Good Grief

GoodGrief

Hello all, I stumbled across this forum surfing the net for FedEx buyout rumors. Well, I found them. I have never seen so many unhappy FedEx employees in my many years of service at FedEx. I have been lurking for a few weeks now, and just have to ask. If you all (or most) here are so freaking unhappy, why don't you just leave and find another job? I consider myself lucky to even be employed. I don't want to stir up trouble, it just blows my mind reading some of the stuff on here. I know I am about to get slammed, but that's ok.....I am a big girl, I can take it...so fire away :peaceful:

55+

question is if your so happy why are you looking for buyout rumours?many people would and have left as opportumities have come.all of this is just inthe meantime..waiting and looking for something better

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Hello all, I stumbled across this forum surfing the net for FedEx buyout rumors. Well, I found them. I have never seen so many unhappy FedEx employees in my many years of service at FedEx. I have been lurking for a few weeks now, and just have to ask. If you all (or most) here are so freaking unhappy, why don't you just leave and find another job? I consider myself lucky to even be employed. I don't want to stir up trouble, it just blows my mind reading some of the stuff on here. I know I am about to get slammed, but that's ok.....I am a big girl, I can take it...so fire away :peaceful:

No slam. but your comment is an easy out for FedEx. Their attitude is the same as your philosophy, so they're probably wishing they had more employees like you willing to take whatever they dish out.

packageguy

Just out of curiosity, Would you take a buy out?
by the way they come here to vent, so let them vent, it makes tomorrow easier to handle.

GoodGrief

No slam. but your comment is an easy out for FedEx. Their attitude is the same as your philosophy, so they're probably wishing they had more employees like you willing to take whatever they dish out.
My attitude? I do my job and they sign my paycheck. I love my job and I'd like to hold on to it as long as I can, that's all there is to my 'philosophy'.

Mr Fedex

Banned
Most of the FedEx hate comes from disgruntled people who probably hate everyone and everything.I feel sorry for them and I can only imagine what their home life is like and i truly hope they find what they are looking for.As you can tell by my name I love my job at FedEx and i get attacked all the time because of it.I am lucky to have a job especially in this horrible economy.Just be careful.Saying that you like your job will get you a lot of hate on this forum.Why?Because they want you to be miserable like them.Don't fall to their level!!!

vantexan

If you've been lurking here then you know your question has been asked and answered many times. If you are happy with what you get, more power to you. You mentioned many years of service. So I'm assuming you are topped out with 5 weeks of vacation, a full 25 year pension or close to it? Many of us will only get the 5 weeks of vacation eventually, assuming FedEx doesn't take that away too or that they make it very difficult to stay on. We've had to accept much less pay and a bleaker future. I hope you aren't expecting us to accept our lot because you feel it's a good deal for you. I can say this repeatedly but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I have never expected or demanded UPS comparable pay and benefits. I've only asked that I get to top out in a reasonable time and get the traditional pension promised repeatedly as part of my compensation. And based on recent years I can't expect either to happen. FedEx however made a pretty good profit last year in a bad economy and is looking to further expand profits this year, much at our expense. Too bad for us folk who don't make much more than starting couriers despite 10+ years of work, huh?

GoodGrief

Most of the FedEx hate comes from disgruntled people who probably hate everyone and everything.I feel sorry for them and I can only imagine what their home life is like and i truly hope they find what they are looking for.As you can tell by my name I love my job at FedEx and i get attacked all the time because of it.I am lucky to have a job especially in this horrible economy.Just be careful.Saying that you like your job will get you a lot of hate on this forum.Why?Because they want you to be miserable like them.Don't fall to their level!!!

I get it, I've worked at places I hated...but instead of bitching about it every day, I went out and found a job Iove. And I figured I would get slammed, but thats ok. And fedex4live, I got your back :)

vantexan

You get attacked because you are obnoxious. If you love your job, fine, but don't tell people they don't have any reason to be disgruntled. Or that they hate everything etc. Childish argument.

Mr Fedex

Banned
but don't tell people they don't have any reason to be disgruntled. Or that they hate everything etc. Childish argument.

These people bragging about how they don't eat any of the food at the free BBQs FedEx gives them sounds like angry people in general to me.That's my opinion.Or when someone says:
OK,that must be why I only ship USPS or UPS.
While he gets 75% off on a far superior product.They sound like they have more than just FedEx issues to me.