal and an AZ hole.

LMAO!!!!

Being the parts girl at Autozone is not quite the same but keep telling yourself that and keep telling everyone how awesome you are. I'm sure some fish or seasonal helpers will get all star struck and believe you. The rest of us just think you are full of BS, but good luck to ya.
You're too busy paying attention to the stalker to know anything about me.. I was a parts manager for an Acura dealer, then a service manager for small Honda dealer and Ford, then took an opportunity for building the new parts department an up and coming dealer in my area, that worked out well, but not happy sitting behind a desk.. but then had the opportunity for the past 6 months to be the service manager at the largest Honda dealer in my area, averaging 1800-2400 a week... now I'm sure you'll be like yeaaaa, right, whatever.. I've already posted my paycheck stubs to prove the stalker wrong.. but it's the truth that he just can't fathom.. then you'll be like why would you ever leave that for driving ups trucks.. the simple answer is the end result.. is UPS doesn't work out, I can be a service manager at any dealer in the area. Yes, I'm that good.. I just hate the car business after being in it for 16 years... so I'm trying this out, and maybe in 25-30 years I can retire... in the car business, u can't plan on that... I can walk into work any given day at a dealer, and get a notice that management had changed, or the dealer sold and they gave their own people.. or I can just Lose it on someone and lose my job.. that's why I'm leaving that industry and hoping a solid union job with a great company does what I need it to do.. so there's my story, and if you choose to listen to whatever the stalker says, have fun with that and your AutoZone talk.. :)