Good Lord

vantexan

Wow! Somebody is a poor loser. Sorry to put sour milk in your cereal. Lol

P.S.(Trying to leave but you guys make it so tempting to say something) Just remember that you've won, the next 4 years are on you Democrats. If unemployment remains high, if more and more struggle, then in 2016 the Democrats are toast. The liberal press can't cover for you forever. The stock market tanked for a reason right after the election. Romney had the experience and skill to get the economy up and running but now we've got a President more determined than ever to soak the rich. Money is being taken out of the market because there's little chance now for an improving economy and a greater likelihood of another recession. Better hope that the "fiscal cliff" issue gets resolved as estimates of 12% unemployment are being predicted if it doesn't. If Express is shrinking now what will happen then? There will come a point where FedEx won't have a choice but to lay people off. Some like to say they don't understand how a working man can vote Republican. A gov't designed around giving people things in exchange for votes isn't a gov't that promises a sound economic future. When it comes to a sound economy I prefer it to be in the hands of those who know what they are doing, not in the hands of "vote for me and I'll make sure you have food stamps, birth control, 99 weeks of unemployment, marriage with anyone you like, sex with anyone you like, abortion on demand, no taxes, amnesty for illegals, and anything else I can dream up because, hey, I'm a minority, not some ol' White guy, and that automatically qualifies me to run the world's largest economy, heal the sick, walk on water, yada, yada, yada. Now join hands as I read from the teleprompter...We are the World, We are the Children...come on everybody, sing!!"

Last edited:

DontThrowPackages

Interesting all this talk about the government giving people things in turn for votes is not true. Most Federal money " give away" goes to subsidized people in the Red States. In other words, the majority of "Takers" live in the Red states and they obviously voted Romney.

vantexan

Interesting all this talk about the government giving people things in turn for votes is not true. Most Federal money " give away" goes to subsidized people in the Red States. In other words, the majority of "Takers" live in the Red states and they obviously voted Romney.

Think again. Red State economies run by Republican governors are the top economies in the country. And where do you get the idea that if you live in a Red State you vote Republican? Plenty of Democrats in Red States, plenty of Republicans in Blue States.

MAKAVELI

It sure would be on Obama's shoulders if the economy would tank in the next 4 year's. But Bush didn't have anything to do with the economic downturn even though he was in office for 8 years right? What hypocrisy.

vantexan

It sure would be on Obama's shoulders if the economy would tank in the next 4 year's. But Bush didn't have anything to do with the economic downturn even though he was in office for 8 years right? What hypocrisy.

I think 59 Dano addressed that issue well. But at some point Obama has to take responsibility. It was he who ran up huge deficits that haven't improved things very much and ultimately may have the effect of shutting down Social Security. Servicing the interest on huge debt leaves a lot less to pay for everything else, and as the debt increases that situation will only get worse. Free stuff isn't really free, someone has to pay for it. We need to get away from unearned entitlements and put people back to work. There's an excellent article in Friday's USAToday that addresses the challenges business faces in this environment. And USAToday isn't right leaning but I've noticed they've tried hard in the last few years to take a centrist position.

And I should point out that I've never said Bush had nothing to do with it. His administration certainly played a part, as well as a number of prominent Democrats. Bush actually warned against the loans to unqualified applicants, which was pushed with a lot of pressure on banks by Democrats Dodd and Frank. With a lot of help by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, who's executives were making millions. There are other big players too, some, like Goldman Sachs, of which are big contributors to the Democrat Party and Obama. It's easy to just point fingers at the then President, but if you don't want to be accused of hypocrisy you've got to include ALL involved. The question is, can the current administration lead us out of this morass? Obama demonized the opposition in his campaign, but what will HE do different the next 4 years that will improve on what he did the last four? Give away more money to prop up government unions? Enroll more people on welfare? Higher taxes? See you in 2014 for the mid-terms!

MAKAVELI

Which is exactly why Obama has said it has to be from a balanced approach of taxes and cuts. Of which the Republicans until now have been unwilling to compromise. I guess we will now see if both sides are willing to compromise and see what comes from that. You cannot have this attitude of all or nothing and expect things to change.

vantexan

Which is exactly why Obama has said it has to be from a balanced approach of taxes and cuts. Of which the Republicans until now have been unwilling to compromise. I guess we will now see if both sides are willing to compromise and see what comes from that. You cannot have this attitude of all or nothing and expect things to change.

