Gas Prices

MAKAVELI

Gas prices at 1.85 and I said 1.86......So I was off by a penny.....Big damn deal!! Troll !

Jan 09 was still Bush 'til dummy was sworn in.
Sorry but the dummy was the one who created the recession( Bush ). Which in turn caused gas prices to plummet just as he left office and the economic crisis for Obama. You see there's this thing called supply and demand. When demand plummeted because of the economic crisis Bush created, supply went up and prices dropped. You also conveniently forgot gas prices spiked many times during the Bush years to over $4 a gallon.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It was the price of gas in this country....like the average. Nowhere did I say it was the CALIFORNIA price. Learn to READ!

You have said over and over that YOU paid 1.86 something for gas.. that is a not true. You got called out.

Next time, try using facts. The average price of gas in california WASNT under 2 bucks during the bush administration.

You cant claim prices were 1.86 when you have NO CLUE what they were in other states.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Paid $2.71 yesterday. Whole tank cost me about 25 bucks, and will last me at least a month. My daily driver was less than $14,000 brand new and gets almost 40 mpg. And I've still got my V8 truck sitting on 36" mudders in the driveway for my trips to the lake... it's all about choices.

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Since your graph are " adjusted for inflation " , would you in the future kindly adjust all graphs for the decline of purchasing power, too.
{ Funny how the present administration does not include gasoline prices into their equations for inflation } .

moreluck

golden ticket member
You have said over and over that YOU paid 1.86 something for gas.. that is a not true. You got called out.

Next time, try using facts. The average price of gas in california WASNT under 2 bucks during the bush administration.

You cant claim prices were 1.86 when you have NO CLUE what they were in other states.

TOS.
The price that's always quoted by the news is the average price paid by Americans across the entire country. Prices were what I Said and you are just trying to make up stuff........I won't put up with troll crap!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The price that's always quoted by the news is the average price paid by Americans across the entire country. Prices were what I Said and you are just trying to make up stuff........I won't put up with troll crap!!

You only have to put up with your "own" crap. You are the one constantly saying you were paying under 2 bucks for gas under BUSH. The facts are simple, that is NOT true.

The last time californians paid under 2 bucks for gas was under the Clinton administration.

You cant say that you "remember" when gas was 1.86 under bush, when you didnt participate in that price range.

Just like today, you want to say the opposite. You cry about 3.85 for premium gas but you dont say that the national average is right about 3 bucks a gallon going to under 3 bucks in the next week or so.

Take away taxes per gallon and gas nationally is under $2.60 a gallon.

Factor in , that during the bush administration, miles per gallon were half of what they are today, and also factor in that OBAMA has forced the auto makers to design cars that get over 30 mpg and that is leading to the GLUT of oil in this country, and you can see the difference between the two presidents.

Today, consumption is WAY down, and NOT because of a ginormous recession caused by right wing policies, but rather, because of the vision of a president who is doing everything possible to get people to consume less, whether by driving higher mileage gasoline burning cars or alternative energy vehicles.

There is more oil today in the market than in the last 50 years.

Again, another reason why the Xl pipeline is a waste of time, just "we" have said over and over.

Maybe you should try not exaggerating your "pain at the pump".

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
There's no pain at the pump for me....I just push the wheelbarrow of cash to the clerk!!!

I faced the dentist this morning....facing you is nothing....troll.

M

MenInBrown

Less of a demand And over supply is causing the prices to drop. It's indicative of our economy as well as the world economy. There is no growth. Best believe when you get real growth and we get out of this forever recession, prices will be $4 again.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
A downgrade in global oil consumption forecasts; projections for another big boost in shale oil; and reluctance by OPEC members to cut output.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

It would be a catastrophe for "HIM". The Saudi Prince in charge of OPEC has stated his comfort with prices set at $70 a barrel. With prices at $70 a barrel, western countries would be less likely to find other sources of oil.

The prince in your link is only concerned for his holdings.

Russia is being CRUSHED and the ruble turning into garbage with the collapse of the oil prices.

The pain for Russia is greater than any sanctions the US could ever impose, and Russia is losing BILLIONS of dollars as oil collapses.

Putin has now ordered his troops to back off of ukraine. He knows his country will be brought to the brink of a depression should oil continue to drop below 75 dollars a barrel.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
A downgrade in global oil consumption forecasts; projections for another big boost in shale oil; and reluctance by OPEC members to cut output.

