Fred's Amelia Earhart Analogy

TUT

OK, Give us the kind of pay that the NASA folk have and when our jobs disappear we'll have something to fall back on. Crapping all over us for 20 years and then suddenly booting us out the door will likely spark a few riots.

Weak. It isn't relevant what you were making except say min wage, it's all the same stuff that many have gone through. The good news is since Express now makes squat it will be much easier to find an equal replacement and perhaps an employer that treats you better. I wasn't aware this was a 20 year thing going on over there.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This almost sounds like a threat.What does bbsam have to worry about? Ground will eventually grow to the point where FedEx will have to designate the drivers as employees, effectively cutting out the middle man. bbsam is a smart business man who I am sure has an exit plan already in place.
First of all there was no threat intended. How could I even make a threat like one that would have to come from FedEx/FDX? I suppose you never heard the expression "reality comes a calling" either? That said, BBsam's big enough to defend himself without you and your hand holding retort. Why don't you just go back to the UPS discussions or are they tired of your attitude over there as well?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Remember that someday when Ground contractors are faced with "unappealing choices." In other words, don't get too comfortable. Just sayin'.

First of all there was no threat intended. How could I even make a threat like one that would have to come from FedEx/FDX? I suppose you never heard the expression "reality comes a calling" either? That said, BBsam's big enough to defend himself without you and your hand holding retort. Why don't you just go back to the UPS discussions or are they tired of your attitude over there as well?

"In other words, don't get too comfortable. Just sayin'"

I will post whenever and wherever I want. Yes, it's all about me.

DontThrowPackages

This almost sounds like a threat.

What does bbsam have to worry about? Ground will eventually grow to the point where FedEx will have to designate the drivers as employees, effectively cutting out the middle man. bbsam is a smart business man who I am sure has an exit plan already in place.
I agree, ground will continue to grow and grow but I don't feel drivers will ever become employees of the company. This would be like coming full circle not to mention the company enjoys too much the Buffer between IO's their bosses.

vantexan

Weak. It isn't relevant what you were making except say min wage, it's all the same stuff that many have gone through. The good news is since Express now makes squat it will be much easier to find an equal replacement and perhaps an employer that treats you better. I wasn't aware this was a 20 year thing going on over there.

You were making a comparison between us and others in the same boat. But it's not the same as highly paid professionals. And yes, FedEx has been hitting our paychecks and stripping our benefits for close to 20 years now. If you are going to ask why didn't I quit way back then, I did. They came up with some better money after I quit for topped out couriers about a year after I quit. What I tried didn't work out, came back after away about 17 months, told I would top out in 7 to 8 years. Just one of many lies. Hindsight being 20/20 I shouldn't have quit. But I think I've more than paid for that mistake. And like so many others in mid-range will never be rewarded. But I'm here to stay, there's little out there to move into, especially if you are older with health issues. But I bet if you are laid off after a highly paid career you are in a better position to deal with it than a FedEx courier, especially in mid-range.