Got snapped at by a clerk for being early and setting up the belt?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Two employees, one male and one female, both call in sick. Their male supervisor can only let one of them have the day. The male employee complains of digestive issues while the female is a bit less specific---"female issues".

Who do you think gets the day off?
Can only LET one of them have off?

Not how it works.

W

What The Hawk?

Why would yo do something that burns you out?
I just try hard in every job when I first start out. Bend over backwards, work for free, during breaks..etc. But it gets old quick. I expressed to someone that I was afraid I'd get fired if I'm not literally working my butt off and they said, and I quote "it's hard to get fired from here". I'm still going to work as hard as I possibly can but I'm done working for free, because knowing me I would injure myself at work and it would happen when I was working for free. This job doesn't burn me out I really enjoy this job but it was taking a toll because I was putting my energy into the wrong things.

W

What The Hawk?

I have an unrelated question. I need another half dock for one of my trucks. I always run out of space under the belt on the half dock I already have and also between my trucks. Sometimes they will park my trucks far enough apart I can put one of my bulk stops down between them but mostly they dont. Should I go in early tomorrow and ask if i can have another one or just deal with it?

PT Car Washer

I have an unrelated question. I need another half dock for one of my trucks. I always run out of space under the belt on the half dock I already have and also between my trucks. Sometimes they will park my trucks far enough apart I can put one of my bulk stops down between them but mostly they dont. Should I go in early tomorrow and ask if i can have another one or just deal with it?
You can request a full dock but don't get your hopes up. If your building is anything like mine, there is only so many docks to go around. There is no way to stack packages between our cars. We park them about 4 inches apart. With Winter coming the floor is covered with water from the melting snow under the trucks. Most likely tell you to load and not stack out.

W

What The Hawk?

You can request a full dock but don't get your hopes up. If your building is anything like mine, there is only so many docks to go around. There is no way to stack packages between our cars. We park them about 4 inches apart. With Winter coming the floor is covered with water from the melting snow under the trucks. Most likely tell you to load and not stack out.
Okay. Driver can deal with it. Lol Everytime I break my back to make the driver happy he complains anyway. 3 huge bulk stops for this truck two already have their designated spots I'll just put the other one in the back too. Hopefully it works out.

And when you fall and get hurt n [ workers comp cause you were not on company time.
She's still on probation. So what if she's covered for any injury while working off the clock. They could just not call her back into work to finish probation period. Ya, she could get a lawyer, but working pt at UPS, doubt she has a spare 10 grand in her pocket.

PT Car Washer

Okay. Driver can deal with it. Lol Everytime I break my back to make the driver happy he complains anyway. 3 huge bulk stops for this truck two already have their designated spots I'll just put the other one in the back too. Hopefully it works out.
Let the supervisors deal with it. Most drivers come to work unhappy. You just happen to be the first person they see that they can abuse without someone calling in a complaint.