Forum issues?

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Hi Cheryl, I have a suggestion or a request. However you want to look at it.

Problem: I was in the middle of replying to a post when you went offline for maintenance. I had spent 15 or 20 minutes drafting this reply. It was all lost.

Solution: (I hope) LOL The Pogo game site has a pop up that announces when it is getting ready to shut down for maintenance and displays a clock with a countdown. Can you, would you please check into something like this. Thanks ever so much.
Now that's frustrating. It's happened to me a few times over the years, although it's usually something I hit accidentally that took my browser to a different page. Glad to know the auto save really works :)

Just so you know, I did put up a notice on the top of every page for about 20 minutes before taking the site offline, you would have had to load a page to have seen it though. That wasn't enough to warn someone that was on one page the whole time.

Thanks for the suggestion of a pop up type warning, I'll look into it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Now that's frustrating. It's happened to me a few times over the years, although it's usually something I hit accidentally that took my browser to a different page. Glad to know the auto save really works :)

Just so you know, I did put up a notice on the top of every page for about 20 minutes before taking the site offline, you would have had to load a page to have seen it though. That wasn't enough to warn someone that was on one page the whole time.

Thanks for the suggestion of a pop up type warning, I'll look into it.
Ya, no I didn't see the notice. LOL And I have lost work as well by doing the same thing as you mentioned. It is very frustrating. The pogo site was mentioned to me and I thought it sounded like a really good idea. Thanks for checking in to it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I read it an appreciate that you know in part where I am coming from.
I do, Dave. I do. And I would never be stupid enough (at least I like to think I wouldn't) to try and take that away from you. It is not mine to take away. I hope that you understand where I am coming from. :happy2:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The last site update was mid December, but I don't think that was supposed to have changed the fonts on the full version of the site. It did change a lot of things about the mobile style though.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, thanks......now I need to find Bob and see what he changed while he was doing something with my computer. What hole would he be on at 9:15 AM ? ....hmmmmm?

moreluck

golden ticket member
The problem was definitely on my side. I have incredimail and I have a puppy notifier that comes on the screen and barks when I get an e-mail. Well, the dog doubled in size since yesterday. So, the font wasn't changed.....just made bigger. Somebody pushed a button they weren't suppose to.

old levi's

blank space
I don't know what is going on. I got to this thread through a back door. I don't even see this in my forum list. I cannot 'mark forums read'. I have IE and it is acting screwy. I am not having a problem with any of my other sites. Have cleared cache and cookies.
Back door works for me!:wink2: