Getting ugly

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think "I would not resort to violence. Violence solves nothing" is fairly straightforward.

There are established practices in place to settle labor disputes without resorting to violence.

Qualify that.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You seem to either forget or conveniently disregard the behind-the-scenes diplomatic work that played a role in Grenada.

You seemed to have added that part in with your qualifier, after the fact. There have been many instances where violence solved something, had it not been for the violence there were no other options.

over9five

Staff member
DC2E647E-orig.jpg

Compliments of Menotyou

moreluck

golden ticket member
What amazes me is the authorities are 'thinking' of filing charges. If I went down to the docks and dumped a load of grain and cut the brake lines on some cars, my ass would be in jail so fast........what's their problem??

brown_trousers

That incident was a double-edged sword. I'm sure they wanted to bring attention to their issue, but now they have lost the support of EVERYONE. I personally would never support a union resorting to violence to further their issue. Nothing better than a bunch of terrorists! And worst of all, they give all unions a bad image.

That is one picket line I would be proud to cross!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
That incident was a double-edged sword. I'm sure they wanted to bring attention to their issue, but now they have lost the support of EVERYONE. I personally would never support a union resorting to violence to further their issue. Nothing better than a bunch of terrorists! And worst of all, they give all unions a bad image.

That is one picket line I would be proud to cross!
I don't know. This all sounds like a Republican or Tea Party scam to me, but maybe things did get out of hand.

Remember right now is a very important time in our country and people will lie and cheat to get what they want.

You do not think that company plants, or even Tea Party may have been the rabblerousers rather than the union? The union denies any illegal actions...

When you see those Republicans bus in voters to those silly initial straw polls to gain artificial support, you know they'll do anything for PR.

moreluck

golden ticket member
How is it a tea party scam when union thugs hold guys hostage, commit vandalism, etc ??? The guilty guys were union thugs.......more likely Democratic as the unions are. You would think you would go with the most likely and logical scenario.....'til proven otherwise.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Please give one example of an incident where violence alone resolved the issue.

I can understand the frustration of the longshoremen but resorting to violence will not solve their dispute.

This is where you need an intervention on your behalf. Someone need to tell you to break away from this website and go educate yourself a little. Your wasting away learning nothing in life by posting a dozen plus time a day.

How do you think you received the weekend? Medical benefits? 8 hour workday? Your pension? Working conditions, the list goes on. All of these came mainly from violence and yes people lost their lives so people like you can take it all for granted today!

Burlington Northern is a SCAB outfit. They have a union that follows from city to city under cutting other Unions contracts that favor the contractor that holds that yard. We went through that hear with one of our train yards.

We are under attack as working middle class and if you prefer to stand by and watch others lose everything than there will be no one around to help you when that fight hits your front door.

I myself would rather lose everything fighting than watch it all disappear quitely!!!!!!