Sort of true, but mostly not.

OPEC during the BUSH administration, when prices were the highest in HISTORY, was operating all production sites at 99.9% output. BUSH repeatedly told us that there wasnt any more oil to get and demand was exceeding supply.

The price of oil collapsed in the 5 months before the 2008 election after all time highs and when Obama took office, OPEC began to cut production of its oil wells. Slowly, they cut production back to keep prices higher and for the most part it worked.

President Obama, who forced oil companies to either use off shore leases or LOSE them increased domestic production, and OPEC continued to cut production. Today, OPEC isnt operating at 65% of capacity.

SO the question becomes, how during the BUSH administration was OPEC operating at 99.9% of capacity and there was a "shortage" with prices being skyhigh, and now OPEC is operating at near 65% capacity and there is a glut of oil?

OPEC cannot cut production any further. The speculators on wall street cant drive up the price anymore. OIL is being discounted to levels unseen in 40 years and OPEC cant give it away. China isnt buying extra because they dont have the capacity to store anymore oil. Japan isnt buying and the US is slowly weaning off of OPEC.

I for one, would like to see the oil business collapse and the per barrel price near 30 dollars where it belongs.

TOS.

wkmac

It would be a catastrophe for "HIM".

The prince in your link is only concerned for his holdings.

Thank you Captain Obvious!

The Saudi Prince in charge of OPEC has stated his comfort with prices set at $70 a barrel. With prices at $70 a barrel, western countries would be less likely to find other sources of oil.

Russia is being CRUSHED and the ruble turning into garbage with the collapse of the oil prices.

The pain for Russia is greater than any sanctions the US could ever impose, and Russia is losing BILLIONS of dollars as oil collapses.

Putin has now ordered his troops to back off of ukraine. He knows his country will be brought to the brink of a depression should oil continue to drop below 75 dollars a barrel.

TOS.

Hmmm! The US and Saudi Royals are tight. Royals are not in power without US might. US Global money/business interests don't like the threat from Russian money/business interests and Russian oil plays a major roll in helping Russia be a global player to challenge US hegemony. Could something be afoot between the US interests (political and economic) and the Royals? Somewhere in the mix I've always suspected so.

Drop in oil would also help the economy so another incentive by either political party to welcome this as well. The trend has been that both parties have been losing the trust of the public and a positive economic bounce from lower oil prices serve both well politically.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Thank you Captain Obvious!

Hmmm! The US and Saudi Royals are tight. Royals are not in power without US might. US Global money/business interests don't like the threat from Russian money/business interests and Russian oil plays a major roll in helping Russia be a global player to challenge US hegemony. Could something be afoot between the US interests (political and economic) and the Royals? Somewhere in the mix I've always suspected so.

Drop in oil would also help the economy so another incentive by either political party to welcome this as well. The trend has been that both parties have been losing the trust of the public and a positive economic bounce from lower oil prices serve both well politically.

Of course there is a connection.

US sanctions were having a minor effect on Russia for their involvement in the Ukraine and with OIL collapsing, the powers that be are finally understanding that going after Russia directly through the oil market would have a greater affect on the russian economy.

Today, Russia is losing BILLIONS of dollars as investors flee the russian market. Russia has had to pump in billions of their own money to avoid going into a deeper recession.

Time will tell how much damage Russia suffers. Until Russia leaves the Ukraine area, oil will remain low enough to hurt them.

Once they leave, prices will go up once again.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There_Has_Been_A_Massive-a2a3d67429ab323357069a8a61f14b32

wkmac

2 interesting points from Jim Rogers on oil.

NEW DELHI: Even as crude oil prices have dipped to all-time lows, Jim Rogers of Rogers Holdings told ET Now that the decline is ‘artificial’. “Some of this (oil price decline) is artificial. OPEC is trying to drive down prices because of Shale competition. The oil situation is very artificial at the moment.”

“It looks like a lot of people are dumping. This is artificial. Though I would not be dumping oil myself,” Rogers said. Asked about the US Shale gas boom, Rogers said, The Shale boom will not continue very strong especially if prices do come down. That is high cost oil, and remember those are very short lived wells,” Rogers said. “The production runs down very quickly,” he added.

Recent Decline in Crude Oil Price Artificial

bbsam

Staff member
Arent all oil prices artificial? Whether it's war in the midle east or shale in North Dakota, the oil powerhouses always manipulate price.