Gas Prices

rod

Retired 22 years
Urban sprawl is killing many tracks that were built out in the country away from people. Now the new neighbors complain about the noise from the track that was there before them. There is a short track about 3 miles away from me that I can hear in summer with my windows open but it doesn't bother me.

I attend almost every township meeting so when these crybabies come in complaining about the dirt track I love to show them old airel maps taken in the early 70's that show nothing but a couple of farms that are anywhere near the dirt track.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I would be happy to pay the Nt'l average of $3.67 (june 19, 2014). We are presently about $4.09 at our local station.

What is it about facts that escape you??

Do some math.

Our price avg $4.09 a gallon. City, State, Highway, Federal taxes = .85 cents a gallon.

Subtract the "taxes" that other states DONT HAVE and you are paying $3.24 a gallon here in california.

You cant compare states without taxes to our state with the most taxes on fuel. We are a bigger state than the rest and our infrastructure costs more money.

If you dont like taxes on fuel, blame your republican buddies here in california along with Gov terminator who INSURED you would be paying the highest taxes on gasoline in the years to come.

Those are facts. You may want to ignore them, but they are not ignoring you everytime you fill up.

TOS.

oldngray

nowhere special
All I said was our pump said $4.09 a gal......Bye Felicia !!

Apparently TOS believes gas isn't taxed in other states too.

UsaTaxMapApril2014.png

http://www.ohiogasprices.com/USA_Tax_Map.aspx

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hey moreluck,

I dont hear you applauding the drastic drop in fuel prices? Oil is crashing on the world markets as the saudi's attempt to reign in Russia with oil prices below 80 dollars a barrel. That means under 3bucks to you at the pump including taxes.

Oil inventories are at ALL TIME records around the world.

America is overproducing for the third year in a row.

Speculators see oil dropping to record lows for the season...

Maybe its time to say "thank you" , eh moreluck?

TOS.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hey moreluck,

I dont hear you applauding the drastic drop in fuel prices? Oil is crashing on the world markets as the saudi's attempt to reign in Russia with oil prices below 80 dollars a barrel. That means under 3bucks to you at the pump including taxes.

Oil inventories are at ALL TIME records around the world.

America is overproducing for the third year in a row.

Speculators see oil dropping to record lows for the season...

Maybe its time to say "thank you" , eh moreluck?

TOS.
Sad part about it is, most of us are ecstatic about gas being 3 bux a gallon. Isnt that sad?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I still have to put high octane (91) as per the manufacturer.....$3.85 is nothing to cheer about!!
When Obama first came in, gas was like 1.86.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I still have to put high octane (91) as per the manufacturer.....$3.85 is nothing to cheer about!!
When Obama first came in, gas was like 1.86.

You are so full of baloney. Gas wasnt 1.86 in california when bush was in office.. Our taxes alone would keep the price well over 2 bucks a gallon..

Dont exaggerate.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
But a correct one....

Hardly correct. As i said, you NEVER paid 1.86 for gas under BUSH in california, that figure is a national average and NOT indicative of california prices that has an .85 cent per gallon tax on fuel at the time.

Gas would have had to be $1.00 a gallon in order for you to pay $1.86.

Nice try, but you aint close to being correct.

TOS.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You are so full of baloney. Gas wasnt 1.86 in california when bush was in office.. Our taxes alone would keep the price well over 2 bucks a gallon..

Dont exaggerate.

TOS.
It was the price of gas in this country....like the average. Nowhere did I say it was the CALIFORNIA price. Learn to READ!