Getting fired for being to slow.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Working slow and doing the least amount of work possible is how you're supposed to work at ups. Management is just envious they're not as slow and incompetent as ur friend and see him as a threat to their positions that's all.
8ju63.gif

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
Hey I'm wanting to know, there is this guy I work with in loading on the midnight shift and he is a real slow worker will he be fired even though he is on the union? And if so how will they go about doing it. It seems like all the people he works with and his sup and the full time manager are doing is trying to scare him to quit by leaving him little hints that he is going to get fired.
No, all he has to say is he is working at a reasonal and safe pace. He doesn't feel safe if he goes any faster. It's all about safety. Once you pull that card they can't say jack :censored2:.

GillEagan

I always look 10 years younger than I am.
Hey I'm wanting to know, there is this guy I work with in loading on the midnight shift and he is a real slow worker will he be fired even though he is on the union? And if so how will they go about doing it. It seems like all the people he works with and his sup and the full time manager are doing is trying to scare him to quit by leaving him little hints that he is going to get fired.

It's possible that they are trying to encourage him to quit. I can't say for UPS, but many companies out there are using all sorts of tactics to encourage employees to quit when they want to get rid of them. The reason for this, former employees that quit can't collect unemployment. The tactics vary and some of them are quite evil. Some one I know was given false information by his supervisor which led to him voluntarily quitting. Basically the supervisor told him that it was his last day and that he was being let go. So when he didn't show up for work the following business day, the company called him to find out why. When he found out his supervisor had lied to him, he got mad and just quit. What he should have done was stayed and put up with the BS until they did fire him. He would have had a better chance of getting unemployment then. The worst that has happened so far, the supervisor turns all of the other employees against you by giving them false information about alleged actions you supposedly have done.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
first of all you should admit you are speaking about yourself.

that is the first step of the 12 point program for working here.

HardknocksUPSer

A union employee shouldn't and cannot be fired if their too slow, they should and do get moved to other areas of the building frequently when too slow of workers, a older guy at my center washes windows on PC's everynight to get his 3.5hrs, yes a real :censored2: up but he deserves a job as well if he's willing to work.

HardknocksUPSer

A union employee shouldn't and cannot be fired if their too slow, they should and do get moved to other areas of the building frequently when too slow of workers, a older guy at my center washes windows on PC's everynight to get his 3.5hrs, he's a real :censored2: up but he deserves a job as well if he's willing to work.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A union employee shouldn't and cannot be fired if their too slow, they should and do get moved to other areas of the building frequently when too slow of workers, a older guy at my center washes windows on PC's everynight to get his 3.5hrs, yes a real :censored2: up but he deserves a job as well if he's willing to work.
Deserves a job?
How about
Entitled to a job?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If they are threatening him for being too slow, then he should really let them see what slow is by following the safe work methods to a T.
Imagine how the sort would have to be slowed down if everyone followed the eight keys to lifting and lowering for every parcel handled.

If they are threatening him for being too slow, then he should really let them see what slow is by following the safe work methods to a T.
Imagine how the sort would have to be slowed down if everyone followed the eight keys to lifting and lowering for every parcel handled.
I bet UPS would call it sabotaging the job or a work slowdown.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A slow worker deserves a job more so than a worker who never shows up for work, right or wrong? Okay then.
You must be 20 years old or less. :sad2:
Your judgment and logic will get better as you approach 25.

Based on your lack of logic:
A slow worker deserves a job more than a worker who kills his/her supervisor.
A slow worker deserves a job more than a worker who steals out of the packages.
A slow worker deserves a job more than a worker who rapes a co-worker on the job.
A slow worker deserves a job more than a worker who pulls all the fire alarms in a UPS facility.
A slow worker deserves a job more than a worker who burns down the hub.

OKAY den?

km3

I bet UPS would call it sabotaging the job or a work slowdown.

I'm sure they would, but it would never hold up. Those are the methods that they train us to use. The very same methods that, at least in my building, people get fake write-ups for not following.

I'm sure they would, but it would never hold up. Those are the methods that they train us to use. The very same methods that, at least in my building, people get fake write-ups for not following.
Tell that to the guy without a paycheck for a couple weeks or months. We all know it is all about production.

HardknocksUPSer

You must be 20 years old or less. :sad2:
Your judgment and logic will get better as you approach 25.

Based on your lack of logic:
A slow worker deserves a job more than a worker who kills his/her supervisor.
A slow worker deserves a job more than a worker who steals out of the packages.
A slow worker deserves a job more than a worker who rapes a co-worker on the job.
A slow worker deserves a job more than a worker who pulls all the fire alarms in a UPS facility.
A slow worker deserves a job more than a worker who burns down the hub.

OKAY den?
Your wasting your time, I don't give a rats ass what you think anyway. Ba bye happy thanksgiving.