Geraldo Is Right About People With Hoodies Being Suspect

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think it is even stupider that he apologized. He was making a point, that apppearance does still mean something. Hooded sweatshirts are very popular, you can buy them plain, or for every sport teams, or race team. Its how you wear them, its when you wear them, and why you wear them.
They will most likely never be banned but I believe in some schools they may be worn, but not with the hood up. And why would you in school?

moreluck

golden ticket member
sddxlj.png

I think the point Geraldo was making is very valid, appearances can well draw unwarranted attention because many hoodlums wear them. Geraldo certainly put too much emphasis on the hoodie in his statement. He's a hack reporter and over states just about everything he reports on and leans toward the dramatic. But what he said on this was twisted from what he actually intended.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I think the point Geraldo was making is very valid, appearances can well draw unwarranted attention because many hoodlums wear them. Geraldo certainly put too much emphasis on the hoodie in his statement. He's a hack reporter and over states just about everything he reports on and leans toward the dramatic. But what he said on this was twisted from what he actually intended.
Just about every "thug" on the streets wears a hoodie when it's cold, and even when it's not. ;) . Truly moronic commentary from the king of unwarranted attention, Geraldo.

texan

I agree we should go back to this:
[video=youtube;4bhpXhxP-WU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bhpXhxP-WU[/video]

fethrs

The hoodie is not responsible for his death. its not a joke. I have them too.
It is a means of hiding from view of the public for some, just as pantyhose over the face used to be.
Stores in my area have signs.
no shoes
no shirt
no service
No hoodies
2 students at a time

its not about having a hood when its cold out.
Its about hiding in it.
It is about stuff that dont look right.
Its 75 out, you dont need a hoodie, thats all.
Its not racist, its not profiling, it is common sense. Its gang stuff.
Its the ability to decipher from a guy thats cold when its cold out from a kid that is going to shoot or rob you.
Yeah Geraldo is an idiot. But it was a point he was trying to make, that makes sense, to me, and I guess me only.

Tooner I agree with that, I have hoodies too, love them but I don't hide in them nor do I wear them in hot weather The kids like that gang look and think it's cool. It looks silly and now hoodies have a bad rap cus of that.

bbsam

Staff member

Tooner I agree with that, I have hoodies too, love them but I don't hide in them nor do I wear them in hot weather The kids like that gang look and think it's cool. It looks silly and now hoodies have a bad rap cus of that.

[/QUOT]I thought they liked them because they had sports insignias on them. Alot of the kids that go to the local colleges and universities like them too. Gangbangers?

Returntosender

[/QUOT]I thought they liked them because they had sports insignias on them. Alot of the kids that go to the local colleges and universities like them too. Gangbangers?

thumb.aspx

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And I said no. They have a purpose, the display pride in whatever, and keep you warm. So do stocing caps, so does panty hose. Worn in the wrong way, they can be deadly, as can be rain coats, and maternity clothes. Its about being aware. No one is ever going to ban them, it was a point. Wear it as worn above, no problem. Wear it to hide yourself it is.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I think everyone in Congress should wear a hoodie while on the job.
If they look in the late Sen Byrd's old closet I'm sure they can find plenty of white hoodies for all .