Good God I miss it!!

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Well the paycheck and the job kinda! Some of you know I had quintuple bypass surgery almost 8 mos ago. I am doing real good have some bad days, but trying to get those to zero so I can get back to work. Yea I miss it, all the bull, over dispatch, all the crap yea I miss. My wife homeschools our 4 kids and with me in the mix I am lucky she has not killed me!!!!! Really Ive hidden the shotgun shells and all other ammo. I love her, in a marriage you are not meant to be together 24/7!!!!! hehehe I really enjoy reading all the posts with all the bs and complaining and sit and think man im 34 had major surgery and I know I will be here until I retire. I know it not a doubt in my mind, and boys and girls I cant wait to be back so i can start complaining again!!!!! Im alive doing great, training for my first half marathon, and am stoked. I cant wait until all it 110 percent to get back, so until then please keep griping complaining and everything else we do so well. Man I miss it, really really really, Ive thought of 100 more jobs I could do right now but we know the demands of UPS and I have to wait until by body is UPS ready not "any other job" ready. :happy2:

over9five

Staff member
You miss it a little too much. Are you sure they didn't operate on your brain?

Haha, get well quick. We need you back!

DS

Fenderbender
Not if you are a Union employee since everyone is part of the cooperative.
The Borg are one!
I think Hugh gave 120%.

Make it so #1.
You are out of line #147 of 726
You've been reassigned to Youngstown Ohio.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Last edited:

Indecisi0n

Many people tell us to give 110%. Technically, that is impossible. How can you give 110%, when 100% is all there is? So, let's give 100%. That's impossible too, isn't it? You can't give everyting you've got, without dying. So, if you really really try, how much are you giving, 90%? 95%? 85%? Well, it is hard to tell. In fact, it is often impossible to compare one person's trying with another's. What we mean is, "Try really really hard." We might as well call that 100%, give it 100%. But hey, maybe you can actually try even harder.

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
Goodness Indecision I think you might need to lay off the caffeine, In the words of a very wise master, "do or do not there is not try":happy2: I just want to get behind that big no power steering wheel and yell at the preload sup for all of the damaged packages loaded in my truck. Or laugh at my sup when i have only 10 stops left and he pulls me off area to help another driver 20 minutes away with 5 stops and I need to help him before I deliver my last 10. Or trying to figure out why my pkge car is a automatic but I have to put it in neutral to start it? I kinda miss telling my supe I cant deliver 25 nda before 10:30 then leave the building at 9:45 and I have 10 late nda and then get yelled at for it, I told you I couldnt make it and you told me I could well you were wrong! I kinda miss it when I get a flat in the middle of nowhere and have to wait 3 hours for someone to come change my tire. Then get yelled at when I then dont break trace but wait to get to civilization then take my hour lunch so I can eat and use the bathroom like a human! I kinda miss getting yelled at by a customer because its not my fault he doesnt have $10,000 in money orders ready and Im not going to wait while he walks to the store down the street! Or being completely out of gas only to find out your company credit card has been cancelled and having to wait for a sup to bring me his. Or being "told" to pick up a UPS store and then find out you were told the wrong address so by the time you get to the correct address to pick them up you have to drive to the airport to drop off the nda (this is my favorite since i dont have airport clearance). Or when I get home to find an elevator key card in my pocket and realize I left my license at a high rise building. My all time favorite is getting rear ended by an 18wheeler and my supe not understanding why I want to go to the hospital (i swear i cant make this stuff up)! Or getting an oncall pickup not in your area that has to be picked up by 7 you get there and it is a qvc pakage return. Another thing I love is getting to my first stop which is normally a bulk stop only to realize someone jacked your hand truck!!!!! These are just a few things I miss!

Indecisi0n

Goodness Indecision I think you might need to lay off the caffeine, In the words of a very wise master, "do or do not there is not try":happy2: I just want to get behind that big no power steering wheel and yell at the preload sup for all of the damaged packages loaded in my truck. Or laugh at my sup when i have only 10 stops left and he pulls me off area to help another driver 20 minutes away with 5 stops and I need to help him before I deliver my last 10. Or trying to figure out why my pkge car is a automatic but I have to put it in neutral to start it? I kinda miss telling my supe I cant deliver 25 nda before 10:30 then leave the building at 9:45 and I have 10 late nda and then get yelled at for it, I told you I couldnt make it and you told me I could well you were wrong! I kinda miss it when I get a flat in the middle of nowhere and have to wait 3 hours for someone to come change my tire. Then get yelled at when I then dont break trace but wait to get to civilization then take my hour lunch so I can eat and use the bathroom like a human! I kinda miss getting yelled at by a customer because its not my fault he doesnt have $10,000 in money orders ready and Im not going to wait while he walks to the store down the street! Or being completely out of gas only to find out your company credit card has been cancelled and having to wait for a sup to bring me his. Or being "told" to pick up a UPS store and then find out you were told the wrong address so by the time you get to the correct address to pick them up you have to drive to the airport to drop off the nda (this is my favorite since i dont have airport clearance). Or when I get home to find an elevator key card in my pocket and realize I left my license at a high rise building. My all time favorite is getting rear ended by an 18wheeler and my supe not understanding why I want to go to the hospital (i swear i cant make this stuff up)! Or getting an oncall pickup not in your area that has to be picked up by 7 you get there and it is a qvc pakage return. Another thing I love is getting to my first stop which is normally a bulk stop only to realize someone jacked your hand truck!!!!! These are just a few things I miss!

I totally understand but that has noting to do what I said. You still can't give 110% (or even a 100% ).

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
I totally understand but that has noting to do what I said. You still can't give 110% (or even a 100% ).

Duhh....... You got me, you are better at percentages than I am.

It still doesnt change the fact that I really want to return to work. So instead of feeling like a percentage I just want to feel really really really good! (Is this better no percentages)!

Inthegame

And you want Indecision to lay off the caffeine! Hey good luck my friend I hope you recover quickly and get back to it. Now that's an order, hamburger head!

Cobra Agent

Mandalorian
It is called angina, the meds im on work but not all the time. That is all I am waiting for it for the correct meds. Also the medicine they have me on is a controlled substance and UPS frowns on having drivers behind the wheel while on controlled substances! So before you shout BS about my angina check your....... (gosh so many good jokes to insert here) and get facts straight! And last time I checked running is really good for the heart so what would you have me do "DR Klein" sit on my sofa stuffing chips in my face all day!

air_dr

What caught my attention especially, and I do hope I am understanding you right, is that you are 34 years old and needed to have quintuple bypass heart surgery...I am certainly glad you got the medical care you needed, but I am curious, if its not too personal for me to be asking, how it came to either your or the doctors' attention that you needed such surgery at your relatively young age? I am just a bit older than you; I have not seen a doctor in a good long time for which I only have myself to blame; there is a history of heart trouble on my fathers side of the family, so a part of me has been going "Yikes!" as I have been on this thread, which is probably good as it just might inspire me to get my self to start seeing a doctor regularly.

On a completely different topic, but very much related to the subject of your thread: what do you think of my signature line below?...