Full Timers bump Part Timers

Trollbe Bryant

you keep your thoughts to yourself, and you'll get ate alive. However, you do have to pick your battles.

Also, wait awhile. You havent seen but a small part of what this place is like in just 2 weeks.
i'll listen to what my sup has taught me. worked out well so far. in 2 weeks i've seen all i need to. I show up to work, get it done, and leave. What everyone else should do. It's a job, NOT a sorority

BrownBrokeDown

i'll listen to what my sup has taught me. worked out well so far. in 2 weeks i've seen all i need to. I show up to work, get it done, and leave. What everyone else should do. It's a job, NOT a sorority
lmao. ok. Wait for a year or two until they screw you for the first time. And they will. Every learns.

SquirrelBoggie

Anyway, I'm gonna go talk to the full timer today and see what's up, he's actually a cool guy, he just has gripes with loading and don't want to do it and he misses his airport job and hates twilight hours.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
TB has the right attitude. Punch in, do your job, shut your mouth, punch out, go home.

Until you get bumped off your job.

You have every right, and you should, open your mouth and ask questions to find out why you are able to get bumped.

It should not be.....put me where you need me and I will ask no questions.

It should be....why was I taken off the pick off and put into a trailer?

And if the contract does not allow it, fight for your rights.

If the contract allows it, ask your sup which trailers he want you to unload.

1000RR

Check your local, here a full time insider that bid on a job must adhere to that job. If you bid full time load/carwash then you can't bump someone off the pickoff. If his job was eliminated then he can bump you provided he has more company seniority than you. That is how it works here. Your part of the woods may be different. Also part timers are entitled to bid positions. There should be a part time job preference sheet up in your area.

5habits100

Recently we had a couple of Full Timers who had to change jobs come to our load area, their job was twilight load/midnight clerk, one of the FTers didn't like loading so he took the pickoff test, past and bumped one of the part timers whose been here for 9 yrs, my question is can a full timer do that if "Pickoff" isn't one of their bid jobs to begin with?[/

Article 3, Section 5 applies in the Central

5habits100

Recently we had a couple of Full Timers who had to change jobs come to our load area, their job was twilight load/midnight clerk, one of the FTers didn't like loading so he took the pickoff test, past and bumped one of the part timers whose been here for 9 yrs, my question is can a full timer do that if "Pickoff" isn't one of their bid jobs to begin with?
Article 3, Section 5 applies in the Central.

Overpaid Union Thug

Must be troll time on Brown Cafe, guess I'll stop being lazy and dust off that trusty Union book, :censored2: it while I'm at it might as well start grieving for every :censored2:ing thing at the hub from them freezing and shipping the 22.3 jobs away to other hubs, not honoring article 22.3, to the bull:censored2: Full Timer that comes out of nowhere to push people out of their job cause they can't load, to all the full timers who think they can do an easy/easy job, I'm just about to start filing grievances
We've had a few posted jobs "frozen" and then disappear. Including 22.3. They, along with work we used to have, all were "moved" to the hub. That is where allot of our work has mysteriously ended up going during the past 15-20 years. We might as well just close the building and operate in the hub. LOL!