Global warming

av8torntn

What they can never grasp or accept is there is no proof that any changes were caused by anything humans did. They cannot understand (or are unwilling to do so) that correlation is not causation.

Many things about this are funny. We were supposed to accept, without question, that we were heading into an ice age caused by greenhouse gasses and if we did accept that we cannot question why the earth is getting warmer coming out of an ice age? That's caused by the same greenhouse gasses? Really? Just because you changed the name to climate change? In another 10,000 years will the earth be covered by ice or water? Our government can't even run a health insurance website and we are supposed to believe they can control the climate? Are they serious? Makes you miss the days that the extremists would just plant a tree.

Sportello

Banned
Many things about this are funny. We were supposed to accept, without question, that we were heading into an ice age caused by greenhouse gasses and if we did accept that we cannot question why the earth is getting warmer coming out of an ice age? That's caused by the same greenhouse gasses? Really? Just because you changed the name to climate change? In another 10,000 years will the earth be covered by ice or water? Our government can't even run a health insurance website and we are supposed to believe they can control the climate? Are they serious? Makes you miss the days that the extremists would just plant a tree.
You are making things up, like your realbrown buddy. Questioning is part of science.
The phrase 'climate change' was the brain child of Frank Luntz. He's one of your guys, and even he has come to accept the fact that humans have contributed to global warming.

No one is suggesting that humans can 'control the climate', just that we can take action to mitigate our effect on the planet.

wkmac

1 volcano going off puts more particles in the air than man does in in 100 years.

Try harder than some picture of polution, because look at L.A. in the 70's and then again now.

Much better, and it didn't take much effort.

You should thank republican Richard Nixon who in 1970' signed the Clean Air Act into law and created what we know as the EPA. On a certain level you could say Nixon was the first environmentalist President.

av8torntn

and even he has come to accept the fact that humans have contributed to global warming.

No one is suggesting that humans can 'control the climate', .

Are you in an argument with yourself or is it that you do not accept your "fact" that human activity changed the climate?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Scientific Pantheist Who Advises Pope Francis
The scientist who influenced Laudato Si, and who serves at the Vatican's science office, seems to believe in Gaia, but not in God.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
You should thank republican Richard Nixon who in 1970' signed the Clean Air Act into law and created what we know as the EPA. On a certain level you could say Nixon was the first environmentalist President.
You mistake that since I am not on board with mankind ruining the climate, that I am against being environmentally friendly.

I am for reasonable environmental rules and regulations.

After all, I like clean water and air too.

But just don't drive companies out of business doing it.

Sportello

Banned
You mistake that since I am not on board with mankind ruining the climate, that I am against being environmentally friendly.

I am for reasonable environmental rules and regulations.

After all, I like clean water and air too.

But just don't drive companies out of business doing it.
Or subsidize them for continuing the ruination.