One of Obama's proposals is to lower the corporate tax rate to 28%. Sounds great, but he wants it on all income earned both domestically and abroad. That would actually increase taxes on business. In the USAToday article they quote a business school professor who said that would push many corporations to move their headquarters overseas, which would protect their overseas earnings. These are the kind of proposals that they can't compromise on. Another problem is the concern that Obama would use any increased revenue to continue spending. He and the Dems have shown little desire to cut spending. We HAVE to get spending down to less than we take in. Not only to eliminate the deficit but to start paying down the debt. It's just not possible to keep adding to the national debt at this point and not expect a crash at some point.

MAKAVELI

Excuses, excuses, excuses. That's all I here from the republicans . Cry me a ****in river! If most Americans including myself have to accept lower wages and benefits as a result of the economy then businesses will just have to accept the fact they have to pay a little bit more in taxes. The truth is we are all in this together and we all going to have to make sacrifices including businesses.

When an NFL team gets a new coach and they end up having a bad season,Ive never seen the coach blame the losing season on the previous coach. The blame Bush thing is sad.Its obvious Obama is not the guy for the job.As it stands right now,Carter and Obama are the WORST presidents in US history.There is no valid argument against this.

MAKAVELI

The reality is this is not an NFL team this is a country and it's a lot more complicated than running an NFL team especially when these economic problems are not just limited to the US but worldwide. So compare apples to apples and not apples to oranges.

MAKAVELI

And everybody was working and nobody was on welfare nobody was receiving any kind of help when a Republican was in office right? The BS just continues.

And everybody was working and nobody was on welfare nobody was receiving any kind of help when a Republican was in office right? The BS just continues.
No but it was better when a Republican was in office.Are you going to deny that? Obama is making it where you are better off staying home and getting unemployment for 99 weeks.You don't see a problem with that?

MAKAVELI

I will repeat myself just like Obama said it has to be balanced with cuts and increases in taxes to the rich. The rich can afford it. If I were a millionaire or billionaire I would have no problem paying a little bit more to help this country that has given me the opportunity to be that rich. All you Republicans act like a rich made all that money on their own when in fact it is the culmination of a lot of hard working people such as yourself and I.

vantexan

Bush extended unemployment benefits as well so what's your point?

The thing you are either not seeing or refusing to admit is the debt got greatly accelerated under Obama and now we are up against a wall. Doesn't matter who did what at this point, what matters is how we get out of it. The Dems believe we can tax our way out of it by taking from those who have more. The Repubs believe that if you take from those who have more then you stunt job growth as those who have more do the hiring. If you grow the economy you have more working, thus more revenue for the government. Either way, the spending must be curbed to the point that the budget is balanced and we can start paying on the debt. The Dems can take every penny the rich have and it won't improve anything if they refuse to stop spending. But stop spending and they lose the support of everyone with an extended hand. It's a vicious cycle, and it's going to end badly.

MAKAVELI

Yea and the end of the world is coming its 2012! Man you republicans are depressing nothing positive. Than tell me why one of the wealthiest individuals in the world, Warren Buffet , backs Obama's plan? I guess he doesn't know anything. Lol. Since the recession began the rich are still rich and many are actually doing better in this economy. Again the plan is not just to tax but cut as well. Got it?

vantexan

Yea and the end of the world is coming its 2012! Man you republicans are depressing nothing positive. Than tell me why one of the wealthiest individuals in the world, Warren Buffet , backs Obama's plan? I guess he doesn't know anything. Lol. Since the recession began the rich are still rich and many are actually doing better in this economy. Again the plan is not just to tax but cut as well. Got it?

Warren Buffett got wealthy being very clever. He's playing both ends against the middle. Romney brought up in the debates that the wealthy will be just fine, it's the middle class that's getting slammed. It appears what matters to you is getting back at those evil rich people. You keep bringing them up. You do know that the top 5% in income earners pay 60% of income taxes? It's not to defend them, or a judgement on how nice or not nice they are. But the fact is if you are going to hike taxes on everyone over $200k or $250k you are ultimately going to hurt working people too. But that really doesn't matter because we are going to make those evil rich guys pay, aren't we? That's what it's all about. No matter that the country goes into the toilet if we can just take the rich down with it. Cutting off our nose to spite our face.