Give it up for this guy!

Nimnim

The Nim
I respect the guy for his work ethic, I really respect his safety record. I have to say though, he's been working 51 years, it's really time for some rest at 73. He could be in very good shape and health, but at that age it can literally change from one day to the next.

At this point it's not so much thinking about the company or the customers, but thinking about yourself.

Cementups

Box Monkey
After thinking about this, maybe he HAS to work. Maybe he has been divorced 4-5 times and still has to pay all those money hungry wenches.

thatsmypackage

He is right next to West Bloomfield Township MI; one of the top wealthiest cities in the US. Look it up. Hell he might even live there. Rumor has it that he has been extremely wealthy for many years due to aggressive purchases of tens of thousands of UPS stock shares before UPS went public.
Whatever makes him happy; to each their own.

...and he's already wealthy. That makes it even more sad.

Pickles

Maybe somehow he really likes his job. Keep working as long as you want buddy, you definitely earned it.

And whining about FTers retiring so PTers can go full time is like telling PTers to quit so people without jobs can get hired.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And whining about FTers retiring so PTers can go full time is like telling PTers to quit so people without jobs can get hired.

There is a natural progression that most of us go through in our UPS careers. We are hired to a PT position and make our way up to a FT job. We work our 30 (or more) years then retire, allowing a PTer to move up. Tom has been working for 51 years----my goodness, step aside and enjoy the rest of your life.

Indecisi0n

There is a natural progression that most of us go through in our UPS careers. We are hired to a PT position and make our way up to a FT job. We work our 30 (or more) years then retire, allowing a PTer to move up. Tom has been working for 51 years----my goodness, step aside and enjoy the rest of your life.

Have to agree with Dave. If work is more enjoyable than your home life than I feel sad for you. Unless of course he has no savings (like most drivers) and needs to work until he drops dead.

Whoa. Hold up there a sec. Saying he should retire is your opinion and you have the right to it here. Discussing how "we" progress up the UPS food chain is something where you should at least make others aware of your FT from the street hire past.

Ill take Tom at his age any day as I'm sure he's far safer to drive with than 3/4 of the people we have nowadays, off the street hire or driving through advancement. Bet no ones ever bitched about Tom driving while on his cell phone.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Whoa. Hold up there a sec. Saying he should retire is your opinion and you have the right to it here. Discussing how "we" progress up the UPS food chain is something where you should at least make others aware of your FT from the street hire past.

Ill take Tom at his age any day as I'm sure he's far safer to drive with than 3/4 of the people we have nowadays, off the street hire or driving through advancement. Bet no ones ever bitched about Tom driving while on his cell phone.

Perhaps you should read a little more slowly, especially my first sentence.

Indecisi0n

I work with Tom and he does own a cell phone:

analog_rotary_mobile_phone_6xa7j.jpg

Perhaps you should read a little more slowly, especially my first sentence.

Im well aware of your first sentence and my comprehension skills are switched on.

You said "us" and "our" which some can perceive as inclusion into a group.

If it read "There is a natural progression that most UPSers go through in their career......." Then it comes across different when taking into account the source.

kingOFchester

---my goodness, step aside and enjoy the rest of your life.
Maybe he is enjoying his life. Who are you to tell him to step aside so he can enjoy his life?

Didn't you leave BC so you could enjoy life a while back after posting over a dozen times a day for 6 years? Step aside,and go enjoy life. Please??

Maybe he is enjoying his life. Who are you to tell him to step aside so he can enjoy his life?

Didn't you leave BC so you could enjoy life a while back after posting over a dozen times a day for 6 years? Step aside,and go enjoy life. Please??

He can do all those awesome fun things like locking his door and sitting in the dark.