Got put in for a sick day?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dddaannoo, Jan 15, 2015.

1. dddaannoo

dddaannoo New Member

If I'm posting this on the wrong area I apologize, but I'm just curious. Last week I asked if I could have last Thursday off if they had coverage... was told they did and I could have the day off for a doctors appointment. I just looked at my check and they put me in for a sick day even though I never Called out?
  2. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

They automatically start using your Option Days from what I understand.
  3. dddaannoo

dddaannoo New Member

Hm. Interesting. Just caught me off guard. Trying to save my sick days for if and when it actually snows in my area.
  4. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

Asking off is taking a sick day.

Fair weather driver, eh. Yeah, you're a real team player. :/
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  5. dddaannoo

dddaannoo New Member

6. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

You have to tell them in advance you don't want to use a sick day. If not they automatically put you in for one, if you have them available
  7. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

Thats why you always check the next say or friday to see what they put you in for. If i come in and they have extras n want a day off i always tell them ill take a layoff day n check on friday to double check to make sure they didnt something sheisty the day i was off lol.
  8. dddaannoo

dddaannoo New Member

Oh okay, thanks man I appreciate it.
  9. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

And you did say you wanted the day off for a Doctors appointment. Sounds like a sick day.
  10. dddaannoo

dddaannoo New Member

No, I just asked if they were coverage. I was going to work if they needed me too
  11. dddaannoo

dddaannoo New Member

Sorry I read that if you asked that as a question. My bad
  12. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

How personal and sick days are used vary by center and the person taking the day off.

Next time you want a day off and not be paid tell them that and ask to be coded out as 26 no pay.

I combined 3 sick and 2 person days for a extra week of vacation so any time I take off now I make sure is coded out as 26 or I won't get paid for 1 week of vacation.
  13. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

They used to just assume it was an option 3 or sick day on purpose I like code 26. Thanks.
  14. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

No pays?!?! No way!!!!
  15. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

We call em' "Snowette's".
  16. OPTION3

OPTION3 Well-Known Member

TEAM player.....That's funny!

HEFFERNAN Huge Member

You should probably stay home on the sunny days too !!!!
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  18. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 mouth breathers...everywhere

19. 9.5er

9.5er Well-Known Member

Funny how different centers operate in so many different ways. My center puts you down for no pay unless you ask for them to use you sick day.