Garage door codes

UnionGuy

Almost every mobile tool dealer I have been to has a secure location set up to DR in and for good reason. The stuff we deliver is his/her livelihood and expensive. These customers provide us with steady high volume, putting stuff where they want it so it doesn’t get stolen is service we should provide.

100% of your paycheck and benefits flow from the customers. Not UPS, not Teamsters. It all comes from the customers.. the shippers and receivers.
PM his address please

Rack em

Made the Podium
I used to cover a country route a couple years ago and I was chastised for NOT bringing stuff into farmers garages lol. Customers weren't mad or anything, but the regular driver told me to either deliver everything to rear doors or garages because no one in the country uses their front door.

Now I have my own country route and he was right. At first I delivered stuff to rear doors or where ever looked like they entered their house. Then when getting to know customers I ask where they prefer their deliveries and 95% said in the garage and that the previous driver left them there. I chose to wait until the customers gave me permission, but I don't have one customer that would have minded me just putting their stuff in the garage without asking them.

Of course it's always good to use your judgement, but if you know your customers you shouldn't have to worry about simply entering their garage. A lot of country routes have good people on them that over the years have learned to trust their Ups drivers. Although I wouldn't blame a driver for not wanting to go into a garage at all. Absolutely do what makes you the most comfortable!

JJinVA

Had a customer who ordered an engine block in a wooden crate. Label said 150lbs but I know that shizz was over 150, cause I can move 150 no problem, this one made me feel like I was gonna shizz my pants.

Got to the house, driveway had 4 cars in it, and a mound of dirt that went from one edge of the driveway to the other.

DR FD (Remarks: MAILBOX)

Im out.

Est.1998

Had a customer who ordered an engine block in a wooden crate. Label said 150lbs but I know that shizz was over 150, cause I can move 150 no problem, this one made me feel like I was gonna shizz my pants.

Got to the house, driveway had 4 cars in it, and a mound of dirt that went from one edge of the driveway to the other.

Im out.
Doesn't 150lbs exceed the weight limit?
Anything like that should be freight.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Drury Lane
Does he live next to the

Im out.
Would have sheeted as overweight and made the customer come pick it up at the center.

JJinVA

Doesn't 150lbs exceed the weight limit?
Anything like that should be freight.
I dont know if its different at different centers but our limit is 150. Though I know I saw a gun safe come down the belt one day and it took 4 men to move it to the belts... yeah, they must have known someone on the inside to get that one through.

Had an irreg next day air from the air trailer come down one day that had a label on it that said 3lbs. Bout shizzed my pants on that one too. Think they left a few digits out on that one

PT Car Washer

I dont know if its different at different centers but our limit is 150. Though I know I saw a gun safe come down the belt one day and it took 4 men to move it to the belts... yeah, they must have known someone on the inside to get that one through.

Had an irreg next day air from the air trailer come down one day that had a label on it that said 3lbs. Bout shizzed my pants on that one too. Think they left a few digits out on that one
150lb weight limit and a couple times we have had car parts or irregs exceed the weight limit. Call the customer and have them pick it up at the building. No weight limit for air shipments I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.

JJinVA

150lb weight limit and a couple times we have had car parts or irregs exceed the weight limit. Call the customer and have them pick it up at the building. No weight limit for air shipments I believe. Correct me if I am wrong.
If I can lift it I dont really mind. Its the deceptive ones that say they weigh something that they really dont that kinda piss me off. I dont know who the driver was that got that gun safe, but I know it ruined their day lol

Delivery drivers at our center have a weight limit of 150lbs. Anything over that is freight. But Im sure that the planes have weight limits due to having to balance the center of gravity etc. but I dont know about the plane/freight weight limits

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

Pretty sure 150 max across the board in package, even if it’s Air. We do have an air cargo division that handles heavier stuff but generally it’s airport to airport. See local freight carriers at our air hub picking up pallets and containers all the time.

BrownStains

I always dr in the front, side or garages. Never dr if it prompts to go to backyard unless they don’t have anywhere in the front. Never had any complaints from anybody as far as I’m aware. But It’s good customer service to put The packages where they want , I’ll usually ask.

Don't be an antisocial robot and run to your truck. Descelate move the box where he wants it. he's a valuable customer. Bite your tongue and tell him why you didn't feel comfortable going in garage.

You're the company image encounters can sour a lifetime of "thank you ups" into "I'll never use UPS again if I can help it. "

Est.1998

Don't be an antisocial robot and run to your truck. Descelate move the box where he wants it. he's a valuable customer. Bite your tongue and tell him why you didn't feel comfortable going in garage.

You're the company image encounters can sour a lifetime of "thank you ups" into "I'll never use UPS again if I can help it. "
I googled this word
and it asked did i mean "de-escalate".
I said, hold up let me ask him.