Global warming

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Which shows your lack of understanding. There is nothing scientific about "settled" science. A meaningless term. Also the issue is not settled despite your wishes otherwise.
There is nothing scientific about the claims of the german geologist climate change denier, despite your wishes otherwise.

oldngray

nowhere special
NOAA’s Fabricated “Record Temperatures”

201510_thumb.gif

Note how a huge swathe of South America has been labelled as “record warmest”. And what is this based on?

201510_thumb1.gif

In fact, there is virtually no temperature data available at all for that particular area, including nearly all of Brazil.

The so-called record temperatures in Brazil and neighbouring countries are pure fabrication.

Note also the red splurge across Greenland, which apparently has no data. However, NOAA themselves show that this supposed warmth in Greenland is a lie.

Meanwhile, the much more accurate and comprehensive satellites show current warmth well below previous El Nino peaks in 1998 and 2010, and a declining trend.

trend_thumb.png

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2015/11/21/noaas-fabricated-record-temperatures/

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

201510_thumb.gif

Note how a huge swathe of South America has been labelled as “record warmest”. And what is this based on?

201510_thumb1.gif

In fact, there is virtually no temperature data available at all for that particular area, including nearly all of Brazil.

The so-called record temperatures in Brazil and neighbouring countries are pure fabrication.

Note also the red splurge across Greenland, which apparently has no data. However, NOAA themselves show that this supposed warmth in Greenland is a lie.

Meanwhile, the much more accurate and comprehensive satellites show current warmth well below previous El Nino peaks in 1998 and 2010, and a declining trend.

trend_thumb.png

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2015/11/21/noaas-fabricated-record-temperatures/
What you seem to have trouble understanding, is that it's more complicated than just reading a thermometer, there are a lot of factors. The homogenization methods used by NOAA to ensure accurate readings are peer reviewed and widely accepted.

Why are you so desperate to be a denier? Most people, myself included, don't really care one way or the other. But you seem obsessed with this conspiracy theory. Do you own a lot of Exxon stock or something?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I could have posted from another source but it would be pointless since he would complain about any source that disputes his agenda. Which is why I didn't bother.
Maybe another source next time so I will read.
I have been skeptical of man-made global warming all along so of it turns out correct, I won't be surprised.

oldngray

nowhere special
What you seem to have trouble understanding, is that it's more complicated than just reading a thermometer, there are a lot of factors. The homogenization methods used by NOAA to ensure accurate readings are peer reviewed and widely accepted.

Why are you so desperate to be a denier? Most people, myself included, don't really care one way or the other. But you seem obsessed with this conspiracy theory. Do you own a lot of Exxon stock or something?

Why are you a fanatic on the subject? The issue is not proven one way or another and what does irritate me is people being non scientific and claiming it is "settled". Climate change does exist and naturally occurs. Where the global warming arguments fail is in proving change is man made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

Also what is almost invariably ignored are the effects of variations in solar radiation or effects of volcanoes or other causes that do far more to the environment than the total of all of man's impact.

I don't mind sensible discussions like this with people who I disagree with. I do object when others do nothing but attack and deflect with no support for their own positions.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Why are you a fanatic on the subject? The issue is not proven one way or another and what does irritate me is people being non scientific and claiming it is "settled". Climate change does exist and naturally occurs. Where the global warming arguments fail is in proving change is man made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_does_not_imply_causation

Also what is almost invariably ignored are the effects of variations in solar radiation or effects of volcanoes or other causes that do far more to the environment than the total of all of man's impact.

I don't mind sensible discussions like this with people who I disagree with. I do object when others do nothing but attack and deflect with no support for their own positions.
I'm not the fanatic you are.
The vast majority of scientists agree man made influences are affecting climate change. You are obsessed with your conspiracy theory, and repeatedly come on here making these same tired old arguments. I found it funny at first, now I just feel sorry for you.

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm not the fanatic you are.
The vast majority of scientists agree man made influences are affecting climate change. You are obsessed with your conspiracy theory, and repeatedly come on here making these same tired old arguments. I found it funny at first, now I just feel sorry for you.

The "vast" majority is only a small subset of scientists. And not scientific proof of anything. I haven't been claiming conspiracy. Are you afraid of one? I could easily post links about pressure from the global warming supporters who do pressure and discourage dissent but I haven't done so yet. Not to mention where the funding comes from. I did attempt to have a logical discussion with you but I see it is pointless. You must find those tired old arguments annoying since you are unable to dispute them. You merely resort to attacks, deflection, and name calling which really does indicate how weak your position is.

rickyb

The "vast" majority is only a small subset of scientists. And not scientific proof of anything. I haven't been claiming conspiracy. Are you afraid of one? I could easily post links about pressure from the global warming supporters who do pressure and discourage dissent but I haven't done so yet. Not to mention where the funding comes from. I did attempt to have a logical discussion with you but I see it is pointless. You must find those tired old arguments annoying since you are unable to dispute them. You merely resort to attacks, deflection, and name calling which really does indicate how weak your position is.

watch the documentary "merchants of doubt". it shows the person who did the research that 99% of climate scientists think global warming is man made.

the other interesting thing was how tribe mentality gets people to just follow whatever people in their tribe are doing. so for many conservatives, its to deny climate change. but i just do it based on references and trust.

wkmac

201510_thumb.gif

201510_thumb1.gif

trend_thumb.png

Couldn't help but notice in the first pic, "Land & Ocean Temperature Percentiles" that the most northern and southern clims show no data posted at all yet the rest of the planet is posted. Why is that?